THR Had THR on 21st Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tammy your tips have been noted and yep you're right, the more you concentrate on the fact that you are not sleeping, the worse it gets. My body seems to think " so what if its the early hours of the morning, I haven't done much work so I'm not tired". I must admit I'm just listening to my body and giving in when the time is right.
 
Hi Tizzy- Just going to jump in on the sleep thread - I am also a side sleeper. I am generally fond of firmer mattresses, but I found I had to switch to a softer mattress (thank goodness we have a spare bed with a softer mattress!) in order to sleep on my back. I also sleep with my operated leg elevated and my good leg flat, with the dog on my good side. She is warm, plus she keeps me from inadvertently rolling over. I am cleared to sleep on my good side, but I find I can only do so for about an hour or two and then my operated side starts complaining a little.

Good luck with the sleep! You are doing great for a week out
 
It will be 6 weeks for me on Tuesday and I'm pretty sure I haven't slept a solid night yet. When I wake up now, I read for a bit dredged up someone for phone Scrabble...anything so I'm not stewing. More or less the whole month of November was recovery, and I'm. sure I mapped a lot. It's fine, it's all sleep and as my mother used to say about a sleepless night, at least you're resting!
 
Hi, Linda! I'm actually a "Linda" too :) But I answer to Bunny as well.

My hip is six days older than yours. Sleeping is tough. I'm allowed to sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees. That helps a bit. I'm wondering if maybe I don't need as much sleep as I think -- before my surgery I was in such chronic pain that a slept a lot.

My doctor thinks I can return to work full-time ( desk job) after the first of the year, so your plan doesn't sound unreasonable. But our bodies are all different...
 
One morning you will wake up and think.. Wow! I slept all night.. It happens eventually :)
 
Hey Linda... or Bunny lol thank you for your post. I agree with you that before the op I was in great pain too and slept a lot and I suppose that became a bit of a habit that takes some adjusting to. I appear to be healing well and not feeling unwell so my body must be reasonably happy. I have my staples removed on Tuesday and altho am anxious about this, I am looking forward to the freedom for my skin. I slept for 3 hours last night (or should I say early hours of the morning) and will nap throughout the day. Judging by what you have been told and the progress you have made, sounds like I'm on the same level as you so I may be back to work in January on a phased return. I see my specialist for my follow-up on 8th January so I'll find out then ....onwards and upwards eh Linda? :ok:
 
I'll let you know when that happens Poppet!!!:beg:
 
Hi nerdgrrl your sleeping arrangement sounds so comfy! My sister has been looking after my labrador dog (Marley) whilst I have been recovering and he's coming back today. He may just be my new sleeping partner tonight lol!!!:puppysmooze:
 
Yes PlanetJanet..... am starting to think that any sleep is good sleep
 
Linda, having the staples out was a bit of a non event for me, I had 39 and said to the nurse will you let me know when you have started and she said ' oh, I have nearly finished'. It was only the last couple gave me a little sting.

It does feel great when they are out :)
 
Got mine out on Monday so I'll let you know how it goes! I'm looking forward to it, hoping it doesn't hurt in the slightest but I'm guessing co pared to the pain we have encountered over the past few years this will be minor.
 
Good luck and congratulations on your future Staple Removal milestones Deb and Spid. You will be so pleasantly surprised at how much better this will make you feel. Not to mention how nice showering is without having to worry about your incisions. Roll on Monday and Tuesday.

Tammy
 
Yay, Marley's coming home! I know his antics and snuggles will help with your healing :)
 
:puppysmooze: Nothing better than some puppy lovin. Sleep well.
 
way hay spid.... we'll compare notes lol...Good luck for Monday!!! And thanks Tammy you make it sound like a celebration so bring it on! OH and I got my Marley home, he has given me lots of love and cuddles tonight and I promised him he can sleep with me tonight so here goes for a better nights sleep!!! :sleep:
 
Yay! Marley has his people back! You may think you have promised him that he could sleep with you....but I bet that nothing was going to stop him from sleeping with you, promise or not. He has his Mommy back.

I hope you and Marley sleep like babies tonight. Let us know how it goes.

Tammy
 
Can you feel your stitches now Tammy? I can feel them pulling a little I think, or maybe it's just in my head.
 
I had staples Spid. Parts of the incision are a bit bumpy and can become quite painful if I lay on it. But overall it feels much better than it did when all 30 of those pesky metal staples were in there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom