TKR Good grief, it's Gort!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tantrum: Oh no! I hope you manage to get unblocked! After all that hard work & effort! :hairpulling:
Apologies to Ready if I blamed her for my wayward bathing, when all along it was Shortie :shocked: was blissful, must admit & got some original source cranberry scrub & had a good old exfoliate! I also found that I could get a far better bend in the tub, whether it's because I'm relaxed (much like my nocturnal Gort bending) or its the warm water' who knows? :tada: :shrug:
Really fingers crossed that you get your ubend unstuffed TF!! Just concentrate on that lovely little cardi & let hubby sort the rest!
Shortie, wish I'd have dunked ages ago! Sooooo relaxing!
Back to my blanket folks! :puppysmooze: :egypdance:
 
Ok hands up I am the rebel bather! Lol

So glad you enjoyed your bath it is those little things that really make us feel better :)

Can I ask - I have looked but can't find then answer - Why Gort?
 
all you busy girlies with time to mid morning post about your cardis, blankets, baths and blocked en-suite pipes! ! tut tut! :heehee:

just checking in...morning here bit dull, the whole work thing is a chore today.. just planning my escape route :whistle:

ttfn.. Fx
 
That's OK, I am always getting blamed for things. But all this talk about baths has me wanting to take the plunge. I have not enjoyed one yet. Perhaps today...
 
Why Gort? I'm afflicted with chronic nerdism & I love anything sci fi.... I wanted a name that would suit a cyborg type situation & went through various names before Gort, like Tweeky out of Buck Rogers in the 25th century, cylons from battle star galactica, R2D2 or C3PO from star wars, even good old Data from star trek!! Gort is an android (robot) from an old film called 'The day the earth stood still' and was silent, powerful, indestructible - every quality i DON'T have!!! :whistle: :rotfl: :heehee: ! and totally supported it's human counterpart, Klaatu. it was remade with Keanu Reeves later but both films are nonsensical, basically aliens telling humans to stop destroying each other & the earth, or they would do it for us in an eyeblink!!! Hope the fact that I'm a nerdy Trekkie doesn't ave you all shunning me in droves!!! I'm harmless really! :shocked:
 
No shunning needed, we all have our little quirks.
Silent, powerful and indestructible are good qualities for a new knee.
Not a stitch knitted yet today,
Sun is out now,online grocery shopping done, ironing done, parcel and letters posted which involved a nice walk, flapjacks made and knee protesting as not enough resting today. Time to knit.
How is the blanket doing?
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Blanket nearly finished, got sidelined today as promised a friend I'd make her a red tea cosy & she's coming Wednesday, so I wanted it good & finished before then.
Flapjacks!! Oh I do love flapjacks! :happydance: :yay: Was in the mood to bake a fresh loaf today, so whipped out the old bread machine (only set it to dough, I like putting bread in an oven) & had crusty bread & butter hot for tea with a couple of crispy lamb cutlets.
Got loads of new wool from my little expedition this afternoon, ready for blanket #2, they can both drape over the corner suite in the conservatory when finished, this time I've gone for poppy red, bright orange & marigold yellow, a darker version this time with enough to make a couple of cushion covers.
Did you get to knit this afternoon? Productive little fairy you! A beer in the ODIC again my dear? :shocked:
Hope all you bonesmarties out there have a pleasant evening /day depending on what continent /island you live on! :puppysmooze:
 
IMHO the original is much better, despite its hokey-ness. :friends:
 
Bit down today, missed my tea time meds yesterday & had rough night, despite sleeping pill :mcoffee: :groan:
I've never once ever ever regretted having a new knee, and i still think its the best decision i could have made, but sometimes the recovery time & walking the fine line between exercising, but not doing too much, really can be frustrating! :hairpulling: Hubby bounced into the bedroom this morning, eyes full of expectation that I'd be fine, normal, better. It's hard then to tell him I'm not ok today! :boohoo: I now understand the posts that tell of everyone around you expecting you to be fully recovered by now & because the scar has pretty much healed, shouldn't you be healed too? :headbang:
Sorry to be a grouch today, not feeling myself at all.... :sorry:
Hope everyone is having a far better day!! :puppysmooze:
 
Big hugs to you my Gorty friend... I'm going through this as well and its 10 weeks for me. I bet you friend who saw you shopping last week is thinking the same thing!

yesterday was tough for me and my knee is still recovering from its mini MU -A as well.

No one understands this, unless they've been through it. I'm getting bored telling folk it will take another few months etc etc, its so much easier to say I'm fine thanks, But I'm telling them so they realise that I'm not fine, in fact far from it.

the fine line is very fine indeed... hugs Alison, keep up with the crochet and Breadmaking - hope I dont see you for a drinkie later.... :martini: I'm already there, propping up the bar as usual. Yikes :yikes: got physio in 13 minutes! best get a wiggle on ! :heehee:

:friends: Fx
 
Poor you Alison,
I've never once ever ever regretted having a new knee, and i still think its the best decision i could have made, but sometimes the recovery time & walking the fine line between exercising, but not doing too much, really can be frustrating! :hairpulling:

I agree, you have hit the nail on the head.

Poor you, no matter how determined we are and how sunny and positive those blues sneak up on us when we are least expecting them and drag us under.
:tantrum:

I now understand the posts that tell of everyone around you expecting you to be fully recovered by now & because the scar has pretty much healed, shouldn't you be healed too?

It is a long road to full recovery and it all just gets a bit much at times.

Your new wool sounds glorious and your crusty bread delicious.

Have a quiet day, snuggle up with Loki and Jett and Godzilla and chocolate. Maybe a nice bath later?

Be kind to yourself. Hope you feel better later, or even sooner!

Sending a big basket of hugs your way and a large bunch of your favourite sweetly scented blooms, and a huge box of delicious choccys.
Pamper yourself and let your spirits get restored. I have messed up quoting your post but I am sure you will work it out.

Hang on in there, we are here for you,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :puppysmooze: :) :puppysmooze: :)
 
Hugs to you Alison! Sorry to hear that today's not a good day. I had one of those myself yesterday so I understand just how frustrating it is. I listened to my body, spent almost all day laying around dosing on and off and I feel so much better today for it! I hope the same is true for you. Take care of you today, enjoy several naps, each as much chocolate as you wish and only do what it is you feel up to doing.
((HUGS))
 
Hi Fernie I didn't want to feel left out, Gort looked overly masculine anyway, so has been replaced by pharaoh hound representing Loki, the completely daft! How are you, oh ground breaking trailblazer :bow: ? Managed to escape ODIC yet? :martini:
Toothfairy how is your ubend? Hope hubby managed to unblock it. Did you get to finish your new cardi?
I've finished my blanket!!!!! Hubby thinks it will look lovely in the conservatory. :yes!: :ok:
I'm hoping for a better sleep tonight, if I don't doze off in the next hour, then sleeping pill time!!!! :sleep: :zzz: :thud:
I'm out for lunch with my sister tomorrow, going to see Oblivion with the delectably oddball Tom Cruise at the cinema too. Will probably see me flying through the doors of the ODIC as a result! Make mine a stiff one!!! :cheers: :rotfl: :heehee:
Will catch up with you all tomorrow! Big hugs :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
I'll get a chair ready for you and a large g and t :martini:. See you later, :heehee: enjoy film... I do like a bit of Mr C....

I did wonder what the pic was, giraffe, cow, ah.. Hound! :rofsign:

Have a good day, take it easy.

Ill see what trail blazing tips I can share after work again today. Cunning escape planned for 12.45, :whistle:

Fx
 
Just catching up on las few of your posts - it must be the 4 week blues I too have been feeling like this - the initial oh you have had an operation is there anything I can do for you comments have been replaced by the oh are you not completely recovered yet it has been a month since your op! Even to my mum ringing on Monday asking if I had forgotten her phone number as I haven't phoned her to check up on how she is as its not like I've been doing anything!

I suggest we all have a cocktail evening :martini: and look forward to how we will be feeling after another month :)

jetthugger thanks for the explanation of Gort I love it I wish I had named mine now Mmm will have to think of a name - also love your avatar pic as you can see I too have the dog theme :)
 
Good morning Alison,
Hope you dropped off. I love your new avatar , must be new avatar season. I thought it was a picture of your dog.
I am relieved to say the plumbing crisis has been resolved with no dismantling or wrecking needed. Husband is back to his usual jovial self after a severe trip into the grumpy club yesterday.
My knitting is progressing well, sleeves finished and put in, bands knitted and hood in progress. I hope to finish the hood today but we will see.
Well done for finishing your blanket. That crochet hook must move at intergalactic speed.
Enjoy the lunch and film. I hope you are feeling much better today.
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :yes:
 
Thanks for your posts, it's really reassuring to know I'm not alone when on a down day! Feeling better today, lay in bed for an hour waiting to drop off, gave in, took sleeping pill & then waited another hour!!!! :doh: Finally drifted off, woke at 7am, took meds & snoozed again till 9.30, so feel ok.
Yes, TF, blanket finished, using leftover wool to crochet up a matching cushion cover, because my adorable Loki (as pictured, not a cow, pig or giraffe :rotfl: :heehee: :loll: ) tends to get amorous with my cushions, ending in chewed off corners & general unstuffing. Training him not to - its a work in progress!!!!
Looking forward to meeting my sis for cinema, she also wants to go for a meal afterwards, but I have put in a provisional raincheck on that as even though it seems like a good idea, Gort isn't quite up to activities lasting more than an hour or so. We shall see......
I agree Shortie that we are seen as being ok now, when in reality we're far from it!
Look forward to our cocktail evening! Make mine a dark & stormy!!! :martini: :heehee: :snork:
I know this may be an incredibly stupid question, but what does ROTFL stand for??????? :rofsign:
Soooo, will it be the hobo bag or another blanket when I finish my cushion today???? :what: Decisions, decisions!!
Have a good day/evening, wherever you are in the world! :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom