TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

I am so sorry for your heartaches. But sounds that all of you have each other
for love, understanding, support and encouragement. I also find the evenings
to be exhausting and painful. Trying to remain positive and patient through
everything. Not always easy to do but its only been 7 weeks tomorrow.
 
Also KNEE related, does anyone find by bedtime it becomes harder to lift their leg and bend it? Can do leg lifts and ride recumbent bike during the day, but come bedtime the leg is lead. 7 weeks Wednesday!
I think your leg (especially your knee) is just plain tired by the end of the day.
You could try more rest, ice and elevation during the day, as well as a session in the evenings.
 
Yes finding the more i am doing during the day my knee is not happy late evening and looks forward to the ice. i am so glad your daughter will be able to move in with you but still have independence its tough, I know i wished i could have taken my daughters pain away but its something they have to work out in there own time knowing that we are standing behind them 100% means a lot and helps them get through it.
 
Hi @newlybionic, I am doing pretty good and thank you for asking. I find that my activity level has increased but it is hard to pace myself. I overdo and then am near tears come evening. Got to find that sweet spot between not doing anything and doing too much. See the OS on Wednesday as well as getting xrays. At 8 weeks I am happy with the knee but still a long way to go to gain strength and stamina. Steroids wore off on left knee so now it is hurting again. Knee #2 to be done next summer, but don't want to think about it now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
I know what you're feeling. It's been two years for my right knee, but I just keep putting off the left knee. As far as finding the sweet spot, take a rest between tasks or jobs. I found that my back gave me more signs than my knee.
 
Just stopping by to say :reindeer:Merry Christmas!:reindeer: Thank you for all your support. :santa hug:

There is no way I could think about having another knee done. Six weeks is NOT enough time to forget. have a blessed evening.
 
Awww how sweet, thank you!! I agree the support is priceless!!
I need to get it through my thick head that I am not at 100% yet. Past two days I have pushed on as if knee was normal. Paying for it big time!!!! I do not care for this "I overdid it club" at all.
 
@Glamg: your numbers are great!! I'm only getting 122/0 and 120/0 and that's after a week in a rehab and 8 weeks of outside pt that is 2 hours long and 3 times a week. When we push ourselves (or allow others) too hard, we end up stressing, inflaming and swelling our knees and then have to take several days off to let them heal. Actually I'm darned JEALOUS of your numbers. Looking forward to lunch.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Glamg, from another thread---Apple Pie Moon Shine is very good, I tried it a couple months ago:) And I found Bio-Oil at Walgreen's. My PT recommended it and it also works great when I am messaging my knee and the sensitivity.
 
Thanks @PegGar16! I found some Bio Oil at CVS, been using it for about 10 days.
Hope you are doing well!
Merry Christmas!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Had a great Christmas. All three children and 5 grand babies made it that way. Saw OS on the 23rd for 8 week check up and xrays. Don't have to go back for a year, but there is that pesky "other knee" that will be done in March.
Definitely overdid it during Christmas, as I am sure most of us did! Today on couch, leg elevated and iced to reduce the swelling. Was having so much fun I didn't notice my knee but it is reminding me of it's cranky self today.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
I can understand your not being able to decide on getting the other knee done yet. I think the time to go ahead with it is when you get to the point of saying "This is enough. It can't go on like this" - and that feeling is greater than the apprehension you feel.
 
Hi Glam,
Just peeking in to say hello, and although I haven't posted for awhile, I've been following you. I'm thinking of having my left knee replaced this spring too. I think it might be better for me during warmer weather.
Sending hugs,
Julie
 
I'm glad you enjoyed a hood Christmas. I'm sitting here trying to fall asleep since I have work in the morning and both knees are angry at me. I just can't get either of them comfortable. I'm tired of my old knee bothering me but the new one does too. I think right now for me it's an impossible decision for me to make. Which is worse the pain in my new knee or old knee? :chinstroke:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom