TKR Good grief, it's Gort!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ROTFL = Roll on the floor laughing! :rofsign: ! you are funny!

sorry, Loki really does look like a cow in that photo - a lovely cow, I hasten to add. :)

Shortie unfortunately, people see you looking better but have no idea that actually you are feeling quite :yikes: or :gaah: inside - I so hear you, along with all the other BS members! Hang in there and tell it like it is. When people ask how I am, i say something like, thanks for asking, i'm here, in some pain and will be for the next few months.

I think a cocktail evening sounds perfect - obviously it will have to be in the ODIC - we can use my special table, you know, the one with my name on, where I live and spend most of my time :rofsign: . I'll have a Long Island Ice Tea or Harvey Wallbanger, yummy :martini: :martini: :martini:

yes, TF, I have been thinking that both the knitting needles and crochet hook must be orange with heat by now, these articles and garments you are making are being knocked out at a lightening pace!

Toothfairy

hope everyone has a good day, enjoy film and lunch. Fernie X
 
I hope you can sneak a back of ice into the theater with you to cool Gort down while watching the movie. The last film I saw was a month pre-op, but found that the ice pack I brought (and a seat in front of a railing that I used for elevating) made the experience much more comfortable.

Love your pup! He's too cute - how old is he?

Not sure when you drifted off finally, but sleeping until 7 sounds lovely.

Smart plans to take the rain check on lunch today - maybe you'll only stop in to the ODIC for a quick cocktail before heading home. :rotfl:

Are you driving yet?
 
Hi Alison, I had to work out ROTFL :blush:
Hope you enjoyed the film, did you manage lunch with your sister?
Have a restful evening.
TF x :yay:
 
Okay Fernie I get the pharaoh hound image looked rather bovine!!! Swapped for dragon image so Godzilla, my spiky one doesn't feel left out. :snork:
Thank you all for answering my dumb question of the day, it took a while for me to wise up to lol, thought it meant lots of love so my use of it was probably seom appropriate (though I never did pop it onto the end of a condolence text!!) can you imagine! "sorry to hear of the sudden death of auntie Gert, lol" :whistle:
Cinema went very well, Oblivion is a terrific film! I even was jolted into realising that I'd forgotten about Gort for a good few minutes! :thud: When I stood up to leave, my sister hovered nervously, remembering pre op seizing up & inability to walk for a few minutes, she was amazed when I got up, hardly any stiffness, no seizing up & walked calmly from the seat!! :happydance: Had KFC, a secret favourite........
I iced as soon as I got home, fitful sleep, but glad I did it!
Working on matching cushion for blanket #1 then will whip up my hobo bag before starting blanket #2. Put #1 in conservatory & realised I need three for aesthetic coverage of corner suite :yikes: Hope I get it all done before I go back to work, as the production line will grind to a complete halt once I'm back in the saddle!!! :rotfl: :heehee:
Roll On the Floor Laughing huh? :scratch: :doh: I will come visit your threads when more awake. Big hugs till then! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Good morning, nice new avatar, Jett will need to have a turn soon. Mustn't have favourites.
I will admit to not knowing what lol meant till I eventually cracked and asked my daughter. :blush:
Good that you enjoyed the film, I will watch out for it. Not on at our favourite cinema yet but hopefully soon.
Your crochet workload is building up. You have a regular production line going. I just have the bands in the hood to do till I finish this little jacket. Knitting the hood has almost been like knitting another cardi. Note to self, avoid patterns with hoods. It is really cute, hopefully it will get worn!!!
Good to hear you sounding chipper this morning. Have a great day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :SUNsmile:
 
Cut back a bit on painkillers today, wasn't too bad if I didn't move around too much, gentle exercise on bike only today.
Wind is dropping & hopefully it's forecast nice & sunny on Saturday, So i will be out hoe-ing the lower garden (unpicked up dog mess) god forbid hubby would stoop & pick it up!!!!! :hairpulling:
Cracking on with my crocheting, on blanket #2 & doing ok. My boss coming to see me next week, as a friend, which will be nice.. :snork:
Plus, Friday night is curry night! Yay!! :happydance: :dancy:
I've noticed a hard blackish spot, no bigger than a pinhead & hard poking from the bottom of my scar, may be the end of a staple? Or a stitch? I will pop into the doc next week if it's still there, it's dry & all around it is ok so I'm not concerned.
Tomorrow is Fridayyyyyyyy!!!! Probably means more when we're working, but it needs saying! Enjoy your weekends folks! Wherever you are in the world!!! :puppysmooze: :SUNsmile: :friends:
 
Enjoy your garden. Mine is under a blanket of new snow. It started to day at 10 a.m. and hasn't stopped. We have 7 new inches. School even got called off early today. At least it covers up the dog poo!
Have a good weekend.
 
Hi Alison,
enjoy crocheting your second blanket. Will you manage to do the third before work:yikes: summons you back?
Curry night, hooray, I do love a good curry, is it curry out, curry in take away or curry in home made?
I think you are wise to keep an eye on your blackish spot, agree it is probably a stitch and if it is hopefully resorb able. I would hope that they would have noticed if a bit of staple was left behind:what: :shrug:
Nice that your boss is coming to see you, mine hasnt but to be fair she is totally overworked at the moment with all the changes. I will see her tonight as I have now decided to go to the leaving do after several colleagues talked me into it. Hopefully it will be ok. Pity I have no crutches! I will walk tall (ok not very tall) and with pride and no shame! Probably will need to have an extra quiet day tomorrow,
Your gardening plan sounds lovely apart from the doggy doo's, needs must. :heehee: We have a similar issue with the cat, and neighbours cats. That is husbands department.I don't do gardening.
Have a good and restful day,
Hugs
Toothfairy x :puppysmooze: :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning Gort the Golden Good and shiny, how are you today?
Hope you have a lovely sunny morning, it is a super sparkly day here.
I am planning a slow start ( nothing new there) after my late night. Hoping to have a gentle river walk, same river, different walk.
I do love walking by water, my absolute favourite is being by the sea. One day when I am grown up :what: I would love to live by the sea.
Hope you have a super day,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :rolleyes: :yes:
 
Hi there TF, sorry to read that you've had icky tummy from Chinese last night.
My curry was bought from a little Indian deli in Birmingham, catering to the local Pakistani & Bangladeshi residents, so is not the anglicised curry that you get from the local takeaway. Far hotter!!! :shocked: I had vegetable stuffed chilli peppers for lunch with raita and bought six of those yummy barfi sweets, together with a chicken & spinach balti & paratha for tea. Problem is, I've got such a sweet tooth that I wolfed the sweets during the afternoon & wasn't hungry by tea time! Balti still in fridge untouched!! :whistle: I think I may get to do a blanket #3 before I get dragged back to the office, it has been a pleasant way to pass the time, I've decided that my lot of chunky wool will now go to making a snood of some description, rather than a hobo bag, wrong wool or the job! Still determined to do a hobo bag, but now looking at a brushed denim type wool for the job :scratch:
I may accompany hubby on his lake walk this afternoon, take my stick with me for stability & see how far I get, I agree it's lovely walking by water, trouble with the path round the lake is exposed tree roots :yikes: :yikes: Tend to twist the ankle at best, throw you at worst!! :groan:
Restful weekend, no MIL to contend with!
Planned a few lunches with friends, one with hubby & maybe a new foray to the cinema now I know I no longer seize completely! :yay:
Will see nurse Monday about the pokey out bit as I'm keen to get swimming without too much delay?!?!?
Lovely & sunny here, doggy doo doo all picked up, bike ridden (one songs length, three times a day now) icing now before walk, then nback to blanket #2 - have a very good weekend all! May your ice stay ever frozen!! :heehee: :cheers:
 
Curry sounds yummy. I had made curry for tonight but decided to leave it till tomorrow. Sounds like you have some fab local curry outlets. Maybe I should move.
I have had a lazy day as I have been feeling tired and delicate. Must get out for a walk tomorrow.
Dd you manage to have your walk?
I like the idea of cycling one song three times a day. Might try that.
TF x :egypdance:
 
Hi jetthugger, sorry just checking in with the Crochet queen :heehee:. Sounds like its all under control for blanket 3 to commence. V good.

Curry sounds v good too. I live near one of the best delivery curry place for miles, always wins awards. V good.

I did some good Pt in the pool this morning, I think you'll find it great too when you get going, just makes everything nice, our pool is quite warm Which helps.

V pleased to hear tour training is on course! You are doing fab :thumb:

Look after yourself and hope dr visit ok. :friends: Fernie x
 
Hi guys, just reporting in.
Had a knotted stitch poking out & trotted off to the GP for the nurse to have a look. She didn't clean the area, wash her hands, put surgical gloves on or anything & proceeded to poke & snip with tweezers, scissors & a hooked blade (admittedly,they came out of sealed pouches) I started I bleed & she remarked that they'd used strong nylon for the suture. I said they'd also used staples, a drill, hammers & bone saws as it was a TKR!! Was quite upset & emotional when I got home. Panicking about infection & all that!! Gort not happy at being poked & is very sore & grumpy now, so ice & elevate for the rest of the morning!!
Called SWATT who are coming out to see me tomorrow, they are brilliant, they reassured me that it was unlikely that I would get infected from that, but understood that after all I'd been through, an insensitive nurse was probably not what I needed and they would come out, check my scar (& the new hole in it) & reassure me & dress it properly. Made me feel a little happier.
Will go see my GP too on wednesday, get signed off till the end of may. (though I'm dying to get back to work!!)
Sorry to vent......
 
What on earth is SWATT. The men clad in black, are they going to that nasty nurse. Really cant believe she didnt at least use at least clean the area and wash her hands. No wonder you are upset. I would be too. Did she manage to get it out after all that. Hope youre resting and feeling better. Have a nice cuppa and a cake. My formula for always feeling better. X
 
Hi Pat, had to laugh at your imagery!! Haven't a clue what SWATT actually stands for, South Warwickshire Accelerated Treatment something or other.. They do what the nurses/physios do in hospital, just in the home, which allows you to leave hospital a lot sooner. (in my case, I was in on Monday, discharged wednesday!) :yes!:
They are really fantastic as all they deal with are hip/knee replacements, so are geared for it.
The image of them swooping through the window, all in black is hilarious!! :rofsign:
Cheered me up no end... Thank you x x :puppysmooze:
 
I had the same vision of trained police and military coming to your rescue! Over here SWAT stands for Special Weapons and Tactics department. :rotfl:

I am so sorry you had such an experience yesterday! I would be upset as well. I hope after your visit today, you feel a bit more reassured.

Congrats on giving yourself more time off from work! I know it's hard for most of us to accept this much time to ourselves, but think of it as a gift to your new knee and your body for enduring such a challenge.

I hope today gets better!
 
That sounds really good i wish we had that service in our NHS Area. Like you i was in hospital for only a few days and had to either go in to see the GP or a telephone appointment which isnt ideal. Hope they put your mind at rest. Im off for x rays this aftn for my hands. Really swollen and painful so they think its some sort of arthritis but not sure which. X rays will tell. Another thing to contend with. At least my knee is behaving at the moment. Small mercies. X
 
What a truly horrible and scary experience for you Alison. I think you should write a letter of complaint.
I hope you will be fine but that does in no way make up for the trauma you were subjected to or excuse the bad practice. Hope it soon heals and stops being painful.
Poor you, big consoling hugs and a big bar of chocolate coming your way,
Toothfairy x :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Alison,
I am only catching up on posts now. I am hoping you are ok. How was the visit from the SWAT team today? What did they have to say about the way your poor little knee was attacked yesterday?
How is Gort the golden feeling today?
I do hope you are feeling a bit better and are more comfortable and feeling reassured after the SWAT team visit.
Hugs and flowers,
Toothfairy x :puppysmooze:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom