chatterz
member
Today I am 5 weeks post op and doing rather well. I am walking on the treadmill for 15 - 20 minutes every day and I've slowly increased my speed from 1.2 mph to 2 mph. I know that I need to walk without holding onto the handrails of the treadmill, so that's my next goal.
I'm enjoying my PT place. The employees seem to like each other and work well together, so the atmosphere there is positive. They have listened to my concerns and I'm not leaving the place overworked or in pain. The first 15 minutes are spent doing a slow manipulation of the hip joint to help with range of motion. I get ultrasound and a massage on the incision site since there is still inflammation and they want to make sure no scar tissue is forming that would limit my movement. I get a few exercises, but nothing that will hurt my knees and most of them stretch muscles. At the end I get some electrical pulses from a TENS machine while my hip gets iced. I find the machine interesting because my hip is still rather numb, so I only feel the ones above the incision, not the ones below. In the coming weeks, I assume things will take a turn toward building/strengthening the muscles.
I noticed that I haven't had to get up in the middle of the night anymore. I am happy that my bladder has returned to normal. Still sleeping pretty much on my back. When I try sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs, it irritates my other hip, so I can only do it for a few minutes. If I happen to actually fall asleep, I will awaken and find myself sleeping on my stomach and it's a battle to get the pillow moved and my body turned back over. It's rather comical when I think about it, but in the middle of the night it's frustrating!
I'm enjoying my PT place. The employees seem to like each other and work well together, so the atmosphere there is positive. They have listened to my concerns and I'm not leaving the place overworked or in pain. The first 15 minutes are spent doing a slow manipulation of the hip joint to help with range of motion. I get ultrasound and a massage on the incision site since there is still inflammation and they want to make sure no scar tissue is forming that would limit my movement. I get a few exercises, but nothing that will hurt my knees and most of them stretch muscles. At the end I get some electrical pulses from a TENS machine while my hip gets iced. I find the machine interesting because my hip is still rather numb, so I only feel the ones above the incision, not the ones below. In the coming weeks, I assume things will take a turn toward building/strengthening the muscles.
I noticed that I haven't had to get up in the middle of the night anymore. I am happy that my bladder has returned to normal. Still sleeping pretty much on my back. When I try sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs, it irritates my other hip, so I can only do it for a few minutes. If I happen to actually fall asleep, I will awaken and find myself sleeping on my stomach and it's a battle to get the pillow moved and my body turned back over. It's rather comical when I think about it, but in the middle of the night it's frustrating!
United States
That was a great story!! Glad that was not your xrays. Super excited for you that you got the all clear to drive and be in the pool.