Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

:hi: @Gretel
We're an awfully bossy bunch aren't we? :old:
All advice given in love....all in love! :loveshwr:
Hope you have a lovely day :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you, yes I’m feeling much better today. @MammaT dizziness is not fun at all! I’m making sure to drink extra today. I’ve actually just done some vacuuming. First time in a long time. Sitting back in the recliner with ice now. All my kids and grandkids are coming over for birthday cake this afternoon. It will be good to see them all :)
 
Is it your birthday? @Gretel
If so.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Wishing you the best one ever and a year filled with peace, love and everything good :flwrysmile:
 
Happy Birthday @Gretel. Enjoy your cake and family time. Next year you can have two birthdays, with an Oct 4th one for your hips!

I'm impressed you have been vacuuming - I'm trying to make that restriction last as long as I can.
 
Late to the party.
[Bonesmart.org] Gretel post op<
 
Happy birthday to you... if I've made it in time!!!! Hope you have had an amazing day my lovely hippy friend :cheers:
 
Thanks :) It was so lovely to see them all and youngest gave me a huge hug. The chocolate cake was amazing. My daughter bakes a good cake! We were going to go to Thai restaurant for tea but I was so tired hubby got take away. I felt a bit off again tonight. Might need to go to doctor if I don’t improve. I have just slept in bed for nearly five hours though. Yippeee!!
 
@Gretel, sorry to hear you feel poorly. Do you think you could be anemic? I was a few years ago and needed some prescription iron. Perhaps worth a trip to your Dr.

Hope you feel better soon.
 
Thanks @EmEm its possible I may be anemic. They were checking in hospital and it was a bit low but I didn’t need a transfusion. I don’t think a course of iron would do me any harm.
 
Hi all. I’m doing fine around the house. Getting around without aids. But I can’t walk far at all. I really don’t feel I’ve made any progress in that way in the last week.
 
Post op Energy drain is definitely a real thing...with or without the low iron but I agree you should check it out.
Your body takes all the energy for healing leaving us little for getting around on.The up side is it sits us down so we CAN heal.
All temporary friend. Hope today is better.:) :-) (:
 
Hi sweet Gretel!
It has to be way more difficult with both legs healing. You don't have a good one to rely on. I can only try to imagine.....
I'm sure it's easy to compare your progress with others @Gretel but everything you are
experiencing is doubled. Your poor body took on twice the assault and is healing at its own pace.
We feel your progress. It seems you're doing really well for only a little over 5 weeks
out of a MAJOR surgery. Chin up and keep up the good work. You'll get there!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend :flwrysmile: :loveshwr:
 
Thanks @Mojo333 and @Layla. I thought I’d manage to walk a little further each day and build it up but it’s just as hard to walk the same distance without adding to it! We went to the shops tonight and I didn’t get far at all before finding a seat and waiting for hubby to come find me.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom