Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

@Susan209 thanks :) And I went out to the garden and picked some roses. Thanks everyone. I’m having one of those days but I’m staying positive. You guys rock!
 
Aaah! Picking pretty flowers in the garden. How nice @Gretel :flwrysmile:

It's 9:40 pm Wednesday evening here, obviosly dark outside, snow on the ground, only 36 degrees! :gaah:
Now I'm going to cry.:bawl:

Time for bed instead......goodnight :sleeep:

You enjoy your day :yahoo:
 
Hang in there @Gretel! We are all here for you when you need us. We've all had our down days and there was always someone here to lift us up, too. Thank heavens for the BS forum!!! :loveshwr:
 
Off to work...just wanted to say, hope you have a peaceful day.
Guess you saw how up and down I was at this point in my recovery.
It's hard to be so dependant on others and feel better but not be able to do.
It will get there...sending lots of love your way.
 
Hi @Gretel
I'm hoping that today feels brighter than yesterday.
We all have those down days. Recovery can be frustrating at times and feel confining.
Then boredom and frustration set in.
BUT the good news is it doesn't last! You've been doing great
and things will only get better with each passing week. Try to mark
your progress by weekends, that's what I did. It was easiest to remember
what I was doing, or not able to do, the previous weekend over any single weekday.
Best wishes that today finds you well rested and offers you lots of peaceful relaxation.
Sending love and a hug.....
 
Hi there @Gretel
Thinking of the Fab Four today and hope you're doing okay.
I know you were feeling a little emotional the other day.....hope things are looking up.
Just wanted to stop by, say hi and wish you a wonderful weekend! :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @Layla hubby took me out for dinner last night and that’s helped. I think I expected I’d recover more quickly than I am and I’m finding walking harder than I expected. Patience.....
I hope you have a great weekend :)
 
One month Gretel. One.
Don't get discouraged.
It's hard, and exhausting, and at times disheartening.
But will get better.
I'm rooting for you....give yourself a break.
Double time, but one and done.
Don't compare, okay?:friends:
 
Sending you a huge hug today and a great big smile :0)

Hang in there my lovely and as @Mojo333 only one month in still very early days especially for double trouble hips :good-bad:
 
Thanks @Welshgirl, yes a month isn’t long is it?
Is it normal that I’m taking rather shortened steps at this stage? I was finding it felt awkward walking really upright too but that seems to be getting better. I’ve realised I’ve not taken any paracetamol since this morning!
 
I baby stepped my stride for a good six weeks and then had to gradually practice lengthening it. It's those sore thigh muscles.
And yes ma'am, that sleep thing will make you bonkers.
Plus, week four was notoriously my post op blues period. Glad you have hubby there for weekend.
All very normal, and so am I NOW.:egypdance:
 
I'm sure it's pretty normal to be taking shortened steps, you are in a sense learning to walk again!
My surgeon yesterday told me to go slow and take short steps until I'm used to walking unaided again.
Keeping on top of you meds to ease the pain with help to keep you more mobile. The more you move the easier it will become :0)
Since the doc lifted my restrictions yesterday i think physcologically I feel so much better. It's as though he has given me a Green light and belief that i can do this walking malarkey ;0)
I'm so glad Hubby is home today and your spirits are up. You are doing amazingly well please don't forget that.
Have an awesome day
 
Could NOT sleep last night... Up every few hours. Don't have harsh pain any more, just uncomfortable... Uncomfortable
It's only been a month I keep telling myself...
Betcha Tonite I might sleep. I'll be tuckered out. Supposed to go to work for a hour this morning but then I will come home and ice and rest until we serve clients at 2.
Hope all my recovering friend have a good day!

Wish I were done with this recovery thing. I'm tired if it. Tomorrow will be a new day. Taking a pill after I eat something light for supper even if I don't need one. Do need some sleep. Better days ahead

A couple of my lovely quotes from one month out...sounds familiar?
You should whine more... so at least my thread isn't the only bilateral wimp record.:cry:
 
Ah @Mojo333 you are funny!
What were you taking to help with sleep? I’m only taking panadol so that’s not going to do anything. I actually thought about taking an antihistamine that I know knocks me out but they are out of date.
 
Hi Gretel,
It seems collectively we think you're doing great!
Post op blues - normal
Sleep issues - normal
Shortened stride - normal
Forgotten meds - normal
I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better and that you've had hubby's company all weekend.

A natural alternative for sleep is Magnesium Glycinate. It aids in falling asleep and staying asleep
Also good for relaxing muscles, nerves and supporting bone health. Something to look into....if interested.

Wishing you a Sunday full of comfort and love :flwrysmile::loveshwr:
 
Panadol only? I still had painkillers...I took Dilaudid, regularly for almost 2 months. Then, Tramadol for about two months in evenings...How is your pain?
I took less and less as time went on and had no issues when I stopped.
Did not help with sleep, honestly.
I think it was literally several months out before I could get more than about 3 hours. I gave up and did naps. I know I never say what you want to hear, but just being honest! Time...time, really IS the healer of all wounds.
I feel for you...we went through alot! But I'm through all my tough stuff now so along with sympathy I offer you a brighter tomorrow down the road.
Hang in there, bilateral bud.
 
Oh my goodness just so excited this morning. I slept in my bed most of the night! I got up to the toilet a couple of times but straight back to sleep. Yippeee! My daughter suggested a diffuser so I bought one yesterday and had it chugging out lavender all night beside me. It made a quiet soothing sound too.
 
Thanks @Layla I’ll look into that magnesium. I did take some I’d bought for hubby’s cramps a few nights. Not sure what sort of magnesium they are.
@Mojo333 pain really isn’t bothering me much at all. I forgot to take panadol cause I wasn’t in pain.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom