Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

Thank you @Gone again. Same, I have facebook page I never get in, used it to stalk my daughter in high school as she was only allowed to have one if I had access. She just turned 21 and I don't even want to see hers. Plus, I think she converted to snapchat at 17 and only posts mommy approved stuff in her facebook...rarely.
She thinks she's being slick but she's pretty much a great girl and I'm becoming an old fashioned curmudgeon.
Hope you are doing well!!!
 
Last edited:
@Mojo333 @Gone again @dougie0216
Hello All hope you are all well. I just completed my first week back at work and it went well. Got in a power nap each day for about 20 minutes or so and walked around the facility frequently when I was starting to feel uncomfortable sitting. Question. I mentioned previous post that I completed therapy. Using the Airdyne bike really helped my strength and flexibility. I don't have an upright type exercise bike at home but do have a recumbent type bike. The motion is different on the recumbent bike and the PT said maybe not good for recovering THR. @Gone again I read in one of your posts you used the recumbent type bike. Your input would be appreciated!
 
Hey @birder . Hope all is well with you. Not very educated about bikes...pretty sure I used a recumbent bike to warm up, zero tension before PT , but was 7 minutes and no tension.
Maybe someone else has thoughts, not sure if addressed in PT on this site?
In still catching up on the mounds of info available here myself.
 
@birder I have a recumbent bike at home and use it periodically. Unfortunately I don't get on it as much as I should. I'm retired and you'd think I would have lots of time on my hands but I never seem to. Between house work (and my house is definitely not spotless to say the least), cooking meals, working in the garden and keeping up with the little home business I have which involves sewing, I seem to always be busy. However, I have used the bike and it is no problem for me at all. In fact I like the recumbent because the seat has a back. I did ask earlier about using the bike in place of walking and was told each uses different muscles so the bike really wasn't a substitute for walking during early hip recovery. If you are back at work already, it sounds like you are doing great which is wonderful. Isn't it fantastic to be pain free again??
 
@GrannyC Hello! Thanks for your reply. I'm doing well for about 12 weeks but still need to keep working on the weak quad surgical leg. I am using a cane at work for walking around the hospital where I work for stability and also walking in and out of the building. I'm not using it much at home. That's great that you have a sewing business. I'm looking at retirement in about 2 years but will continue to work part time. I'm so thankful surgery went well and I'm not limping around any more! Hope all is well with you too!
 
@Mojo333 hope you are able to relax and enjoy your nature time, it replenishes a busy soul :)

I did ask earlier about using the bike in place of walking and was told each uses different muscles so the bike really wasn't a substitute for walking during early hip recovery.

Granny, it's funny that never occurred to me but you're right. My hips still prefer walking although mentally I love cycling, guess it's about balance :)
 
Last edited:
@Mojo333 I don't do facebook, but I tweet and retweet incessantly. I actually have two twitters, one personal and one professional.
My spouse is the Facebook department.

All the walking and exercises did not duplicate riding a bicycle uphill. My quads were talking to me this morning. They might still be murmuring...
 
Jodi @Mojo333 I will always think of you as Mojo, even if your name were Maybelline Louise, cos you have such tremendous mojo!!!

I'm hoping you're finding your nature, and the weather is good after all that rain (don't know f you got it?), and you will cook out maybe this evening "burger and brewski" as we jokingly call any product of the grill.

Your hip story is so inspiring to all of us, and I am so happy for you that you got your life and your self back. Wonderful!
 
So...having a rough week. People are lining up for food as local food stamp office has pulled an upgrade on their systems and everyone has interruptions.
We work closely with emergency management services and have been staging resources. All student help is gone as classes are cancelled due to hurricane through Tuesday and I am finally in my recliner after late meeting trying to decide if I need a pain pill as nerves in legs are agitated and aggravated. Hips holding up like champs. Piraformis is acting up to so I keep looking to see if I'm sitting on something besides my behind.
I hope the storm knocks the power out for a few days so I can catch a break.
We will hopefully just get bad winds, downed trees, but I feel safe. Naive maybe, but not worried. I actually love a storm. Not happy about it for all affected in Houston and Florida will definitely catch it. Pray all will be safe.
Hope all my hippies are good as may not have as much time to see about all my buds.
:holysheep: what a week!!!!
 
Thanks birder. I'm sure it will be a good day. Hope you are doing well.
Hoping Morpheus will help me find a reset button.
People are definitely getting a little frantic around here and I'm getting more lackadaisical about the whole situation.
I'm sure it's exhaustion.
Hope you are relaxing and sleeping well.
Thanks for the cheers!!!:friends:
 
It must get chaotic @Mojo333
I'm watching coverage right now and it looks scary to me not being familiar with these types of weather events.
We have tornadoes in the Upper-Midwest and while they can cause devastation and loss of life people
don't board up, shut down, go into panic mode, buy out water and food or evacuate.

I can only imagine what the food bank must experience pre hurricane. I'm sure the stress and long hours are going to affect your hips. They're still healing and what do they say.....when we're stressed it normally hits / affects a weak area of our body. Maybe you need a little shot of the Brandy you found. Lol!

I get that feeling in my rear on my surgical side too. Feels like I'm sitting on a deflated tennis ball. I'll jiggle around, trying to adjust etc. it happens sometimes if I'm driving for a length of time. I'm still not ready for, or crazy about, long car rides.

Stay safe get some rest and hopefully tomorrow will be brighter.
 
Did some of the recommended piraformis stretches. Really does help although don't like twisting hips like that, even at 4 mos. Reading some of the more unfortunate complications some have suffered on this forum is making me a tad paranoid.
Trying hard to lift heavy things properly, turn and release as opposed to natural movement of swinging to side. Unloading 50 boxes that way feels awkward and time consuming...but trying to remember.
Don't want to stress those tie rods in my femur. Ball joints slick as can be. Don't feel anything. Thighs on the other hand....:sad:
 
Thinking about you this week @Mojo333. I'm sure you are VERY glad it is finally Friday. I know some of coastal GA is being told to evacuate but since you are inland, I'd think you'd be fine. The food bank must be so much work. It has to be very rewarding at times and then other times - like when you said no one wanted the healthier bread - it has to be very frustrating. If you are being given some bread for free, be thankful and not so fussy folks! It might not be their favorite but it is food for goodness sakes!!

I know you try your best not to overdo and that is good. You have been amazing and an inspiration to so many of us. This storm too shall pass!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom