Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

I'm lucky in the fact that I am only a 6-7 minute drive from my work. I've been going on for an hour in the morning to give some instruction.. And then 2-4 mostly sitting at desk doing intakes for clients and paperwork. Haven't iced like usual and tonight I can't get my right foot to beat what for the it for steps then it loosens up. And my poor sore thighs.. On the sides from my hips to my knees ...tender. Back to assume the position. On recliner, legs slightly elevated, frozen mixed vegetables on legs and a pill in my best future. For now...it's called Wednesday:flabber:
 
I can't get my right foot to beat what for the it for steps then it loosens
I can't get my right foot to BEAR WEIGHT for the first few steps....
DAC!!!!!!!
 
That sounds like quite a bit you're doing already, Mojo. I think your foot not working and the sore thighs may be because they are protesting and telling you that you are overdoing. I'm obviously no medical person but after reading so many threads on here, you almost can tell about some things it seems. Anyhow, just my two cents. But if it is all working ok for you, then that is good. I'm still amazed at how well you have recovered!!
 
Mojo I tend to agree with GrannyC but maybe call and ask the doctor? It could be you're moving from one shall we say normal positions to others and maybe it's harder or no not harder just muscles relearning yet new position .... Ice baby ice
 
GrannyC, I totally agree. I can tell when it's too much that's why I was being punished. I backed off and just chilled...literally with ice. You are right, you can tell when folks push it. I'm learning.
 
Agree also, Aussie. Every time I expand what I all doing I engage muscles a new way, there's a new pain. Some will be expected, trick will be not to overdo too soon. Thanks y'all!
 
I hope you realize we all know you know how this whole things works but being a mom and a grandma, I can't ever resist throwing in my two cents to remind people how this all works. I should stop and think before I speak sometimes since everyone on here knows that most likely a little extra pain comes from overdoing but we all want to help and add our advice and so it goes. Like @MyAussieGirl said, we love ya!!:roseshwr:
 
As I said before, I would be disappointed and highly offended if you didn't get me a what-for when I need it GrannyC. I'm the toughest bird I know so please know that I take all advice in the spirit in which it was intended. I know it comes from the best place. Big hugs!
By the by.. overdid it, gotta slow down. Got stuck at food bank all day today, misplaced my cane... Thighs and butt hurts... Icing and asking my poor thighs for forgiveness. Hugs for you both!
 
I'm a dog lover and um IrishJoe is gonna kill me but my dog is an Aussie mix .he is a boy dog too lol...My name kinda don't make sense but hey..... I'm a Midwest USA gal.... I gotta go gently clear that up with another poster hehe.... I'll still call you Mojo

GrannyC you make me lol have a tulip if it shows up on here

Can't be casting stones I may have over done today but my PT may be at fault
 
MyAussieGirl Are you going somewhere for PT? How often and what do you do? I went the first week to the Ortho clinic that arranged my surgery and the people were so apathetic and ride that I stopped it. After complaining to my surgeon he wrote me a script so I could go where I wanted. I have a PT I went to before my diagnosis when I though I had back problems and I tell liked. But since I've done so well, I haven't pursued it but I do feel like maybe I'm missing something??? Please let me know. I haven't felt much hip distress since my surgery ( just legs thighs etc) but now when I get up and take those first few steps with right leg, I feel pain in butt/pelvis/hip? And it won't bear weight till I get some steps in. Muscle i feel since it does work it fairly quickly... Almost feels like something is pinching up there till it loosens up. Maybe PT would help???? Hard to know
 
I go for PT 2 times a week. I start with riding the bike 10 min. Then I stand on edge of box for call stretches, squats and butt kicks. Then use the machines. First one I lay down and push myself back, second one I sit with leg over bumper and pull bumper back, next one legs go under bumper and lift bumper up and finally sit and push upper body back to almost recline position. Then I go to table for pelvic tilts, bridges (lift butt off table as much as you can ), leg lifts and then leg lifts using strap to lift as high as you can. Finally working on loosening up those thigh muscles so you can put your ankle over your knee and I can't do that yet. She said to keep working on stretching out those muscles. Other than the thigh thing, the exercises are the same as those I did when I went for my lower back last year. Yesterday we also did the step thing with the box. I had to step up on the box like it was a stair and then step down. I was to lead with my bad leg. I needed to use the lower box to do this.

I do go for the PT but it isn't extreme and I really am not very sore after. Maybe s little bit tired but again, not bad so I don't feel that I am overdoing. I will admit I haven't done much at home in between but I've decided I need to change that so I'm going to work a bit more at home between PT sessions. I want to be able to go up and down all stairs normally again and I want to be able to get my ankle up to my knee to put on my socks. I can do the stair thing already but leg feels weak and it doesn't feel like I'm doing it very smoothly. I can feel it in my knee. PT said that is still from my hip not being strong enough so we will see.

It probably wouldn't hurt to go a few times just to get an idea what you can do to strengthen those areas that bother. My thigh, for example, is still very tight but I can see that is is very gradually improving. I can step over side of tub now easily where I couldn't just a couple weeks ago.

I also asked PT about bike vs walking and she said each is different. She said the bones like the walking for hip recovery. She said biking is good exercise, too, but doesn't replace the walking. Prior to surgery a OS told me biking was better because it was non weight bearing and easier on my body than the walking so I guess it all depends on our situations.
 
GrannyC no wonder I love you my dog a yellow lab best dog I ever had I had to have him PTS ... arthritis but he was over 12 yrs old

Mojo I would walk not bike for now ... walking makes more sense IMO

LMAO IrishJoe I ummm lol am...

Different hehe .... .,. Thank God it's Friday :doggie:
 
Mojo I need to run right now but I will give you a long GOOD ...well thought out reply on PT later... I have to go pay on my shower seat it's been a month and I use it to transfer
 
I got myself 2 new hips
Right now, they's giving me fits
So rest and ice and elevate
Is all I've been able to do of late
Behind's a-aching, thighs so tight
Makes me wonder if it'll be alright
How quickly I fogot how bad it had got
So now I'm counting my blessings alot
Peace, Love, and let's all get Skippy
Cuz now I am a certified hippie.
 
Keats or Byron have nothing to fear :heehee:
 
GrannyC, forgive my bad grammar, poetic license for effect. Hope you are smiling.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom