TKR Good grief, it's Gort!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jetthugger, you are doing brilliantly. Awesome ROM.
I would love your banana loaf recipe.
Hope you are enjoying this sunny bank holiday weekend.
I am all overdone and paying the price. Baby has arrived safely and is scrumptious. I have only seen photos so far but will be going to meet her on Wednesday.
Toothfairy x :) :happydance: :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Jetthugger,
Just popping by to say hello. I hope you are well and enjoying the lovely sunshine.
Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile:
 
Well, like Fernie & Toothfairy I'm practically a permanent resident of zodiac! I've been walking round the lake every day, it's about 35 minutes all in plus a mog round the shop of a morning, or I will walk the woofs round the block.
I have always loved walking, so I'm trying to build myself up slowly. Will attempt awalk to our local shops next week, about a mile & a half, but will get hubby to come pick me & woofers up.
Return to work in two weeks!!!!! :yikes: Part of me is really looking forward to it, part of me wants to win enough on the lottery that I never need work again :whistle: :heehee:

Banana cake recipe

125g butter
150g caster sugar
2 eggs
2-3 ripe bananas
225g self raising flour
60ml milk
Vanilla essence (or I use cinnamon)

Pre heat oven 180'c gas 4
Cream the butter & sugar together, add eggs & combine, mash in bananas then add flour & vanilla (or any spice you want, nutmeg works well too) add milk if mixture becomes too thick, needs to be a thick-ish consistency. Grease a loaf tin & scoop in cake mix
Bake 40 mins, reduce heat to 150'c gas 2 & bake further 30 mins
Try & let it cool a little before you get stuck in!!

If there's any left the day after baking, it's nice with butter, jam & a nice pot of tea.

I'm baking a fresh one today, you're all welcome to pop in for a slice! :puppysmooze: :heehee: :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Return to work in two weeks!!!!! :yikes: Part of me is really looking forward to it, part of me wants to win enough on the lottery that I never need work again :whistle: :heehee:

Lol I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing this morning :heehee:

I'm not looking at going back until at least 12 weeks - my job is 12.5 hour shifts on my feet - are you able to sit down much in your job?

Well done on all your walking - are you still using crutches / sticks?

Hope you have a good day

Shortie x
 
gosh, going back is :scary: and :yikes: and :gaah:. Especially when you just want to continue doing crochet and baking and shopping on a permanent basis now. :whistle: - I found it hard just picking up my work again as others had been doing it or bits had been left. I was nice to see people, but that lasted about a day! Forget sharing the Banana cake recipe, we want a share of your lottery dosh:thumb: when you win ! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

the walking is really good, but i've upped mine recently and am suffering so much. Leg like a board this morning, had to take 2 ibro and 2 paras just to get out of bed! - not been that bad for a long time.

Enjoy your loaf and pot of tea :mcoffee: (dont know if you have green hair?) :heehee: Fx :egypdance:
 
Hi Jetthugger,
I know exactly what you mean about wanting to win the lottery. I am loving this relaxed life of bumbling around and doing baking and crafty things.
I will have a slice of that banana cake if there is any left.
Thanks for the recipe, I will try it out. Sounds yummy.
Will you have a phased return to work?
Shortie I hope you will not be going straight back in to 12.5 hour shifts :yikes:
Sounds like your walking is progressing well Alison, are you still using your exercise bike?
I am having a slow start today and have just finished my post exercise icing and stretching. I must get showered now, get the bed stripped and remade then once the laundry is on I can settle down to knit and catch up on my viewing.
Happy Friday,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile: :yahoo:
 
Oh, that banana cake sounds heavenly!

[Bonesmart.org] Good grief, it's Gort!!
 
Yes, definitely phased return. Shortie :shocked: :) My full time is 8am - 5pm weekdays, are you on three day shifts@12.5 hours?
Went into the office to drop some paperwork off, looks like the workload is picking up nicely ready for my return! :yikes: One of my colleagues had a knee replacement in December & returned to the office end of April so everyone remarked on how well I was doing, I had to remind them that every persons recovery was different & I have been extremely lucky that my TKR was pretty textbook apart from the rash from the dressing (you can STILL see the outline on my skin!!)
I'm walking round the lake daily now, it's about a 35 minute walk - added to that a mog round a supermarket or a 15 minute meadow stroll. Gently increasing exercise & slowly dropping the meds. Not using exercise bike every day, don't want to overdo it too much! My knee feels more stiff & sore after I've rested than after I've exercised it!! I'm using up icelands stock of frozen peas! :whistle:
Another banana cake made & demolished this weekend, didn't survive MIL, She repeatedly (24 times over 48 hours!) accusing me of "fattening her up for Christmas" despite me muttering assurances that he would be far too stringy & tough & I would stick with a turkey, if she didn't mind!!!!! :headbang: still, gone now for a bit! :bow: :bow: at least the repeated threat of a bedbath now seems to have abated!
Have been experimenting with new crochet stitches, im on a second broomstick stitch scarf, they look really lovely when done. I'm having a crack at the solomons knot stitch tomorrow, may become a Lacey shawl if I get the hang of it.
That lottery win is ever distant on the horizon (sigh)
I'm having a crack at a ginger cake & finishing my granny square cushion covers tomorrow too. Busy busy busy!!!!!
Hope that Fernie & Toothfairy escaped zodiac for a while this weekend! you otherwise may have seen me propping up the bar! :snork: :martini: :cheers2: :cheers: :rotfl:
Hugs to all & a quick prayer to whichever god is listening..... Puhleeeeaze bring us some chuffing sunshine!!!!!!!!! :bow: :SUNsmile:
 
I WAS on 30 hours per week mixed of days nights and weekends but I am going to ask to cut my hours big time and then just pick up extra if a) I am able b) it doesn't interfere with family life and /or c) I really need the money! Lol
 
Nobody mentioned the funky stuff you feel when you cold turkey tramadol!! :shocked: :yikes: :gaah:
Day 2 of feeling that underwater swooshy feeling, lethargy & a sparking noise at the base of my skull, not to mention the funny taste in my mouth & crawly feeling skin. Hope it doesn't last much longer!!! :scratch: :bow:
Gort is holding up, feeling more raw & tender than painful, which is a good sign.
I will keep up the cold turkey as I don't want to keep taking tramadol when I return to work & I don't think I could handle work while feeling this funky & drained (sneeze a lot too!!!) :tantrum: :doh: :cry:
What fun! Anyone else have withdrawal issues? :puppysmooze: :eeeuw:
 
Oh, yes, Tramadol :what: . I did not enjoy the withdrawl when I went off of oxycontin and decided I would read up a bit on Tramadol before I dropped that. I learned from others that I needed to wean off of that slowly, so I did the half doses, etc...and am now just using Tylenol. I had the leg creepies anyway. Those have subsided quite a bit, but lasted a good week. The night sweats (like every 10-15 minutes) have diminished but aren't gone completely. I can't say I noticed anything with my focus or taste. Good luck with that.

I am returning to work tomorrow for the afternoon. I am quite nervous as I will be teaching outside (Physical education). Ice packs, Tylenol, compression sleeve, and a stool will be part of my arsenal. I know you are returning soon too, but I am too lazy to look up the actual day. BEST OF LUCK!!
 
Alison, those are the exact withdrawals I had. I just felt awful and went from about 4 a day to zero and when I thought I was about to die at 3am, googled it and found a serious amount of forums with most postings in the wee hours! Had about 48 hours of :yikes: And :yikes: Plus :yikes: But felt I couldn't go through it again so persevered. A couple of times I felt like a junkie and craved it but got through in the end. I vowed I'd never touch them again.

Sorry Hun, thought we'd covered this way back?

Anyway, me in ZODiac with glass of red. Take I'll be seeing you later? :martini: Fx
 
Hi Alison, poor you.
I had no trouble. I reduced mine one at a time over a period of several weeks based on the pain in my knee.
I had a couple of attempts at dropping the last one but that was related to pain. Hope it settles soon. How many were you taking before you stopped?
I have taken one twice at night since I stopped them regularly and had no problem with that at all. We are all different and our bodies react differently. I am glad I had no problems as I found them effective and hope that they will work just as well for knee 2.
How are you feeling about going back to work?
I am actually starting to look forward to it now. Might change my mind once I get there.
Happy Wednesday, hope you feel better today, hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Alison, how are you doing today?
I hope the withdrawal symptoms are settling for you. It sounds really nasty.
I managed to do some al fresco knitting today sitting in the garden. It was lovely to see the sun. Hope it's around tomorrow too.
Sleep well,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance:
 
Hi guys!
The awful symptoms from coldturkey of tramadol seem to have subsided now, I just get a funny tongue & occasional giddiness now, but minimal. Really really pushed Gort to the max yesterday. I wanted to see how I stand up to the strain of a standing room only rock concert, as I'm off to see Muse atthe Ricoh Arena next Wednesday and I will be right in the mosh pit with my unwitting friend! So, I went to the cinema again Wednesday with my sister & yesterday I took the woofers out for half hour walk at 10am, then did an hours shop at sainsburys, made a salad for lunch then walked round our local lake (takes about 35 minutes) fell asleep for half an hour, made a stir fry for tea & elevated & iced whilst watching a film & so thought I'd be ok. Wrong!!!!! :yikes: :yikes: This morning Gort is very unhappy and swollen & stiff. Also, my right heel underneath really hurts, haven't a clue why, but reckon the painkillers masked it all & when I came off all of the pain meds, the heel pain came up!! Ouch! I'm wondering what the chuff that's all about!
I'm resting & icing today! :angel:
On the plus side, I'm off all pain medication & have been since Sunday! :yes!: :happydance:
It's such a long recovery this, as I mentioned on Fernie thread, it can sometimes be daunting just how long it takes & although you feel ok, the knee rules - absolutely!!!
Wanted to do a bit of clothes shopping today to get some nice new outfits ready for my return to work, seems that this activity may now be postponed till after the weekend!!
Big bugs to all & remember the watchword.....Patience!!!!! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Morning, tell me about it! This week, weds was dreadul, had to leave work early, Thursday was better but i cancelled my evenng plans as so tired. Today knee is painful and swollen :boohoo:

Make sure you have plenty of scheduled rest times when you return to work next week and really rest the whole day before your concert so you can be on form :thumb: TTFN, take care Fx
 
Hi Jethugger, I see you're doing amazingly well for only 8 weeks out ... oh - today is your 2 months anniversary of surgery .... BIG CONGRATS!!! :happydance: :egypdance: :yay:

And good luck with back to work, you've been incredibly active already, and I see the knee does make you know when it's a bit over the top, so take it easy and listen well. Good job weaning from pain meds, not sure I will have quite the fortitude at 8 weeks out, we shall see!

Be good, get some good rest this weekend, and look forward to your reports next week - esp. the rock concert ... no sitting there sounds like, are you sure you can't take a folding chair or something like that??

Hugs ... :friends:
 
Gort is so bossy, isn't she! :hissy:Always wanting to be in control! I have a sister like that...

I can't believe you're going to a rock concert. I have visions of shoulder to shoulder, pressed together, bodies jostling trying to get to the stage to touch the singers, being trampled. Please tell me this won't be the case. I am dating myself, but the last concert I went to was Neil Diamond and I held a lighter while swaying back and forth.

Have you ever had planter fasciitis? It causes terrible heel pain--nasty stuff. I dealt with that last summer after an active day in flip flops and can vividly remember the fateful step that pulled the tendon. I suffered for a good 3 months and then got the proper shoes and inserts to bring it under control. I have been in my wonderful Haflinger house shoes now since surgery--even wore them out on a few shopping expeditions, so the tendon has been well protected and supported. Sure enough, as soon as I started going out more and wearing other shoes, the heel has flared up. Maybe your pain has something to do with the transition back into "going out" shoes, or just the transition back to life in general. I hope this is short lived for you.

Glad your withdrawl symptoms have subsided. I am just on Tylenol now and it seems sufficient. I have it timed so I take it right after school.

I hope you take some time now to rest and ice. Soon your schedule won't be your own.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom