Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

@dougie0216 Obviously haven't had much time to check on my friends...last week of volunteer deficits as university is back in full swing thank goodness. Been doing way too much, handling it fine...no hip pain! Just whipped completely out by end of day.
Plus everyone in my family have g major health issues. Diabetic sister trying to heal amputated toe...putting her in oxygen chamber daily at wound care starting next week. Stepmother in hospital...some low sodium episode due to a BP/water pill situation...Dad is recovering from knee surgery...geez!!!
Me, went for well check. All blood work perfect, BP, blood sugar, kidneys, I'm so darned healthy the only thing doc said was high Vitamin D levels so knock off any supplements. Think it's do to a C supplement which usually includes a D for absorption?
Heehee, sorry you asked?
Ready for your bike Dougie?
 
@Mojo333 Sounds like our new advisor is doing well. I like your advisor chair in the pool. That will be me this weekend on the Oregon coast.
 
So good to hear from you @Gone again .
I'm so jealous. My brother lives outside Seattle and vacation/camp in Oregon regularly. Never been to Oregon (or Seattle) to visit yet but my son went with them last year. Different type of beaches, but cool. My son brought me some BEAUTIFUL pebbles from the beach.
Hope you are doing well. How to catch up some this weekend as I haven't been able to read up on my BS buds lately.
(Does anyone think THAT is a strange acronym)
 
Kudo's on the labs @Mojo333
Please take some "ME" time this weekend so you can recharge. We can't be all things to all people.
I know you realize that....but it's sometimes easier said than done.
Wishing you a peaceful, relaxed weekend!
 
Yes, I am ready for my bike. Walking 3+mi tomorrow am. Weights and resistance bands Sunday. It will b a busy week at work: getting a fundraising campaign ready, assessment period deadline, none of the stuff you learn in college... We the unwilling, led by the unknowing..., working out may not be possible mon-thur so I have to get my money's worth this weekend.
Isn't it nice to be without pain?
 
Thanks @Layla. You are right.
Hope you've been doing well. How is that knee doing by the way? Haven't done alot of cruising on my favorite Bonesmart friends' threads.
Do see that you are there providing lots of wise words, and lots of kind encouragement. Grateful for you!
Hope you have a great weekend
 
Hi @Mojo333
I've been doing well but am still dealing with some knee swelling. It's minimal, but there.
My knee is still faintly bruised. I think it took a real beating during dislocation.
I checked in with my OS the other day and they said it can last three months. I'm 2 months
out tomorrow. I'm making an effort to walk outside more and was advised to use compression in the
form of an Ace bandage while I ice for an hour once or twice a day.

Thanks for the kind words, you've e set a stellar example!

Wishing you a relaxing weekend...
 
Sorry on family issues @Mojo333 I run very low sodium I'm oddly fine with it most of the time. Your sis worries me lots.

Too much D only you Missy most people run way low ...you....you scare me. I think God left you with good health to help the family....Still I'll leave you with a puppy :doggie:
 
Vitamin D level too high.
Have to chuckle, rarely hear that in these parts.....most of us need to supplement!
Wishing you a great week! @Mojo333
 
@Layla. Hope you're having a good day. Yeah, surprised me too...I do take a daily Vitamin and used to take extra C but only do that when I think about it.
Okay...I will say that it has been a super crazy week and I am chilling right now at my sisters about to grill scallops.
Eat your hearts out, yum. I do it rarely
 
MY HEART BREAKS for HOUSTON. My home for 6 years during the 80s immediately following Hurricane Alicia.
Hope all my old friends are safe. Hard to reach anyone.
 
Hi, @Mojo333
Yes Houston is quite a mess, up here we deal with snow and long winters but we have too many hills for water to pool like that, here's to hoping it gets better for everybody there real soon. Just thought I'd touch base and say hey personally I feel we have a connection with our bilateral surgeries. Can't wait to hear from Lerwick8, but she said she probably would not post till she got home. She reminds me of me all worried. I know this sick feeling. Anyway have a great rest of your day love the pics of you floating in the pond!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@gaulsuerou...thanks. I'm feeling for her too. It is a scary uncertain time.
You and me....we show how it can be done...with class. Yes, you voiced your fears a little more than I, but believe me I was in shock!!!
But you got your courage back, and we have shown it is a life changer. Will never regret.:loveshwr:
 
@hip hip hooray.
If you check your own thread you'll see that you are also a thread starter. It lets everyone know who each thread belongs to.
We'd love to hear how you are getting on.
Why not give us an update on your thread.
Joe.....
 
@PS46 Thanks for kind thoughts about Houston. Oh my stars, they have never had good drainage there and they have so many underpasses as Houston is very spread out for a metropolis
Very unlike New York City or Atlanta. But Texans are the hardiest of all Americans I believe (case in point, I was born there):)
Thread starter should appear under the 'owner ' of each thread so it will be easy for everyone to know who the thread 'belongs' to so you don't have to scroll all the way to the beginning to see. As Joe said, you are a thread starter on your thread.
:egypdance:
 
Today marks Four Months from Bilateral Hip Replacement.
Honestly, I cannot feel any prouder of myself ...and my surgeon for allowing me to not only regain my mobility but for planting seeds of inspiration that I have so much more to do, to contribute.
I have always been a strong happy optimistic person. Four months ago I was in chronic pain, sleep deprived, depressed, and uninspired.
Joint replacement surgery saved me.
Saved my health, saved my spirit.
Residuals...
Post op energy drain still present as I am back to work and life so I am very tired at the end of the day. But I can sleep!!!
My thighs have some slight numbness and some nerve pain, but it IS NOT that unbearable pain and mostly only noticeable when I am still at night. Tylenol can mostly tame most of my aches...amazing.
Perfect now? Maybe not perfection, but so so so good, I hate to even mention some of the post problems.
Never used social media or chat forums before, and found that this community of Bonesmart has been , and continues to be, one of the best things for my recovery.
Life is good!!!!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom