Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

Then you sure doing better than I was!:roseshwr:
 
I think I spoke too soon. A bit of soreness this morning :( I’ve been good for days so I’d rather not go back to the heavy duty drugs... Currently icing.
 
I iced for three months all I could.
It is very helpful.
 
Can I ask a silly question? Should I be icing my thighs or my hips?
 
@Gretel ...Not silly. I asked the same thing...:heehee: I iced my thighs alot because there the pain and swelling were at. Plus easier than my hips to do.
 
@Gretel you'll note that I moved your post to your own recovery thread. Please post questions about your recovery here in the future. That will make it easier for people to find you and provide accurate advice.

To answer your question, I would ice wherever I felt stiff or sore. I mainly iced my surgical incision, because that was where most of my pain was.
 
Hi @Gretel,
I hope you're doing well. Feeling stronger day by day I'll bet.
Wishing you a great week! :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Layla. Feeling a bit off today. I’ve been quite dizzy so being very careful and staying put in my recliner!
 
Oh I'm sorry to hear that @Gretel but I'm concerned also.
Please be careful if hubby is at work and you're home alone.
Any idea what's causing the dizziness?
Sure hope that dissipates soon....it has to be kind of unnerving.
 
Yes it’s rather unnerving. I’ve suffered vertigo every now and then. Not sure if it’s related to my lack of sleep? I’m feeling better than I did earlier but being very careful.
 
Oh my goodness I did get a fright this afternoon. I’d stayed in my recliner for hours and felt fine so I got up to feed the dogs. Still felt fine so thought I’d have a shower. As soon as I was in there the dizziness hit big time! I got into the corner and braced myself till it passed. Quickest shower in history. As soon as I could move I was out of there, thrown a nightie on and back in the recliner till hubby got home. I seem okay again now. Really shook me up when I thought what could have happened. I don’t know why I’m getting dizzy :(
 
Gracious. I had some medication out of the blue dizziness, or like blood pressure stuff?
Seems like mine was due to when I got too heated...
Don't know, but I also had a near fall and it is unsettling. I made sure I used the dumb walker when no-one when was the four short walks on the porch. Just in case. Sorry you got a scare, Gretel.
 
@Gretel. Try not stress about it. Rest, up your water intake and eat little and often. Post bilateral my BP and blood count was way down and I had a few of those dizzy spells 3/4 weeks out. In fact last one must have been 6 week's plus out as I had driven my husband to hospital appt. Leaving doc's office I got one! Laid me down took BP it was in the 90's! At 8/9 weeks blood pressure and blood count back to normal. Gretel the 1st 2 months are very early in recovery all is and will continue to settle down. You wont know yourself in another 4 weeks or so. It is so worth all the pain, sleep problems, tears and all the little and big difficulties. Pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.. don't think good idea to shower if you are home alone.. I used to announce I was showering and make sure someone was at hand just in case. Keep up the good work.
 
Hi @Gretel
I hope you're feeling better today and aren't continuing to feel dizzy.
If you're not already.....maybe try getting up slower. If you're rising from lying down, sit for a couple minutes before standing. I think hydration is also important as hoppy Mary mentioned. Possibly you are already doing these things. If so....I wonder if it could be related to any drugs you're still taking?
It's worrisome in the fact that you're alone during the day and obviously don't want to fall.
Keeping your walker close by would be beneficial until these dizzy spells disappear for good.
Wishing you a good day!
 
Thanks @Mojo333 , @Layla and @hoppy Mary . Hoppy Mary my blood pressure does tend to be on the low side and I had trouble with it post op,so that’s probably it. I didn’t even think of that! I’ll be very careful! A fall would not be good. I’ll drag the walker back out just in case, Layla.
 
It might be a good idea to wait and shower until hubby is home for the time being. It would give you a little more peace of mind. Getting up too fast and not eating enough can do it as well. There are probably a hundred things that could cause it although for you it sounds like BP is a good possibility. I'm sure it is all part of the healing process as you are very early out. It sounds like overall you are doing great though.
 
Thanks @GrannyC yes I think I’ll delay my shower till he’s home. I don’t want to do anything silly! So far this morning no sign of dizziness. I’m drinking extra and fingers crossed.
 
Plus weakness after surgery lasted for quite awhile. If I sat for long sprints and got up I could get light headed.
I often had more than one ice pack on at a time. And kept moving them around.
 
My husband would sit out side of the shower and make sure no problems getting out also. Hold my towel.
He said he really didn't mind.
I said don't be cute, definitely wasn't in the mood for any of that at the moment..:heehee:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom