Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Yummy. You’re right @mojo I hadn’t noticed the drink in the float picture. Perfect way to wind down.
 
Day 8 post op. New recovery discovery!!! Maybe just my experience...but 1st days hell until meds figured out...days 4- 6 better hopeful, pain so much less, overdid it some. Days 7 &8...swelling down, numbness dissipating, and now I feel ALL of my leg muscles and tendons again! Oh my stars!!!! Feels like I was strung up by my arms and my legs used for punching bags. Tender to the touch... Massage... Gentle gentle massage does help but with feeling back, extreme pain easing and excessive soreness increasing. Harder to move. Might be a good thing for newbies to be aware of? Anyone had that sensation a week out?
This is how I was feeling a week out, lest anyone, including myself, thinks that I breezed through recovery.
It has been a year and I love that I have this diary of how things improved.
Hang in there newly recovering hippys.
Does get better!:chuckmarch:
 
Pretty incredible when you actually stop and think about it @Mojo333 . I remember those early days and although no major issues, it isn’t exactly a walk in the park either. You persevered though and now look at the result!! One amazing bionic lady :dancy:

Some new BS members could really benefit by going back and reading the early posts of others to see just what you might expect. Many of us like Mojo, @Layla , @Gretel , @MyAussieGirl and many others (too many to mention) posted like we were writing in a journal, even on days when not much was going on. Many on BS post because they have issues and that is great, too, but some don’t post because they may feel they don’t have big problems to write about. Everyone should feel free to write about their experience because it points out how different all recoveries are. They are even very different in the same person. Your second THR may be just the opposite from the first. No matter what kind of a recovery you are having, the support, understanding and encouragement of other BS members who truly do understand, is priceless. :yes!:
 
Pretty incredible when you actually stop and think about it @Mojo333 . I remember those early days and although no major issues, it isn’t exactly a walk in the park either. You persevered though and now look at the result!! One amazing bionic lady :dancy:

Some new BS members could really benefit by going back and reading the early posts of others to see just what you might expect. Many of us like Mojo, @Layla , @Gretel , @MyAussieGirl and many others (too many to mention) posted like we were writing in a journal, even on days when not much was going on. Many on BS post because they have issues and that is great, too, but some don’t post because they may feel they don’t have big problems to write about. Everyone should feel free to write about their experience because it points out how different all recoveries are. They are even very different in the same person. Your second THR may be just the opposite from the first. No matter what kind of a recovery you are having, the support, understanding and encouragement of other BS members who truly do understand, is priceless. :yes!:

Exactly what I was trying to say...and quoted it as that's what I wanted to portray.
I often feel like some may think...what a Pollyanna! She just had a walk in the park...
We all DO have different recoveries...some easier, some harder...but honesty will serve the forum and members well.
Hugs to you, GrannyC.
You really were not much of a whiner..like I was:boohoo:
 
You were NOT a whiner, @mojo! You just were very honest about how you felt. I only had one hip done and was blessed to have a good recovery so not so much to write about. Bilateral are a whole different thing really and you stuck with it and never gave up!
 
Hope you check up went well i am 5 months out and have felt the emotions and feeling you have described along my journey. You advise has been very helpful and I thank you for it. Hope your dad is recovering. Best of everything to you and your family.
 
Whirlwind week...follow up appointment for Dad turned into an unplanned next day heart ablation procedure...requiring stress too get job covered, trip to Savannah, ALL day at hospital that I lived in when my son was recovering from accident..I think I have PTSD from that place!
Got to say, my hips have held up well save a slight but of groin pain on one side as there is quite a long set of steps I used several times (like 10) to go in and out of hospital while I waited.
Hate waiting rooms too!
One more day, and a long weekend ahead so all should get rehabilitated !
Hope my U.S. hippies stay safe this Memorial Day...traffic was already getting super nuts on interstate hwy and DH has gone to spring Dad from hospital...he's only called three times this morning :nah:
 
Happy Friday! @Mojo333
Hahaha! Your dad has only called three times. It's a good sign! He wants out :tantrum:
Hope you, hubs and dad all enjoyed some well needed rest last night. Sometimes it's hard to come down from those events though...and shut everything off.
I can imagine spending time at a hospital that assisted your son at such an emotional time would bring back unpleasant memories. Hope you have something relaxing planned for the weekend. Whatever you do STAY SAFE. A well deserved reprieve from hospitals is in order.
Hugs :friends:
 
@Gretel
I bet you are all tanned up and relaxed after your enviable trip!
Those hips will get better and better...we will work on getting our backs sorted and your eyes:dubious:
And then we will be golden.
Hugs back at you.
Bilaterals rock!:chuckmarch:
 
Last edited:
YAYYYYY Dad and one awesome daughter. I sure hope you take some Me time this holiday weekend...be safe and take care of yourself too :flwrysmile:
 
I'm hoping for a peaceful uneventful weekend for you and your family! You've had enough trials, tribulations and fireworks lately. Enjoy some time with your dad and try to get a little fishing in!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

Remembering the cost of Freedom.

All US hippies be safe this Memorial Day!
 
Hi Wildman @dougie0216
Steamy hot and rainy here for past weeks.
Hips all good...back to running around like a chicken with my head cut off at Food Bank and dealing with Dad's failing health.
He is not going gently into old age ...I imagine when you are over 80 you will be equally as defiant...
Hope you have a Good Weekend, as I plan on finding some outdoors to revive my spirit!
Stay hydrated.
 
@Mojo333 Defiant! Moi?!? I'm hurt:boohoo:

Sounds like you have ur life back.

I went thru that with my dad a couple of years back. He wasn't defiant, just stubborn. He came out of an induced coma and wondered why we were all there, like it wasn't any big deal. Um dad, we are here cause the doctor told us to get down here now! He yanked his feeding tube out at one point. It was in his abdomen!
He had something happen to his brain one night when I stayed with him at the hospital. He thought I was his boss, lol!
Overall, he was in denial of the gravity of the situation.
I'm sorry you have to go through that, but on the bright side, it means we outlived our parents.
 
Corn or bananas anyone?
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

We got hundreds of pounds of each...and the Grateful Double Hippy hopped right on the trailer to get it offloaded before it all languished in the hot sun.
Another normal day, that had become impossible to deal with one year ago.
Keep the faith!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom