Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

How scary that must have been for everyone @Mojo333 but I'm glad to know all is well now. It's good you were able to bring her home. Hopefully after some much needed rest, some meds along with a bit of relaxing, she will feel much better. You actually need the same thing I think. At least you will have today off to recover yourself before heading back to work. Make it a very relaxing, restful day!!
 
Thanks so much for all kind words. I think the antibiotics were prescribed since reason for type of cyst has not been identified..ob/gyn appointment will shed light. And sister back in hospital on IV antibiotics for foot. Not to vent all problems, but to explain my absence on the site as I truly want to continue to support all as I was supported ..
Hey all my hippy friends...how much worse these events were and and would be if I was hunched over, hips crunching, long hospital hallways to walk.
Always a reminder how much better U an physically and emotionally and mentally without that OA pain.
Back to work today...hope all is well with each one of us today.
 
Happy to hear your daughter is better @Mojo333
Sorry to hear about your sister's continuing health issues.
Prayers she's treated successfully and released soon.
Take the time you need, it's family and they're top priority. We get it.
Hope your able to get the rest you need.
Hugs to you.
 
oh ugh your poor beleaguered sister. I hope it heals up very quickly so she can go home faster than last time. I agree with @Layla , please take care of "momma", that's you, missy! :console2:
 
@dougie0216 Yes, you're right. Family medical stuff but then you know how that can be. How is DIL, by the way..?
Gonna catch up on you and others threads as I haven't been on line much.
Hope you are doing well.
Terrible news about mass shooting in Vegas. Hope none on BS affected personally...prayers...terrible
 
@Mojo333 Sigh. I have an opinion, this isn't the venue.
DIL is home and has been for a couple of weeks. Her short term memory is not working very well. She has someone that stays at the house with her while DS is at work. She also has some imagined memories. Some days she is convinced she injured herself in a fall. It's going to be a while if ever. Her family is close by, and they are a tight bunch. She is fortunate to have a devoted support group.
I have been away, too. I got my life back:yahoo:
 
Six months post op.
I have no hip pain!! Forgetting how terrible my pain was, how sleep was impossible, how much it changed me.
My health continues to get better.
Small issues remain mostly at the end of extra active days. Stamina not quite there, but then again I'm not twenty though most days I feel like I am.
Legs get agitated and restless at night, scar tissue pulls and one hip has some more prominent lumps in places that sting when leg stretches out. Behind hurts when sitting too long and intermittent groin pain. None of these issues are excessive or anywhere near the scale of first months out. Healing still progressing, I remind myself.
But all in all, am super happy.
Will return to surgeon in November. Guessing X-ray's to ensure all is still in place and good to go.
Healing wishes to all who are still getting there...
 
@Mojo333 Good to read your update. Mine would be similar although I only had one done just 4 days before you. I'm sorry your sister has continued to be plagued with health concerns. Hopefully the doctors can get a handle on it and lead her in a way to overcome these issues. Diabetes can be rough.

As @Layla said, be sure to take care of yourself first as you won't be any help to anyone if you have issues yourself. You sound like one very tough lady so I know you'll continue to do well and keep right on healing. Hopefully you can enjoy your weekend and get a bit of R&R for you! Take care...
 
Sounds like you're well on your way! @Mojo333
When you think of the assault our poor bodies were put through, 2 x as much for you,
low energy at times isn't surprising. In addition, you're holding down a job, maintaining a home
and relationship, involved with an ailing sister and experienced a scare with your daughter
earlier this week.....all energy drains. Hopefully you get some well deserved rest this weekend.
Congrats on the wonderful progress you've made!

Congrats to @labanan also on 6 months.
Labanan, we're due for some romantic account of a recent trek. Your stories
feel like the content of an adventure novel....always interesting. Continued healing to you!
 
Thanks everyone. Hubby and I picked up business donations with truck and trailer as father was unwell this morning and as it is after 1 pm, am now taking the rest of the day for myself. Will leave food bank and phone behind and float in the beautiful pond and fish for redbreast. It's 88 degrees...Me and canine Mojo need some country.
Til tonight.....:realing: :swim:
 
Sweetie your messages on my thread are always treasure you sometimes have a pretty way of wording things.

I am wondering how your sister is doing both physically and emotionally? I worry on her...hey we be family @Mojo333
 
@Mojo333 Congrats! 6 months postop. Isn't it something how our brain blocks out the memory of that terrible OA pain. My hip pain is gone but I too have the muscle and tendon issues at times and energy still not 100% but it's slowly getting better. So great you like to fish! I do too! Always went with my dad when I was a little girl. Haven't gone in quite a while though. Hope you caught some big ones!
 
Yes, big fisherman I am. I have a Zebco Spiderman pole I refuse to share with great nieces and nephews after they refuse to put up and ruined my first lucky pole. It is for a small child so my klutzy self can't hang it up or hurt spectators. The pond has huge large mouth bass that I leave to BIL and nephew, And besides those little bait stealers are the ones that take real expertise (and spidey-sense) to catch. And they are yummy!!!!
@zauberflöte Don't dig worms myself but thinking about starting a worm bed. BIL says you can "grunt" for worms using a stick and brick to vibrate worms to surface. I think a compost pile would be easier:unsure:
 
Last edited:
That IS exactly what I do, and I'm not even kidding.
How would you even know that?
There goes my Mojo the Mysterious moniker.
Am I that predictable ?

Anyway, it works pretty good.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom