Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

I haven't posted much lately but I've been following your thread and thinking of you during and after Irma. I'm glad you weathered the storm and hopefully this weekend will be one of lots of relaxing! You certainly deserve it! Take care and give those hips a rest!!
 
Almost five months post op. Yesterday our food bank gave out 400 boxes if food and I had to organize distribution and supervise approximately 60 volunteers.
I began my day at 6 am at the old elementary school campus that houses our food bank, and left at 5. I walked a million miles and could never find the time to rest. Not advised obviously even at 5 months out.
My legs are sore , I'm exhausted...which would be the case for anyone minus bilateral THR.
My hips do not hurt one bit. I am not limping.
I would NOT have been able to do any of this 6 months ago...the fact I can actually get a full nights sleep before and after such craziness has been a godsend.

How did I get here?

Talented surgeon!

Willingness to forego recommended PT and take it slow as per advice on this forum.

Reminding myself that the first months of nerve pain, numbness, and different aches and issues are very likely temporary situations that require patience.

Emotional support from fellow bonesmart participants.

Acceptance that long term healing is still ongoing and taking a break after over-activity instead of assuming that because I was able to do so well, I'm good to go.

Long post, but take note my fellow hippies. My surgery, as of five months, is a phenomenal success.
:yes!:
 
Hi @Mojo333
Five months.....wow.....time sure flies when you're having fun!
I know it hasn't ALL been fun but it's sounds as though you were blessed with a decent recovery.
Hearing all you accomplished yesterday and not feeling much worse for wear is incredible!
What you do is admirable. Reflecting back on where you were, as compared to now is a blessing I
know you realize and are thankful for.
Wishing you a great week!
 
5 months and YOU'RE the success ...you listened to your inner voice and pushed then rested. Heeded info on here you did good as did your whole medical team...and yes your bone buds but mostly YOU :console2:
 
I am very grateful and mindful of how much better my health and mental well-being has improved since bilateral THR.
Especially when I have a groin ache, or sore thighs, or just generally fatigued.
It continues to get better every day and these are aggravating minor issues in comparison to the OA pain I had lived with.
Thanks for the kudos...but most belong to our modern medical advances and the good Lord.
Today is going to be a good day.
 
Hope all are doing well. I'm :gaah:
Up at hospital with 21 daughter...suspecting appendicitis.
Couldn't confirm with CT so another ordered with contrast. Will be long night as it is after midnight and we have been here 6 hours so far. Hips hanging in there, legs and behind giving me fits along with pacing and worrying. Watching my baby girl hurting hurts me worse than my legs do right now.
Praying will get answers soon.
 
Oh no I hope she's feeling better soon and you! It's hard seeing your kids in pain. Watching my daughter give birth was harder than doing it myself!
 
Aww, @Mojo333
I'm sorry for you as her mom helplessly watching. Sorry for her pain.
Since it's morning now...suspecting you have answers, hopefully it's not serious and she's resting comfortably.
Prayers she's okay.....
 
Thanks for the comforting.
Just knew it was appendix. As most pain on right side and she was crying out in extreme pain.
Ruptured ovarian cyst...as it turns out.
Lots of antibiotics, pain meds and nausea medicine as she doesn't tolerate meds well. Brought her home with me at 4 this morning. Much better already. I have ten more gray hairs and sore rear still from ER room chair.
All well be well...don't know why can't about seemingly so suddenly. Fine at ten am, acting like she wasdying at 1 pm.
Crisis averted..
:xmark:. NEXT!
 
Hi @Mojo333
I've experienced that twice in my life and it was very painful!
Both times in my early 40's. The first was really scary because I had no idea what was going on. It came on instantaneously and was a shocking, burning, searing pain. I went into my OB/Gyn who did an ultra sound and diagnosed it. I don't know what he saw after the fact? It happened to me during the night causing me to bolt out of bed. I showed up at his office first thing in the a.m. without an appt. I don't recall taking any pain reliever and I know he didn't put me on an anti-biotic....so that's interesting. The second and last time it ever happened I knew right away what it was and just rode it out. Happened late at night that time and I just layed in bed, miserable, finally fell asleep and by morning the pain was gone. It was definitely very painful and scary.
Hope all is well now and that you've both caught up on your rest....sanity restored lol!
 
Don't you think that would be when it ruptured? UGH how awful-- those antibx are nasty to your system. I'm glad she's home now and that that she got good care immediately. I've just been through a similar thing with my DIL, and my son and her mother were wrecks!
And your poor rear!!!! I hope it and your legs can calm down now also...
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom