I thought I was getting better at the sleeping. Saturday night I’d managed to sleep the best yet. Last night I’ve managed maybe an hour in the recliner :( So tired and grumpy this morning.
Hi @Gretel I’m sorry to hear about the non-sleeping but also reassured it’s not just me. I had a nap this afternoon in our spare bedroom to see if that might be better. I am developing a dislike of the bed and room I’m currently (not) sleeping in. I don’t see the OS until 22 Nov so presume I have the restrictions until then.
I hope you manage a nap during the day so that you feel better. Hopefully you can also get out in the sun too. The temperature here is supposed to be going down to 0C overnight so I will have to wrap up for my walk tomorrow.
Hi Ladies. So sorry for the sleep deprivation. Definitely goes with the territory
Much love to you both as all very vivid in my memory. Hey! Did you catch that? Now it's a memory. Lookee how that happens
Hi @EmEm and @Mojo333 its just so frustrating isn’t it? I think I’ve actually made it worse cause I’ve gone off the Targin. I didn’t take it yesterday morning and was going to take it last night but since I wasn’t in pain I didn’t bother. I’ve realised I should have tapered it off. Apart from lack of sleep I’m fine though.
Can’t wait till I’m bouncing Mojo
I’ve been out for a little walk around the yard and done some watering. Closing the house up soon cause it’s going to be about 36 today.
Great job Gretel. Not even a month out from DOUBLE hip replacement and you sound like you might live.
At 3 months you are gonna see a remarkable difference I think...then watch out World. Here comes your new bilateral bouncing baby hips....GRETEL.
I hope it improves your life as much as it has mine. These lingering issues are but a bump in the road and all its still so much better.
Hi Gretel. Well done on your bilateral. You are doing great. Looking back I found the 1st 4 weeks the most cumbersome. I'm 4 months out now and sometimes forget I had the op. I will do something and then silently marvel that I did it without pain. The beautiful sleep will come. You will look at the clock one morning in amazement at having had a full nights sleep. Bliss. Take it easy and ice ice ice.
You're doing great! @Gretel I'm happy and excited for you.
You may not always feel it but we can tell through your posts.
Sleep will come, not always when we want it too though.....sadly.
Best wishes for continued recovery and some much deserved restorative sleep!
Hugs
Wow I got the most sleep I’ve had so that was wonderful!
I have got a bit of a concern though. I could feel a prickle or something in my toe days ago. I asked hubby to look and he tried to get it out but no luck. My daughter looked this morning and she dug out a prickle but there’s another in there she couldn’t get and she said there’s a bit of pus. I put some Manuka honey on a band aid and she’s put that on it. Should I be concerned and go to the doctor? Normally I’d not be worried but infection worries me... It just seems such a trivial thing for the doctor. Thanks.
Hi Gretel,
Happy to hear you got some good rest!
Probably no worries on the foot BUT to put your mind at ease....call the office of your OS and ask. It will get you an answer and peace of mind.
I always have to stop and think of what time of day it is for you....I'm thinking it's Tuesday
morning so you should probably be able to easily get an answer.
Wishing you a great day, Gretel! @Gretel
PS Not trivial either....better to be safe than sorry!
Manuka honey. OK. I'll have to look up. Do you have any topical antibiotic ointment? Yep, can't be too careful. You are not allowed to have any issues.
Yay on the sleep. Amazing, body heals best when we sleep.
Glad you managed some sleep... hooray what a wonderful feeling it is :0) long may the sleeping pattern get better and better.
With regard to you splinter/prickle a little trick that has worked for me is to use a little bit of baking soda mixed with a drop or two of water to make a paste. Spread that on the area cover with a plaster/ band aid for at least a few hours or even over night if possible. This should draw out the prickle for you to easily remove...
It might help!
Hope you get it sorted :o) have a wonderful day
@Welshgirl I actually did try that for two days! Thanks. I think it was helping a bit cause my daughter got one out this morning that hubby couldn’t get two days ago. When she told me there was pus though I thought I’d better not leave it longer. Doctor got it out for me this afternoon
Thanks @Layla yes my ouchie is gone Next issue..... sorry lol Since surgery I’ve noticed the skin on my legs feels quite wierd at times. It was really annoying me last night. I couldn’t stand the sheets touching my knees when I went to bed. I ended up with large cereal boxes arranged to keep the sheets away. Poor long suffering hubby was hunting around trying to find things. It did the trick and I got to sleep. I’m guessing it’s just a passing stage? Thanks.
I wouldn't be concerned right now @Gretel
My best guess is it's nerves regenerating. You feel so many
odd and different sensations in recovery, especially early on.
I think unless it's something causing major pain, fever, redness / heat
is escalating or unrelenting I'd just try to ignore it OR come up with ingenious
ideas to remedy the problem .....as you did.
I'd love to see the cereal box fort you created for your legs Lol!
Hey....whatever gets you through the night.....it's alright! I think those are song lyrics, haha.
OK, @Gretel. Wish you had gone first. Never thought about cereal boxes. Yep, all getting well and coming back to life. The aggravated leg stage. Myvhuby would lean over at rub my leg and I would cringe like a frigid schoolgirl after all of his heroics...don't touch on me.
It stuck around a while for me, sorry to say, but the numbness subsided at same time.
Kind of like they fell asleep and that aggravating blood coming back in.
I think it's supposed to be a good thing
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.