Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Well the guy also has a 72 VW bus and I know what that looks like... It's sweet. The It must be some kind of typo unless there's another manufacturer with a cat called that.
Hey, at over a half century old, I consider my myself older model but with a free new parts...I plan on becoming a running classic
 
Could NOT sleep last night... Up every few hours. Don't have harsh pain any more, just uncomfortable... Uncomfortable!
It's only been a month I keep telling myself...
Betcha Tonite I might sleep. I'll be tuckered out. Supposed to go to work for a hour this morning but then I will come home and ice and rest until we serve clients at 2.
Hope all my recovering friend have a good day!
 
Hi @Mojo333 - I'm three weeks ahead of you and finally my sleep is settling down. I'm scared to write that! Jinx. Really I'm trying to go super slow. I think I'll start doing some exercises at 12 weeks when I'll know the difference between soft tissues healing and stiff reluctant muscles. Until then - walk a bit more each day and continue to ice when needed.

Have a good day!
 
@Iabanan Comforting to hear (and frustrating) to hear it's probably once again a Time Thing! Will take Jaycey's advice and do the Tylenol. Honestly I forget about that option because I quit taking any over the counter meds when I used them so much with my OA and they did no good at all. They just weren't effective for my type of pain. Do I counted them as useless. Got the tremors in my right upper thigh this morning when at complete rest. Not hurting just involuntary muscle quivering. All a part of it I'm sure. It's only been a month, it's only been a month, it's only been a month...
 
I get that "uncomfortable" feeling in my operated leg at times, too. It is more apt to be towards morning but last night it was after only a couple hours of sleep. But I only had one leg done so big difference there. For me I can go to my back and put my leg on a pillow and that helps for some strange reason. I think once you go to your side, you will start to sleep better. I know I did. I, too, forget about the Tylenol because it never helped st all with the OA. I always used Aleve instead. Now I'm feeling my hip at times, especially after sitting a bit and I caught myself limping a bit yesterday. I'm going to ask PT about it and maybe even take a week off from PT to see if it goes away. I'm just not sure what is causing it or if it is just a part of the healing process.

It sounds like your day is off to a rough start. Hopefully that little rest you get after the morning work, will rejuvenate you a vit and help you make it through the rest of the day.
 
Ebb and flow, right GrannyC? I still sleep on my back mostly with a pillow under my knees. My incisions appear to be closed up with a few ugly bumps where the 'fishing line' is.
I think also I forget how worn out my body got... Dealing with the OA and lack of sleep and pain. Gracious, if we could been in perfect physical health beforehand it wouldn't be so much effort for recovering.
Yeah, got a little bit of the blues today but f gonna make the best of it. All in all, just so grateful not to have any post op complications like infection or anything!
Count my blessings... Serve people worse off than me... Go home and be sorry- that's my plan. Hope you feel better GrannyC
 
Wish I were done with this recovery thing. I'm tired if it. Tomorrow will be a new day. Taking a pill after I eat something light for supper even if I don't need one. Do need some sleep. Better days ahead...
 
Sweetie when do you see your doctor again? I go in 4 weeks... I am thinking you may want to call JUST to be sure this is normal ...hugs
 
Mojo333.
At 5 wks you are further along than I was. Its no harm at all to get into a regular pattern of paracetamol 1000mg to help you along.
You are going to improve over the coming weeks and months. Zauberflote has just posted on the pre op side as she is having her second hip replaced. Have a read at her post especially the paragraph where she describes her first recovery.
Try to keep the spirits up mojo.
Joe.....
 
You will have better days - heck I get discouraged but then I remember the cave of pain I was in before the operation! Wow! Now I can walk tall. Love it! This is all pain with an ending - that was pain that without the beautiful science of these replacements would be unending.
 
I see you didn't post at 3 or 4am today so hopefully that means you may have finally gotten a bit of sleep. That lack of sleep just makes everything worse - more aches and pains, more blue feelings, etc., etc. hopefully the meds will help make some more sleep possible. Hang in there as it will all be better before long :flwrysmile:
 
Thank y'all so much!! @Iabanan y'all is a southern US term that means a group of folks ...I love my honest friends. I told them they would have to do without me there rest of the day. I need to rest...read..de-escalate stress. Reading very mellow stuff...
"Close your mouth, block off your senses
Blunt your sharpness, untie your knots;
Soften your glare, settle your dust.
This is your primal identity."
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if we are supposed to post pics. But my new tie rods and ball joints. Other looks the same but with a few screws shot in it.
Amazing.

[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 
I wondered if it was and I'm assured that it is. My OS said that after he measured and put liners in the socket one of them had a tiny bit of play in it so that is how he fixed it. He said it was because I've am very active and to prevent future issues... The pic was my left hip without the screws... I'll have to send the other. Very strange looking. My BIL said they shot one screw on and it didn't catch so they popped about one in there... He thought he was being funny. But I guess yep we're needed. Hope he isn't right.
@MyAussieGirl .
Hope you are good!!
 
Last edited:
Creepy, eh! Those delicate surgeons use more power tools than a mechanic or a carpenter.
Amazing what they can do. I should Google when the first hip replacement was done... Bet it's been refined quite a bit.

[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom