Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Good morning @Mojo333. See you are here with your coffee checking on everyone. Just catching up on things myself.

I admire your food bank work. Looking forward to my second month back at ours this week. While nothing near size of yours, it is work. It is a wonderful feeling at end of night to have my hips keep up and see the gratitude of people for what we give them. Well worth a bit of soreness.

I have been through taking care of my mom when her health started failing-that was when my hips started going.

Hope you have a restful weekend. I’m going to get my walk in this am before it gets hot and steamy here.
 
It truly is rewarding to be able to provide resources to those with food insecurity issues.
Especially with the amount of food being thrown out in bulk daily in this country.
Kudos for you for helping in your area.
It is truly a labor of love but I don't mind saying...I am happy to have the weekend to revive my enthusiasm for the work!
Too late for beating the steam here this morning.
Already thick out there!:groan:

My father is doing much better physically which means he is back to pushing the limits of what he should be doing. I have given up trying to advise or deter him...it is futile and only serves to annoy both of us.:blackcloud:

Have a good weekend!
 
A salute to all recovering hippy Fathers and to all those sharing Father's Day today with their Fathers.
Also thinking of those who are missing their Fathers today, as are my children.
Luckily, I still have my 80 year old father, although he still makes me crazy on a regular basis.
 
Last edited:
Glad your dad's doing better after all he was going through a rough patch not long back.
Hope you are keeping well.
When I read about your work I often have a little smile thinking about how your op has helped not only you, but all the people and families who benefit from you being able to carry on your work at the food bank. Inspiring stories for anyone setting out on this journey.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

Hope all my US hippies have a great safe holiday.
Red, white, and blue pancake stacks at sister's this morning...great racks of ribs for later!
Last year on the fourth, I was still wondering if I would ever be through with recovery...still using my cane and forbidden to participate in my role of Co-Pyro, among with BIL for lighting of fireworks. (Couldn't run:heehee:)
This year, I slept all night last night...still wasn't happening last year...feel happy, grateful, and alive.
Glad to be free of daily pain...grateful to live in a free country.
So much negative things We Could focus on..really want to concentrate on Gratitude and being positive!
Hope All my Hippy Pals can do the same today...wherever they are in recovery.
 
:goodpost: Love that...
Hope your day is wonderful! Stay safe, Co, pyro!
 
Aww, very sweet and cute, you two!
God Bless America!
Keep those two new hips safe today.
 
Hi recovering hippys.
I have seen alot of members discussing pain and inflammation medication, and I have always attributed NSAIDS to be the best for alleviating these issues Pre and Post op.
Honestly, before my surgery nothing helped so thank goodness I stopped all medication.
There are still many that insist they must take their Aleve, Ibuprofen, etc.
Josephine told me early on in my recovery Tylenol was a better choice.
I am constantly reading confirmations through research that NSAIDS are not a good choice for recovering hip patients.

FYI - an excerpt:

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0300060517732697
Postoperative drugs
Painkillers are frequently used by patients with hip osteoarthritis. In our experience, most of these drugs are represented by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs are the least safe of painkillers in terms of osseointegration. NSAIDs impair the osseointegration process of titanium implants by inhibiting cyclooxygenase-2. This results in decreased levels of prostaglandins, which are important in promoting inflammation and supply of bone-formation cells. Therefore, we suggest choosing acetaminophen (paracetamol) for mild to moderate pain and opioids for severe pain in patients following total hip replacement.
 
I wonder if meloxicam and celebrex have the same issue on osteointegration as aleve and motrin. Since they are Cox 2 inhibitors and work a different way. My surgeon gives celebrex to all his patients to take after surgery.

On a second note, my cardiologist says all NSAIDS other than Tylenol can have bad impacts for the heart - Cox 2 inhibitors as well as motrin, aleve etc. He doesn't like some patients on anything other than Tylenol and doesn't want other patients on the other meds long term.
 
I'm not sure but I've found tons on this subject for prosthetic implants and bone growth even including dental implants.
Not any kind of expert...but it's enough to cause me pause...especially during early days:shrug:
 
Not a great user of pain killers- preferred heat, cold and moving about or moving position to try to get relief. Codeine made me feel sick and dizzy post op, - used paracetamol most and still do on the odd occasion I get a niggle now - that and the odd occasion ibuprofen. That's only when I know I've overdone it and other body parts are aching too- back, other hip and knee.
Love the pictures @Mojo333 !
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Wishing you a year full of peace, happiness and love.
Hope you have a wonderful day!

 
Very happy birthday to you! Have fun but don't do anything I wouldn't do (that gives you a pretty large selection of things to do to get you in trouble while having fun). Give little Mojo a good belly rub and ear scratch for me. :roseshwr::loveshwr::flwrysmile::happydance::dancy:
 
Keep up the good work!
Have a great weekend- as much ME time as you need then - anything goes!
 
Thanks @gillycat11 .
It's been very very hot here so that only means donations have to get off the trucks quicker...and I think I move quicker than the young folk I have volunteering so I've been doing so much more.:)
Or maybe I'm just so happy I can actually be a hands on helper again instead of just a supervisor.
That gives me credibility when I fuss at my lazy court ordered folk.:nah:
Trying not to overdo...that IS still possible I have discovered!

Hope all is going well with you!:happydance:
 
As I post, I am riding in the dark, approximately 90 minute journey, to the coast...to the sea to the sea!!:yes!:
Will be fishing for sea bass (or whatever will get on my hook)
And breathing in fresh salt air and breathing in all the smells and beauty of the marshes and ocean.
Last year at this time...I was slightly over 3 months into recovery. Already back to work, but still cautiously "feeling out"my new hips, fighting exhaustion, still had thigh tenderness and some numbness...worrying if all would really be WELL!:unsure:
I have been cautious about the fishing trips even up until now as
The 18" Seapro can be a rough ride on 2-3 foot seas.
But today I'm on my way!:happydance:
Going to watch the sun rise on the water, going to catch a Big Fish (or not:shrug:) and going to shout my gratitude to the sun and the waves!
It has been a long journey at times....but well worth it.
Those two indented scars on the front of my legs don't bother me at all...if someone looks at them from the side...they look like smiles! :yes:
 
Last edited:
Stay safe and don't let the big one get away.
No fish stories either :bigfish:We need visual proof, lol.
Hope you enjoy your well deserved day off!
@Mojo333
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

The only thing I caught was this cute bonnet head shark!
And a sunburn!:SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom