Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

It's working for ME...DAC
 
6 week anniversary for my new hips!
Can do most all things with no real troubles. Left leg still wants to ignore me every once in a while... For instance when I get in the car and want my foot to pick up and get in with me. My brain says come on and then when I leave down to get it, it goes..oh, who me? Ok.
Hip joint pain completely gone...a miracle to me. Gone! Thigh pain and sensitivity lingering and still trying to find that balance so I don't overdo and get over sore.
But my former pain is Gone, Gone, Gone.
It IS worth it...it IS. Just grateful!
 
That's a great post mojo.
And you are so encouraging to others even at your early stage.
Bi-lateral seems to throw up as I call it now one good leg and one better one.
Hang around for a while maybe so others can benefit from your newfound knowledge and marvel at your wit.
Joe.....
 
Sounds,like you are doing very well. There was some tough going for a while but you pulled Todd there all your will power and made it through with flying colors!

You had mentioned that little "fish line" type line sticking out at the end of your incision. When I read Josephine's explanation, I sort of panicked because I had already cut one end off :sos: So I worried about an infection. I did leave the other end though. Anyhow, no infection has set in and now the end I left untouched seems to have fallen out and I can no longer feel anything there :smile2: so all is well.
 
So glad. Yeah...I chickened out about cutting mine and it has pretty much done in... But feel like it's made more scar tissue there....? Not really anywhere I'm worried about someone seeing as long as it doesn't bother me... Won't find any nude selfies of me anywhere...
Yes, I'm really happy. Everything is not perfect but oh my my stars it is so so much better. Thanks for being there y'all
 
So glad you are resting MyAussieGirl. Have been worrying about you. Need your quirky input every once in a while to make me feel better. :friends:
 
Made an appointment with PT I used before my surgery before my script runs out.
Would like to see how they think I'm doing ROM etc and see what they might schedule.
It's been 6 weeks and I feel like I've done alot on my own... Especially walking AND resting. I will be wary but see how it goes. Just an eval anyway on Thursday. Will see how it goes. My stamina is at such a low spot...I definitely have found the line where I overdo... And actually the line where I feel like I haven't moved enough.
They are both kind of miserable placed to be... I'm not the most scheduled disciplined person but want to set up some consistency for my body.
Best wishes to all my hippie friends.
I'll be 'resting my eyes' by 8 probably!
 
PT eval... Seeing me for two days next week. Will only do easy does its. They are gonna let me try the stationary bike and get this. They have an anti gravity treadmill. Reduce your body weight by whatever percentage... Tech days it's like floating and walking. Anyone ever been on one?
Also went to the pool at 7 am and just floated and let my legs dangle....
Heaven!!!!
Hope all is well with my fellow hippies
 
Congratulation on 6-weeks!
My wife had a complete-reverse shoulder replacement on Apr 05. All 4 of her rotator cuff tendons were shot, And she had torn her biceps tendon. Since her biceps cannot be depended upon to control the arm, they put the socket on the Humerus and the ball on the Scapula. She will use her triceps and deltoid to control movement.
We told everyone it was from lifting sacks of cat litter.
Although some might suspect it was from wielding a cast iron skillet.
 
Oh my stars. Your poor wife. My dad had simple surgery to repair rotator cuff and I've heard that the rehab for that was excruciating. He called the poor little PT girl a masochist!
So if it involves arms I guess it's on you, and if it involves legs it's on her. Gracious,
Our Food Bank is a 501c3 charity.
We are United Way recipients but mostly we depend on private/business donations. Always amazes me how lucky we are that people ARE willing to make lives easier for their felliw man.
 
It sounds like this PT place will be so much better. I have a stationary bike at home and it is good. I don't really put any resistance on it - just moving the pedals around. I remember the first time I sat on it after about one week postop and I could only go about half way around with the pedals. We sure have come a long way in these last 7 weeks. The anti-gravity treadmill sounds interesting. I had never heard of one before.

When I went to OS for six week check, I told him I was feeling a bit stiff after sitting. I wouldn't have mentioned it except that it seems like I went for several weeks earlier on where I didn't feel that stiffness after sitting at all. Anyhow, I told him I wasn't sure if it was from PT or just from healing. He said it was from healing and he also said I didn't need PT so I haven't gone any more. I know you mentioned the stiffness as well and that it went away after about 3 steps. Mine is more like ten or 12 steps before it disappears. I'm sure it is all just part of the healing process and that it will eventually fade away.

Working and taking care of the Food Bank must be very rewarding work. There are certainly plenty of people everywhere who need help from places like that. I worry about the very elderly who can't get out to take advantage of those places but maybe most have a way to deliver something to them. I believe our local food bank does that.

It must be pretty toasty down there in GA this time of year so I hope you are managing to stay cool.
 
Hi @Mojo333 - look forward to hearing what you think of the treadmill - sounds v interesting

I am having my first hydrotherapy session on Monday - looking forward to it!

Best wishes
Peter
 
GrannyC... That stiffness does make me feel like I'm not moving enough... And I really don't once I get home because yeah...Georgia is already smoking!! Been in the low 90s all week with no breeze and about 60 per cent humidity. I love hot weather but am not tolerating it as well right now and if you move around very much your just dripping. I'm kinda excited about the treadmill, PS46 ... I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to keep all of my PT light as I am loving not having any really cool intended pain of any kind any more...yay!
Thought I would try the bike without tension too.
All my friends on this site are so special to me. It helped me through the worst of all of it and I'll always be grateful.:roseshwr:
 
Hi Mojo, treadmill sounds good. It is still cool here so I walk the beach. Friday I went for a short canoe ride. Felt great except for getting out of the damn thing! So, once again taking her easy. Ha!
 
I too have been noticing getting out of something... Including the step in tub shower.. Is harder than getting in.
I love the ocean so much... And a beach. I'm jealous!
Sounds like we are better all the time.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom