TKR greeneyedtattedgirl's recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Friends... Just received report that my breast biopsy is negative!!!!! Crying tears of joy here at the moment! Wanted to thank all of you for your kindness and support during this extremely difficult ti!me. As far as my knee goes I am back at physio 2x per week. My therapist was thrilled and surprised at the progress I had made from last Thursday to this Monday. She said she did not think I would be able to do half of what I did this Monday. Now that I feel stronger and recovered from the Strep throat I am pouring myself into my recovery. My incision is healing great, I still have a lot of swelling and tightness I suspect it is to do with me doing my exercises. I am taking minimal amounts of heavy pain meds, getting by with only one long lasting dilauded and extra strength Tylenol for break thru. Along with ice. Much better at managing the stairs in n out my home. Even easier now to get into my car as passenger of course! I am currently 5 weeks post op. The anxiety meds have been working which has changed the quality of my life to the point where I almost feel myself. I am still having a very hard time being alone so long as I Imagine anyone would. I have physio this afternoon so I must run for now to get ready.
Thank you Thank you Thank you to you all
Sheila

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk
 
Great update! I am so happy for you!!! You will look back at this time a few months from now and say Yeah. I made it and am very proud of myself! Good for you.
 
I still have a lot of swelling and tightness I suspect it is to do with me doing my exercises
Aha, mantra reminder time :)

- If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it.

I am still having a very hard time being alone
That's not permanently is it?? If its just during the day, watch telly and relax. This is YOUR time.
 
What wonderful news , I am so pleased for you.
I struggled with the car for ages & avoided it for the first six weeks so it sounds like you are doing well! Now at nearly 3 months I get in & out fairly easily so time does heal!!
 
I am so glad to hear that your biopsy is normal and that your knee is improving! I am in a similar situation. My GP sent me for my first mammogram the Wednesday before my surgery. In just a few hours, they had called me back because the radiologist found a potential cyst and wanted me to come back for an ultrasound. So Thursday I went in for an ultrasound. Before I even left, they told me that I would need a biopsy. When I was admitted on Friday, my osteo doc told me I had to wait for 6 weeks before getting it done. At this point, I am focusing on my knee and will worry about the other part later...

So glad to hear that you are making progress! You can do this!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@H2OPoloMom thank you so very much for your kindness and concern. I Have been improving as of recently feeling a little bit more like myself. I'm still having good days and bad days days. I feel strong and positive some days and other days I feel very vulnerable and anxious. I'm currently trying to live in the moment and let go of things I have no control of. Please know that I'm here for you 100% if you need anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me its a lot to go through and requires a lot of support from friends and family including your bone smart family. If it was not for this group I don't know what I would have done everyone has been so kind to me and so supportive and have a wealth of knowledge there so willing to share.
Good Luck, please stay in touch.
Sheila


Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
Ok so sorry to bring up the P**P conversation. I was awake until 230am this morning severe pain "had to go" but was unable. Was at rectum but refused to leave. I litterly sobbed for 2 hours no relief. Took 2 laxatives woke at 8am thought Yes I think I can go Noooo right back to where I left off. Its now 130pm an additional 2 laxatives still in pain still nothing moving. NOT TO BE GROSS but its right there and sitting is very uncomfortable. Praying the laxatives kick in! I know its caused by my meds and diet right now I have no appetite but I am trying to eat. Will speak to GP 're change of meds. Any advise to speed the process now pleaseeeee help!!!!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
Took 2 laxatives woke at 8am thought Yes I think I can go Noooo right back to where I left off. Its now 130pm an additional 2 laxatives still in pain still nothing moving. NOT TO BE GROSS but its right there and sitting is very uncomfortable annoying the laxatives kick in! I know its caused by my meds and diet right now I
@greeneyedtattedgirl Try a small fleets enema. That will surely work.. I had that same problem and it helped to get things started. One thing I did that has really helped. If you like grapes and cherries, buy some and clean them and have them sitting out. I found I am consuming more fruit and drinking the water this has helped immensely
 
I came very close to having an impacted bowel as I started cutting back on the stool softeners too quickly. It took a couple of suppositories, a lot of drinking water and some serious straining to get that snake out of me, luckily. I was very close to going to an urgent care center or the emergency room.
 
Im pushing water today and warm chamomile tea. Had some apple sauce and a sm portion of veg pasta salad. Im confused and nervous if I should be eating until I actually "go"

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
A friend of mine also recommended the small fleets enema, but my doctors office told me to try some magnesium citrate. Drink half the bottle then wait an hour, if nothing happens, drink the other half. It took several hours for it to kick in, but then it was VERY EFFECTIVE. They had 3 flavors : cherry, grape and lemon. I opted for the lemon and it was like drinking a liquid version of sour lemon heads. It made me feel full and sick to my stomach for a little while, but it did work eventually ( like 4 hours later) and I feel sooo much better now!
 
Just received report that my breast biopsy is negative!!!!! Crying tears of joy here at the moment!

I wish their was a "LOVE" button. This is such awesome news. The news on your recovery and anxiety is fantastic as well. You have truly turned a corner!

The constipation is another story. I am fortunate that this was only an issue the first week I came home from the hospital. I take Senokot - herbal remedy that softens the stools. I took quite a bit before it worked but since then I have had no issues. I only drink water and tea, since I cannot have alcohol, so I think that helps a lot too. Eat veggies and fruit that provide roughage as well. I do hope you find some relief soon.

Take care.
 
The suppository or enema may be best at this point. If you are still having problems tomorrow, contact your GP. The thing you don't want is to have your bowels impacted. You should also be drinking plenty of water and eating fruits and vegetables. Don't stop doing that just because you are having problems going.

If, as you say, the stool is right at your rectum, you might try putting on some latex gloves (you can get them at the drug store) and seeing if you can dislodge the stool yourself. I know this is not too nice a thing to try and do, but if it is very, very firm and dry it may not come on its own. The thing you definitely don't want to do is strain to go. Please don't do that!!!
 
Hi @greeneyedtattedgirl

Wonderful news about the breast biopsy!! :yes!::happydance::yay::dancy::spin:

I hope you get that horrible constipation sorted out. For future reference, this article is useful:
Constipation and stool softeners

As long as you are taking pain medication, you probably need to make sure you are following at least some of the measures recommended there.
 
Thank you everyone, after 2 days if great and anxiety things have "finally moved" today despite taking my anxiey meds I am an emotional wreck today. I am so fed up and sad today. My newly pregnant daughter came to visit but because her 1year old was cranky she had to leave in less than 30 minutes now Im falling apart! I want my old life back sooo badly! !! I have a physio app today but feel so fragile im afraid to break down at my appt.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom