Guest viewing is limited

TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2
We must have been posting at the same time.
And your knee photos came up after my last post.

Knee looks swollen, your incision looks very straight - always look for the positive .

Cathie
 
@gr82cu Sorry you had a rough night! The top looks like it has a indented area. I wonder if an internal stitch could be pulling. I sure hope you find relief soon!
 
@marmora You're right! It is straight :)

@tiredwife that area doesn't bother me. It's much deeper than that.

I just counted my pain pills. It's going to be close on Thursday when I go to see Darrell. I have barely enough oxycodone to last until then. I hope he is in a compassionate mood that day.
 
You are not going to believe this??!!?? My flexion today, on my own, was 102!! I couldn't believe it because I was certain it had fallen back since Friday. I can't quite wrap my head around it because my knee just feels so super stiff and it hurts so bad. It doesn't make sense. I'll take it but it doesn't make sense to me. My other knee, as the flexion increased, the pain & swelling decreased. This knee is just so different in so many ways. I'd get up and dance a little jig with @Yorkimom if it didn't hurt so darn bad.

My extension is not as good this time and I'm going to have to work harder at it this time. Last time I didn't really have to work for it, it was just there. Michelle took off the rest of my Kinesio tape today. She put me on the recumbent bike for 8 minutes like usual. I couldn't make a full revolution forwards at all. I did manage 3 times to go backwards but it hurt so much I decided not to force it. She had me do heel slides and straight leg lifts. Boy, I could tell when I did those leg lifts that I've not done much but lay around for over 2 weeks. My leg felt so heavy and weak. She said for home exercises right now to only do the straight leg lifts, heel slides and to prop my heel up on the arm of the couch and let my leg hang to stretch out those hamstring muscles and tendons. Ugh, those hurt!

I need to go back and re-read the beginning of my thread to see about where I was with flexion at this point before.
 
:wowspring: :happydance: :wowspring:
Janet @gr82cu2

That is great news to reach 102 degrees on your Flexion ! :egypdance:

The extension exercises are the hard ones, but so worth it !
Hang in there,...

Rest, relax and elevate & ice, you've had a busy day and see Darren on Thursday. :chillpill: :ice::elevate:

Cathie
 
@gr82cu2 Janet great flex!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great ROM, Janet, especially for such a hurty knee! I hope you have seen the worst of it and it will just keep getting better. It's sure looking that way! Your pics don't look so bad for two days and two weeks, but yes, there is bruising and swelling. It will be good to know about the blood test and anemia part. I hope that's resolved.
 
This picture didn't turn out very well. It looks more dramatic in person but I thought I'd show you all my lovely leg :) That is the Kinesio tape Michelle put on. One of the "fingers" came loose so I cut it off. Can you see where the bruise under where the tape was is greatly diminished?

[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
Wow! So that stuff really works? Impressive!
 
Just take it one day at a time, Janet, and you'll get there. Try not to expect too much of yourself, and celebrate the littlest achievements.

With two TKRs and anaemia, your body is dealing with more than a double whammy, so patience is going to be your best friend.

@Celle That explains SO much! I read it, but didn't understand it, too. Look at the surgeries in my signature line just for 2014 alone - your explanation explains why I am so easily wiped out all the time. I fell asleep last night at 6:30p and slept until 9a this morning. I'm averaging about 10 hours of sleep each night so I don't think I'm sleep deprived. But I do listen to my body. So, this will improve, that is, until I have knee #2 done, then I am screwed all over again, right?
 
Every surgery takes energy from you and multiple surgeries in one year are going to be harder to recover from. It does take time, so continue to do what you are doing and let your body rest whenever it needs to.

When you have your second knee done, yes, you will experience the energy drain again, but you will recover in time. Just be kind to yourself and don't expect too much of your body.
 
Good ROM report :thumb:
Hang in there with the anemia. Be sure to keep up the stool softeners and fiber while you're taking iron.
I was anemic (also borderline transfusion) at my first surgery. Interesting point about anemia slowing healing. I wasn't anemic this time and it seemed like I healed a bit faster. but there are multiple other factors that can go into our individual healing processes.
 
@gr82cu2, Hi Janet! I missed your thread yesterday. Sorry you had a bad night! Great news with your ROM!!!!! Just keep working on your extension. It took me forever with my first knee but I finally got it. I hope your meds last until tomorrow and Darrell give you more!!!! I can't wait to see what he says tomorrow!!!
 
@gr82cu2 congrats on your ROM. That is great news and I know you were worried about losing ROM with all of the swelling. Your extension will get there. Any news on your blood work? Good luck at your follow up appointment tomorrow. I agree if Darrell doesn't want to refill meds just cry and remind him of everything you have been through so far. I hope you sleep better tonight.
 
@ConnieJOS @tiredwife @Yorkimom @Minnie's knees @kneeper @Celle @ljrfrm @marmora and anyone else tuning in tonight :)

The doctor's office called. My iron levels have increased. Whatever it is that they measure was 8 in the hospital and was 10.4 when I was tested Monday. They said to keep taking the iron and get checked again in a month which I already made the appointment for. I'm starting to feel a little less tired and my color is coming back a little. I was white as a ghost there for awhile.

I've written up a list of questions and things to talk to Darrell about tomorrow so I don't get in there and forget anything. #1 on the list is......How did you all bruise both my rib cages and my right breast??? If he doesn't believe me I have Kent as a witness and the picture of my right side I showed you all is on my phone. Note to self, don't forget phone!

Today has been pretty uneventful. It's the only day all week I didn't have some sort of appointment at least. This business of having to get dressed and leave the house is a real hassle :) #2 son came by for a visit this afternoon. It's always good to see him.

I spent some time reading back at the beginning of my recovery thread to see where I was at around this stage of recovery. Much to my surprise, flexion was almost exactly the same. I could swear it took longer to break the 100 degree mark. Pain is much worse this time though. Last time I was describing it as being a 3 or 4. This time, right now, I'd say 6 or 7 most of the time, especially when I get up on my feet and if I'm up more than about 10 minutes it goes to an 8 or 9. The kind of pain that makes you breathe weird. My right ankle is really hurting and sometimes hurts worse than my knee and is nearly as stiff. I guess it's probably just still fluid in there. Most of the swelling seems to be gone from it but it is still bruised as well as almost my entire foot, top and bottom, including my toes. I still have a pretty large bruise on the upper part of my calf below the crease in my knee and still a very large, dark bruise on my right hip although it is striped now from the kinesio tape.

My appointment tomorrow is at 1:15 so I'll be sure and let you all know how it went after I get home. I hope you all have had a wonderful day.

xox
 
@gr82cu2 Janet I am very curious as to Darrell answers to your questions! Please let us know. I can not imagine one good reason for all your bruising.
 
@gr82cu2 I will be thinking of you tomorrow!! Darrell better give you some good answers and good meds or he will have to answer to all of us!!! It's great that your ROM is so good - but you really can't keep healing with a pain level that high. Be very specific with Darrell and let him know you can handle a 3 or 4 if needed, but not more. SO, he needs to find a way to get it down! Glad your day today was uneventful - you needed that type of day!
 
@gr82cu2, Hi Janet! Great news on your levels increasing. I had no idea about the levels so I looked and it said hemoglobin levels of 12 to 15.5 for women were normal so you are getting there. I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling a little better and not as tired as before. I just don't know how you did it on top of the pain from your surgery. You sure are a trooper!!! Can't wait to hear how things go tomorrow. Anne
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom