Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Congratulations on a lovely wedding, and on your two year anniversary. What a brilliant recovery story. You are an inspiration as well as a huge support to us all.

Like everyone else, I’m hanging out for those photos.

Thanks all.
I credit my surgeon, and a super helpful forum that kept me sane and hopeful.
We can't have ALL good days in recovery...but knowing it is a temporary situation, with a Cure... after years of not even knowing what the problem was...had made all the hard days worthwhile.
Thanks to all Layla and GrannyC and my favorite dip, MyAussieGirl, and all my early recovery buds and how blessed I am to have all my new recovering hippies happy for me too.:roseshwr:

Last edited:
All over the United States, this Saturday, people will be putting nonperishable food at their mailboxes for their letter carriers to pick up for donation to their local food banks.
It will be a crazy busy day for me!
Last year, my charity amassed over 11,000 pounds of food and I was able to supervise over 75 volunteers for a Long Long ten hour day, logged in 19,000 steps according to my fit bit...all with my one year old titanium hips! Also, it is historically a 90+ degree day!

Before BTHR, my life had stagnated to a "just get through the day" and "I'm so tired and weary of hurting"

I'm lucky to be able to do what I do and know that it truly helps those in need.
I am not exactly looking forward to Saturday as the weather is looking iffy, and rain complicates it all, not to mention I never know how much help will actually show up.:unsure:
Wish me luck.:fingersx:
But this year, my hips are not my concern! :egypdance:

Last edited:
Here's hoping the food and volunteers show up in great numbers, and the weather behaves as well! :loveshwr: Have you always lived in the South? (And do you EVER get acclimated to the humidity?) We have snow here today in Colorado----not just up in the mountains, but here along the Front Range where most of the population is. It seems like it is our 4th or 5th winter, with a couple days of spring mixed in between each snowstorm.....crazy. It's supposed to be nicer for our mail carriers by Saturday.

Rest up....I hope Saturday is an extraordinary success!

Last edited:
Thanks for the well wishes.
Debru, I have lived here for a good long stretch and I am one of those folks that thrive in the heat and humidity.
Of course, I like it better when I'm near the water...the day will be long, and hot and humid!
But it's like Christmas time for the food bank so all well worth it.
Just glad to do it without the horrid hip pain.

Just a grateful double hippy...but thanks @Hoppy Nanny
I will have to edit myself with the lifting so I'm hoping I have lots of young muscles.
You can be sure I will be toast on Sunday!:swoon:

The day went well...shorthanded and extremely hot weather....long day with many hiccups. Hips held up splendidly...my back not so much by last night...so today is to be a chilling out day.

Wishing all my hippy pals a great Sunday
rps20190512_053051.jpg

Oh well done... back pain from lifting ouch!!!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms over the pond...[emoji253]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can relate to the back pain----I find that is where I now have pain when I lift too much, or do too much sitting or bending.

My surgeon had warned me that some of the pain I had before my hip replacement could also be caused by my back, and that once I had recovered from my hip surgery I would have a better sense of that.

I am so happy to report that while my hip pain had been excruciating and debilitating every day, all the time, that no longer is the case. When I overdo, my back hurts----which is pretty typical for lots of people. And then I take acetaminophen, rest, and ice, and I'm ready to roll again. Totally different from the hip pain!!!

I'm glad this big food drive is behind you, and hopefully your "chilling out Mother's Day" did the trick!:loveshwr:

Oh my stars...such a great but hard day on Saturday, but I made it!:dubious:
Glad it is only once per year! Don't have firm numbers but I believe the food bank will be in good shape for all the donations received.
Family gathering at sisters brought everyone together for a great BBQ and my son and daughter both brought heartfelt cards.
My son's biggest gift to me was when everyone had shuffled off inside or different directions due to an unexpected thunderstorm, he sat on the porch with me and played some of my favorite songs on acoustic guitar. It IS the little things that make life sweet.
Could've used another day off...but back at it today!
Hips are good..
Back a little off...spirits high...
Keep the faith hippys..
:)

That’s so good... lots of people will benefit from all your back breaking work... and so glad to hear your family looked after you... I can just imagine your music session with your son uplifted you more than anything else could. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out the oldest living US President following his hip replacement!:dancy:
President Jimmy Carter, age 94, gets out of hospital today after hip replacement Monday.
He reckons he'll teach Sunday School this weekend!:wowspring:

http://time.com/5590663/jimmy-carter-sunday-school/

I live in Georgia.
Think I should call and tell him he should take it slow...that Bonesmarties think he should give it more than a week before he attempts to resume his normal activities?:snork:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom