Wayfarer
member
- Joined
- Dec 9, 2018
- Messages
- 102
- Age
- 66
- Gender
- Male
- Country
United States
Yeah, I think that’s pretty much the norm here or at least with Kaiser. I don’t know if my 81-year recovery room neighbor went home that same night, but she was motoring around on a walker and was going to the bathroom with the same (and her daughter) when I was leaving. I think lucky for me I still had a fair amount of anesthesia in my system from the spinal. And we’re also lucky that we are 15-20 minutes from the hospital, but it was a little bumpy in the Honda CRV. My truck might have been more comfortable, but my wife doesn’t like to drive it.
So with all the variables, maybe I would have stayed overnight under different circumstances. A two-hour drive would have been daunting! We would probably have stayed a night in a hotel if they were to discharge me the same day and there was a two-hour drive ahead. I was able to get down the 16 stairs on my own to the bedroom with my son shadowing me.
So with all the variables, maybe I would have stayed overnight under different circumstances. A two-hour drive would have been daunting! We would probably have stayed a night in a hotel if they were to discharge me the same day and there was a two-hour drive ahead. I was able to get down the 16 stairs on my own to the bedroom with my son shadowing me.

...all very familiar.



Not difficult to do 



