TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

@gr82cu2 If you have blood pooled it will take awhile after you stop the blood thinner to get absorbed. When hubby had the blood pooled it seemed like the pain pills didn't help much.
 
@tiredwife I have no idea if blood is pooled or not. The top of my knee doesn't really look too bruised. It is very swollen though all around my knee cap. It's like my knee cap is floating in fluid in there. I had that last time too but it was pretty much gone by now.....the visible swelling was, at least. Most of the swelling is out of my foot now. For the first time today, I was able to put shoes on. It's still painfully bruised around my ankle though. Sometimes I'm not sure what hurts worse, my knee or my ankle :shrug: Last time I had bruising settle down by my ankle and onto the side of my foot but it didn't really hurt. This time it definitely does! I have a lot more tourniquet pain this time too. It will get better. It has to :dubious:
 
@gr82cu2 I know I am a hippie but my foot is still swollen (11 weeks) I have some nerve issues with foot but I umderstand your frustration. Plus had to ruin my fav old boat shoes to get it on

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin A hippie? LOL! Are the nerve issues in your foot related to your TKR? Or something you had before? Shame about ruining your favorite shoes. At this point, I've barely been out of the house, only going to physical therapy so I just wore slippers.
 
Hippie as THR peace man, errrrrrrr woman, lady. Nerve issues are from sugery around my ankle is numb yet other parts of foot feel like frakenstiems coming to life, electric shocks. Hence also ruining my old friend. Anyway as to foot swelling mine does and by end of day feels like there is a inflatable dinghy attached to my foot. Anyway seeimg neurologist this week sjould be electrifying. @gr82cu2

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@gr82cu2 The pooling of blood hubby had was behind the knee cap. It caused a lot of pain and stiffness. It was hard to get his pain under control because of it, that is kind of why I thought you might have some pooling. Bruising has nothing to do with pooling. He hardly bruised with leg #2. He didn't have anemia with it though, that we know of. It's just blood getting trapped in an area. It will reabsorb. Hope all the swelling goes down soon, I guess it is a gradual thing. Wish I had a magic wand to help you get better!
Our friendly ogre @Legin knows no boundaries and freely crosses from THR land to TKR land. I think it is more interesting in TKR land as we have Vegas trips and such!
 
@Legin of course I want you here, what is a kingdom without an ogre? Why not having an ogre around is like having pumpkin pie without whip topping.
 
@Legin @tiredwife @gr82cu2

I can see why Nigel is here instead. Nothing wrong with the "hippies", but I just never really got to know anyone there. I do have a hippie thread, as is listed in my signature. It's probably my own fault though. I just didn't have issues with my hips after surgery. They felt so much better so quickly. And I was so new on bonesmart when I had my hips done, I hadn't quite figured out how to get started. But the knees have been a much longer and intense process. I wanted to talk to people, so the first person I found was Janet. She caught my attention because her first TKR was the same day as mine so I posted on her thread. And once I started watching her thread I started conversations with the people that poste on her thread, and it grew from there. Now I just go to that "watched threads" list every day (well, many times a day) and catch up on what's going on with everyone. I may be watching too many threads now! I start feeling guilty for neglecting my husband sometimes. Lol.
 
@ConnieJOS I get on first thing in the morning, then a little before hubby is due home from work and then in the evening while watching tv. Yep, too much. I have about 19 people I watch and what ever thread I am tagged into plus sometimes welcome the new people. I can bounce around the threads pretty quick. I must admit I spend the most time with my daughters and sister Cathie.
 
@tiredwife @ConnieJOS @Legin

Ahhhh, I never caught that Nigel has had a hip replaced, not a knee! Blame it on the drugs :)

I had a bad night last night. I don't know how many times I woke up uncomfortable and in pain and it wasn't time for meds :( Finally, at 5:30 I had to rip the ice wrap off my knee. It felt like it was strangling my knee. Of course it wasn't. Once it was off it didn't feel any different or better.

Still no word from the doctor's office about my blood test yesterday.

Therapy is this afternoon at 2:30. Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or dreading it. Either way it will be good to see Michelle's smiling face :) Hope you all are having a great day!
 
Right knee at 2 days post op.
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!


Right knee at 2 weeks post op.
[Bonesmart.org] gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!
 
Janet @gr82cu2

Sorry to hear you had a sleepless and uncomfortable night.

I know that feeling at night, where you just have to rip off the Cryo Cuff, it's a strange feeling, but find that you can't get it off fast enough!

Fortunate that you will be seeing Michelle this afternoon, that should lift your spirits.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Back
Top Bottom