Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

, my name is Carol and my dog is Daisy, a yellow lab. I should put a picture of her in my profile :dogsniff:[/QUOTE
If that ain't a Norman Rockwell picture, GrannyC, even you have to admit.
By the by, Carol IS my mother's name
 
Interesting! I hope you doing lots of resting and relaxing today so you get rid of a few of those aches and pains. I can feel the PT a little today for the first time although not bad. Probably because not long after PT we went for a pretty good walk and that along with puttering around the house was probably a little bit much.
 
Thank you for the detailed description of your PT. I'm going to meet with my new old one next week. Rest rest!
 
Lol Mojo leave the poetry to them :rofsign::loll:. I loled when I just came on and saw this....ah would you believe I just got in at 9 PM detour to see hubby's dad
 
Mojo my PT I can see all I want and I always set it up with her cause I LIKE her and this way she knows me..... I go only 1 time a week due to copay I have limited funds

She doesn't push me first time it was all intake and having me do say a walk to her and away then pushing opposite of her hand with my leg etc to test strength... I got exercises for my abductors homework right off

This time she walked with me inside and outside watching me without cane
Also I sat on a bike thing but it worked more like a paddle board...up and down and sideways up and down step....

A few balance exercises like if You've ever done Yoga tree pose between parallel bars... walking same place toe to heel .. nothing much...only hard one was a like side walk lunge

I would say smart to go I read many threads on here where people said they were sore later like you .. I bet it's normal....us lol normal....but your PT would be one to ask and say you sat so long butt kicked hurt ...why...kinda thing
 
It's 4 o'clock in the morning. Do you know where YOUR hips are?
I certainly do!
 
@Josephine re: Iliopsios syndrome stretches / groin pain.
Reading in the library, these look very helpful to realigning and stretching muscles. Pictures look they need a good bit of mobility to attempt. With bilateral, when would you recommend attempting?
 
Just FYI, I haven't seen Josephine on here in over a week. I saw one post from Irish Joe that said she was off for a bit so I'm not sure where she is. Sure hope she isn't having any health related issues and that she is just on a nice vacation. I had asked her about the bike and I never heard back so then I asked Jaycee and didn't hear either so I asked my PT which I already told you about. I guess I asked them first as I trusted their judgment more than that of the PT.
 
Oh, okay. Yeah, I like asking MY nurse. But they looked a little more advanced than where I am.
 
So I've been happy I've been doing so well, have been going to work for hour and half in morning and to hours in the afternoon. No P T but walking. I had some aches and pains but did really well. Using Cain minimally. Well, yesterday I crashed. Not when so much pain... Just totally exhausted. Maybe all these nights of two hours down, 2 up got to me. But I could not get up all afternoon for more than 10-15 min. Slept, dozed... exhausted!!
My butt got a twitch in it, more about than painful but to use Irish Joe's term... Part of the overdid it club. Gonna get some fresh air and sunshine today and try not to do much else.
 
If all the things I've complained about... And worried about... Here's my new one. Guess they used mostly some kind of surgical mesh/ glue, but there's a few sutures as I can feel then strategically placed. Namely at the very top where one is sticking out and knotted. I can feel the others are under the skin. The ones at the top are really bothering me now. Looks like it is puckering the skin as it is closing up. Wouldn't worry too much... But don't see Dr again until July 13.
Feel like it should be buried or dissolving or something
 
If it were me, I would call the doctors office and ask the nurse about it. Maybe you can just cut it off. Surely your incision is very well healed by now so it shouldn't matter. I have a little piece sticking out at both the top and the bottom, too. It feels like fishing line but there is no knot. It is sticking out only enough that you can feel it with your hand though so not really bothersome.

Yes, I'm sure your body needs a lot more sleep than what it has been getting. You need to get built back up or the next thing you know you will be getting sick. I'm sure all those folks coming to the food bank bring along some cold and flu germs and ordinarily you'd resist those but with your body run down you will be all the more susceptible.

Have you tried sleeping on your side yet? I first slept on my good side but now use both sides. The first few times I did it, my operated leg felt really strange but after a few times it felt the same as before surgery.
 
No. I want to sleep on my side. I'm scared. Afraid of dislocation possibility? Sure would like to
 
@IrishJoe! Completely unrelated topic but this is driving me crazy. I heard someone had a Volkswagen It for sale, and I know I've heard of an It but this is absolutely the first time I can not Google it. I don't know if the word It messed it up. This one it's supposed to be a 1976. Maybe it's not VW.
Why am I asking you? Hello I don't know. Just want to know if you have ever heard of it.
 
Did they call the GTI an It?
 
I've seen a VW Thing
 
I've never heard of a dislocation due to sleeping on your side but then again, there are many, many things I've never heard of. You could always give a call to your dr office and ask them. It seems like you had anterior so chance of dislocation seems mighty slim from all that I've read. My OS said only restriction was no bunny jumping!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom