Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Thanks all .:loveshwr:

Doctor reports all is great!
Xrays show all is perfect. No spaces around acetebular cup to indicate loosening...rounded bone growth around top of femer adhering to stem...just what he likes to see, he said. He took separate xrays of each side and then pulled them together on computer to measure symmetry.
Everything lined up perfectly between the two, so I'm good to go!:egypdance:
I thanked him again, AND he said he does a handful of bilaterals per year but I was a great candidate for him and he was just as pleased as I for the outcome.
I am not scheduled to go back unless problem comes up. He said might be some wear on the liner in 25 or 30 years if I stay active.
Amazing surgery...amazing life ahead with any luck.:SUNsmile:
 
Dad was transferred to Savannah hospital that is more equipped with heart interventionists and we are hoping that can figure something out.
I was blessed? with a donation of 5000 lbs of sugar from a company that had a problem offloading to original company.
Yes, 5000 lbs...100 fifty lb bags.
Needless to say, it was a spur of the moment donation, and we don't have a forklift so I had to scramble to find strong bodies to keep my new hips and back from dealing with that!
 
Wonderful news on your one year visit! It sounds as though it couldn't have been better. :yes!:
Now for dad :sad:.....I'm sorry he continues to struggle. Prayers they figure this out and get him stabilized.
Poor daddy, poor Mojo.....I'm so sorry, this has to be difficult.
Love and hugs to you :loveshwr::console2:
@Mojo333
 
Congrats on the one year check up! So wonderful to be grateful for our health isn’t it?!!!! Sorry your dad is having a trying time.
 
Great report Mojo!!! Glad you called in help for the sugar but sorry your dad is continuing to struggle with his issues. Hopefully he is at a better facility now where they can find the answer! Hang in there!
 
Fabulous news about one year review. Here's to many trouble free hip years!
Sorry you're still having worries about your dad and his health problems.
Great donation for the food bank- but such mixed blessings? Sounds an awful lot of sugar to distribute or offload?
Good luck with it!
Sounds as good as a work out!
 
Went to the hospital straight after work..with traffic two hour drive!
The hospital is massive and wouldn't you know he is on top floor but you can't get there from bottom as hospital has been added on to many times. :skep:

Get on elevator..walk half mile on third floor to other elevator, walk mile to room...of course he's on the end! Doctor not telling him what he wants to hear so he's mad as a hornet...leave at 10...doors locked...walk miles to ER exit in back and go miles ALL the way around hospital to handy spot parked near front door.:censored:
Drive 2 hours home..so everything can tighten up where I can't get out of truck.
Okay whine over.

Would NEVER have made it last year...silver lining?? :umm:
 
Tell dad...Thanks, but no thanks, not the way you want to get your steps in for the day.

I'm so sorry this is going on.
I hope they figure something out soon so your dear old dad can get out of there and go home.
Especially difficult with the hospital so far away. Poor guy, poor Mojo. :sad:
Prayers for your dad and family.
@Mojo333
 
What a LONG day! This is not the ideal way to get your exercise although it is probably better than moving 5,000 lbs of sugar :heehee: I’d imagine the only thing your dad wants to hear st this point is that he can go home but he is in the right place where they can figure out what is going on. I’m sure it all reminds you how very blessed you are to have those two new hips!! :yes!:
 
I agree that it's not how you want to get your steps - sometimes you wonder what they were thinking when they added on. Do they think about the fact that many of the patients are elderly and so it's likely that many of the family and friends visiting will be elderly? Thank goodness you have 2 new hips (but not too new) and can handle the walking! Sorry your dad is so far from home but I hope they can get the afib under control soon. Please remember that part of your dad's cantankerous attitude may be fear. I saw that with my father.

Hugs to both of you! Have you ever told him what a large fan club he has cheering him on?:console2:
 
Oh @Mojo333 your poor dad. Luckily there is a facility that should be able to help get things under control. :prayer: All of the walking and driving is so hard on the body--add to that all of the sugar and you are getting your workouts in without even trying. So excited for you that your hips are doing so well!! :yahoo:
 
@Mojo333 wonderful to hear things are going so well for you, it makes me so happy. So sorry about your dad, but take care and enjoy life. Such a wonderful idea about the sugar, kind girl.hugsxx
 
Probably not your preferred method for achieving step count!:hiking:
You'd hardly believe that there has been ANY planning in most big hospitals. They certainly not good for anyone with mobility issues. I found out the hard way when trying to take my mum for appointments.
Glad your hips are standing up to it! No pun intended.:snork: :loveshwr:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

My doctor preparing for surgery...he's the short perfect OS on the left, not the one with the creepy smile on the right.

My hero!
 
Okay..
Biggest test of Hip Replacement Success on Saturday.:dubious:
National Letter Carriers Association Annual Food Drive with over 10,000 lbs of food to be dropped off to food bank with yours truly at the helm.

Begin at 7 am , ETA dark thirty.
Hopefully 50+ volunteers and that I have the stamina to get it all done.
Also - first day over 90F.:SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
I can't believe I cried last year because I wasn't able to be there last year as I was two weeks out from bilateral hip replacement.:what:

I will do all I can not to overdo and hope that the food bank is restocked for all the needy people in or community.

Slightly anxious, but hope I am up to it!:dancy:
 
Last edited:
God bless you for what you do, Mojo.
I have every confidence you'll pull it off without a hitch, my friend.
I'm sure you'll have moments of stress but you'll get through it.
You'll be wiped out, but it will be a satisfying exhaustion.
I'll be thinking of you and sending up a prayer that it's a great success.
Hugs :friends:
@Mojo333

Love the thread title change :ok:
 
Thanks Layla.
Don't know why it's stressing me this time.
I usually have enough more confidence than sense.
Think all the dad stress lady week has me worn down.
Plus out of town guests here for four days ..DH brother and SIL.
Good news...there aren't staying with us!
Thanks for the cheer...
Hope your day is sweet:loveshwr:
 
I love the new thread name, too!

It's easy to understand your nerves about this weekend. Hip replacements or not, it would be easy for anyone to overdo it Saturday (even non-hippies overdo things sometimes) and this is your first time since the THRs. Every "first" can cause anxiety until you do it. Just remember that you're management, not labor! :heehee: (Yeah, I know, sometimes you have to be both). If you could handle it before the surgery, you can handle it even better now! I have faith in you and your abilities - including the ability to decide when you need to step back and take a break or let someone else do the heaving lifting.

BTW - doesn't "out of town guests" mean 2 more "volunteers" to assist? Is it too late to contact the local boy scout troop, Lion's, Rotary, Optimists, etc. to request they do a service day to help out?
 
Contacted every service organization I could think of...great minds think alike.
Only if the pledges turn into reality, SaraK
I'll be fine...I did this two years ago in terrible pain.
And yes, it is bad on a "normal" person.
I'm set...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom