TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

I spent almost the entire weekend just sleeping. I was just totally worn out. I slept all day Saturday and then I slept Saturday night for a bit. I slept Sunday until 1pm when I forced myself to get up. I had to go out to the store. I came home after being put 2hours or so and fell asleep again. I'm more than 2 months ahead of you so I can't answer when it goes away!
 
4 week update- Been one month since surgery. Only have to take pain med at bedtime and I sleep through the night.
One more week of PT in home and then off to outpatient clinic. Hope I find a good one!
Flexion is 116, but my energy level is zero.
Hardest part is being patient. Can't stand long enough to cook dinner or bake Christmas goodies because knee and shin starts hurting.
Have learned that the Saran wrap trick is life changing, I have no patience and my husband has been the best!!
Reading the other threads are immensely helpful and keeps me going. Especially like reading about how glad people are that they had this done and this journey is worth it!
 
Can't stand long enough to cook dinner or bake Christmas goodies because knee and shin starts hurting.
I love the Christmas baking..for Thanksgiving I used just a plain wood bar stool so I could make my pies at my kitchen counter. Mine doesn't have a back so I can shift around while sitting or just lean against it. It worked great.
 
My husband mentioned something like that yesterday @PegGar16. He wants to get me sort of bar stool, but has wheels and will lock stationary for safety. Guess I could do that, prop my leg and let hubby be my sous chef :egypdance:
 
Oh!!! I want a sous chef! :giggle: My husband is having cooking lessons as I recover. We moved a chair into the kitchen/breakfast area and I sit and explain what he needs to do. I gt antsy and end up helping with the chopping, but we made a wonderful Tuscan Soup last night. I am proud of him for trying. He has been a trooper.
 
Nothing like teamwork! I'm lucky to have a husband that can cook:)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hear you all about not standing to long it feels like the blood is draining down your leg and then the Charlie horse pain at the back of the knee. It passes but pretty uncomfortable. I will 3 weeks post op on Thursday and it's still a roller coaster ride. Definitely don't have an appetite eating because I need to take pills. Yuck...
Thank you to my daughter she has been really taking charge and will get everything done for Christmas with my wonderful hubby.:tada:
 
You are a sleeping machine. Obviously your body needs that time to heal.

Even in my sleep I am uncomfortable.
 
Funny that you talked about your frustration in the kitchen.... I was thinking tonight as I cooked a full meal about those times when I felt exactly as you described. Now, it seems like it was just yesterday. When I was feeling it, it seemed like an eternity! I'm 4 mon out and doing most everything I want to. I still get tired easily and by late afternoon am ready for rest and / or a short nap, but the knee is feeling better every week. Hang in there. This time next year, it will all seem like a dream! :console2:
 
I tried to teach my 'dogstors' to cook but they just ate the uncooked food! No sous chef for me. I plan to attempt Christmas Dinner for about 10 or so people. I'm also going to make a big tray of my Irish dad's lasagne and deliver it to him 200 miles away. He used to make his own sauce but I'm going to use a jarred sauce. I don't think he'll mind.
 
Oh this roller coaster!! Having a down day. Only taking two aspirin per day and one pain pill at night. After surgery my appetite was good. Now I am experiencing the nausea and not wanting to eat. I am assuming the aspirin is taking a toll on my tummy, even though it is enteric coated.
Even though knee had improved I feel like at this point I feel worse overall. Could it be by 5 weeks our energy stores are just plain depleted? After 5 weeks of body doing it's work to heal the knee it is just depleted. :mcoffee:
 
I hope you are not getting sick. I think my immune system was toast after the second surgery. Got a Flu shot and was down for a week. I have to take all my pills with something to eat or I get nauseous.
 
Are you trying to take your aspirin with food? I am on two a day also and try to take them in the middle of my breakfast and dinner food so they are digesting with the food. I am sorry you are having a down day. {{{hugs}}} Can you take a day off just for you? :console2:
 
Yes I am taking the aspirin with food. Only have one week left until I can stop taking them, am tempted to stop now.
See my regular GP tomorrow. I have to see him every 3 months for my fibromyalgia management. Hope he will have some answers for me. I really feel I am just drained from all of it.
 
It's exhausting! I didn't have a typical recovery, but felt I was exhausted for three months. Then I went back to work and was still tired. Rest as much as you are able, even though it's boring, it's what your body needs.
 
Strength and stamina are two of the last aspects to return. I was exhausted when I went back to the classroom at eight weeks. I did nothing on Sundays after church except lie on the couch, ice, rest, and elevate.

It takes some time for your stamina and strength to return---but you will get it back.
 
Ah @Glamg1979 so sorry you are having a down day I felt like that yesterday this roller coaster ride is very annoying. I have one more xarelto pill tomorrow yay one less pill. I hope you get a good nights sleep so that you wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed. :fingersx:
I had a better day today but I had pt it went well but my knee is alittle warm and stiff. Praying it doesn't drain my energy again. :unsure:
Take care sending lots of hugs
 
Today was an "up" day on the recovery coaster! OS nurse called and recommended taking Zantac with aspirin. It worked! So hubby took me out to dinner, I was happy with a side salad and a few bites of his steak.
Saw my GP, did some shopping at WalMart (rode scooter) and then went to another store for some Christmas lights. Very interesting how you feel changes so dramatically day to day. Let's hope I am not a member of the ODIC tomorrow.
Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement ❤
 
:chillpill:Good to hear you've had a positive day. Relax and enjoy the evening now.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom