Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

@Mojo333 I caught the hips being champs! The rest of you is yet merely human, and so will fail if you don't cut it some slack, which I do know is impossible right about now with everything going on at the food bank. Urgh no kids to lift for you, that's murder! Those tie rods love you, and will be nice, I'm sure, but I agree with you on no torquing them just yet. After the Christmas rush maybe. Ok maybe in time for the Christmas rush...cos the kids will all have gone home then, won't they. You'll be 7 months then, I'd think you'd be fine. It's your nerves, literal and figurative, that I'm concerned for! Is somebody doing for you at home? That would be awfully nice! Little Real Mojo, can he (she?) do laundry? :heehee::rotfl: Ain't nobody happy if momma ain't happy!

There was brandy? How did I miss that?!?
 
So now Irma is coming right to me. Thinking of all my Florida folks...hopefully they are all out or sheltered in. I'm about 53 miles from Savannah inland ...and the only good thing is if it stays over land it should downgrade. We have many things in place for emergency food and supplies all local law emergency with food (snacks) for long shifts along with emergency boxes to distribute should they run into any hardship cases on the road. We are also inundated with evacuees from Florida.
I'm so beat down.
@zauberflöte My better half does EVERYTHING at home right now. Cooking, dishes, shopping, laundry...he is retired and almost 20 years my senior. We have been together 18 years and he truly is a saint!!!! Little Mojo is just a sweet little pain in the patookie and hates hates bad weather. He will be my shadow for the next few days.
Power outages will be the worst part here (and tornados) but weather is cooling...80s for high - low 60s at night...so camping we will be. I got an extra candle and some water. Big time preparations.
Sorry tired but glad I am able to do.
Stay safe my Florida pals
 
@GrannyC, there are those who will always take advantage of free ANYTHING. We run our emergency food bank with a referral system through appropriate agencies and try to be good stewards of the donations we are given...
Of course this will not be the case if we give our food after storm but I do the best I can and let the good Lord sort them out.
@Lerwick8 Hope your swelling subsiding. Haven't checked your thread...but thanks for thinking of me. I'm not worried, been too busy!
 
Hi Mojo, sounds like you have had quite a week, you stay safe now I'm hoping the hurricane veers a little bit inland and stays away from you, very scary stuff! Take care of yourself my bilateral friend!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Still mega worried about you though glad hubby is treating you like a princess I hate this storm bearing down on you and your butt and leg pain. A tip get...have hubby dig up some lawn put it a plastic pool or shallow tub... don't let little mojo out to potty in the storm.... Mojo will have grass to potty ... I worked in rescue I know lots of odd ****
 
Last edited:
@MyAussieGirl you're precious!
@Mojo333 seems to be taking it all in stride. She's gonna rest those hips while her better half serves her a Coronarita and dinner by the light of her candle.....he's even going to clean up!
He may even steal your Saint's title!!! How you like them apples?
 
All hatches battened down. Thanks for the tip. Mojo hates bad weather.
Been at food bank all day, providing emergency supplies for unofficial emergency shelters mostly churches and am sorry tired. I believe I could sleep through the hurricane. Expected here tomorrow night 8 pm EASTERN. Prayers for Florida...it will weaken to CAT 1 before it gets to me maybe.
Come on Irma..I ain't scared.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Grateful Double Hippy

Here we go
 
@Mojo333 hope all is well, and your velcro dog has weathered it fine. And you hubby sounds wonderful-- so glad he can cook! And that you are so happy with him too :)
 
@zauberflöte ...my town has some power outages and trees down but nothing like so many other places, even here in Georgia. Took two trucks of cleaning supplies , ready to eat food, 560 flashlights, batteries, etc to Brunswick which has most power outages in our state.
In the ODIC for sure, not sure would have fared any better if new hips weren't the issue.
Some major logistic issues and miscommunications made this week harder than it needed to be. I'm on the ground every day and do my job very well, and it perturbs me when those who don't DO, want to make the decisions.
Dig my heels in a few times with higher ups, they didn't fire me so light bill and monthly medical bills still coming in will be paid.
It's all just life, and my legs are kicked up in the recliner aggravating me. All will be back to normal by next week I pray and considering what so many are dealing with - Irma and Harvey aftermath, post surgery pain like MAG and others, I am doing fine.
Glad I have my bonesmart pals to encourage, and be encouraged by.
Hope all is well with you.

"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."
Stephan Grellet 1773-1855
 
@Mojo333 that is the way of boards the world round, I expect. Ugh.

I know you will have a smile in your heart as you serve, and I want your legs to be smiling too-- this stuff had mostly gone away, I'd hoped! Maybe just a few more days and you can get back to "normal crazy", or even take off early one day! :console2:
 
Hope you're able to get the rest you need / deserve this weekend @Mojo333
I'll bet chillin on a floatie on your sister's pond with a cold beverage in hand
sounds like Heaven about now......
Wishing you a perfect weekend doing only what you like, catering to no one.
Hang a "CLOSED FOR BIZ" sign around your neck...lol!
 
Thanks for the week wishes. Relieved to hear MAG all out of surgery.
Stick a big old fork in me, I'm done.
Will re-energize this weekend as large mobile food pantry I planned is next weekend. Hope to serve 400.
Hope every one of you have the BEST WEEKEND.
Tomorrow will be a good day.:swim:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom