Guest viewing is limited

THR Going bionic, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Going bionic, part 2
FOR YOUR GLOWING PRAISE OF BONESMART AND ALL ITS MEMBERS---TOGETHER, AND THAT OF COURSE INCLUDES YOU, WE ARE AN AWESOME GROUP!
 
Chatterz - Thanks for the update! Glad you're doing so well. Are settled in NV?
Nope. I was supposed to be moving this week, but I'm stuck in California until June. The beautiful condo I purchased in Las Vegas was vandalized by a tenant that the former owner had put in there. She apparently went a little crazy as she moved out of the unit. She engineered a water leak, put cement down the drains and superglued everything she could. So disheartening. We had to hire a remediation company to dry the place out and they will handle the reconstruction. It's a $30K mess and the insurance people have not given us the go ahead yet. I'm more than a little nervous about it, but I'm hoping for the best.
 
Yikes! I hope it works out well for you. Great hip update and best wishes :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Smokes! Water leaking, drains cemented, super glue all over, some people are so crazy some of us can't comprehend their behavior. Have you committed money already or is there a plan B that's viable? If things take a little longer, it's not the end of the world. Just take a day at a time and find things to be grateful for every day. You're on a solid path now. Keep us posted and best of luck!
 
Escrow closed in two weeks because I paid cash, so I can only move forward. The ex-husband bought out my half of the family home, so that's why I had money. The seller was dishonest which was most unfortunate. I would not have purchased this place had he been forthcoming about his tenant. My realtor has been most helpful, mainly because she feels guilty that I got tricked. She's probably concerned that I will sue her down the road, but that is not on my agenda. I am trying to stay positive. I'm lucky my lease here doesn't expire until mid-June. I will be getting an entire new kitchen that I will get to pick out. If the insurance comes through, I'll be able to get the wood flooring that I wanted. If not, at least I'll get new carpet - and in a color I like. It will be good. It must be. I am still looking forward to moving there, in spite of my run of bad luck.
 
When will the insurance Co. make a decision? Hope it all works out well for you!
 
Insurance company said that they'd have a decision by this Friday.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom