TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

Hello, just wanted to check on and let you guys know my knee is doing much, much better. No walker, no crutches needed anymore. I do have a miserable head cold though and haven't felt like doing much of anything.....even posting on here
Staples come out tomorrow!
 
Glad to hear your getting around much better now. I'm sorry to hear about your head cold. That's the worst. I hope you get some sleep tonight.
 
Hi, sorry to hear you have s cold. At least your knee is doing well. Are you able to sleep, hope so. You must feel pretty tired between healing the knee, and the head cold. Rest as much as you can, stay warm. Hope you feel better soon.
 
I am sorry you have a cold! Good news on the knee though. Drink lots of hot tea and honey.
 
Staples removed yesterday..... Ouch! It was quite uncomfortable, had to make the nurse stop twice just so I could have a breather :unsure:. Right knee was and is still numb so staple removal was no big deal. New knee not really numb so figured that was why staple removal was so ouchy!
Head cold clearing up...hooray!
Was my birthday today, got spoilt real good. Favorite dinner cooked by daughter and grand daughter helped her mom bake a devil's food cake.... Yum!! Looks like my birthday present will be a new car. Loaned our 30 year old son my car while his was being repaired, he got cut off in traffic and now my car is totaled. Thankfully no one hurt, but I loved my car!!! :bawl:

Given OK to start aqua therapy next week. Really looking forward to it.
 
Happy birthday! :flwrysmile: :cheers:

I'm sorry to hear your car was totalled, but glad your son wasn't hurt. What sort of new car will you be getting?
 
I also love the nod and sure---j10 times is too much for any exercise right now some of these PT's need a refresher course in TKR recovery.
 
Happy Birthday! I'm glad your son wasn't hurt in the car accident. Hydrotherapy sounds s o good to me. I'm going to check tomorrow to see if my OS office which is one huge building with PT has it. Did you have hydrotherapy with your first knee? I thinking that my old knee would probably prefer it since its been doing a little complaining lately.
 
Thanks Marion. Did not have hydrotherapy with the other knee, but have had it for my fibromyalgia pain. OS was very receptive to me trying it and felt it would be easier for me to be compliant.
Found a Dr of PT that does one on one sessions in a 90 degree heated pool and is just 10 minutes away.
 
Aqua therapy sounds great! I swim in the summer, but last summer I never quite got used to the cold water. It made my knees ache, both new and natural. But I'm planning on joining the local Y which has heated and therapy pools once I retire. I'm just too pooped to swim when I'm done with school.

So sorry to hear about your car, but at least your son is ok. He must feel awful! I just bought a new car last June after having my last one for 12 years.
 
:loveshwr::loveshwr::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:HAPPY BIRTHDAY:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::loveshwr::loveshwr:

I am sorry about your car, but like others, glad he was not hurt. Just think....you have plenty of time to surf the 'net and look for a new car while you heal! :friends:
 
:beer: :curtsey:Happy Happy Birthday so glad you are being spoiled rotten. I am also so happy to read that the new knee is starting to behave. :cheers:
 
Happy Birthday ! Thank goodness your son wasn't hurt in te accident. Cars can be replaced. I have had 2 Toyota Prius's, great car & terrific on gas, 50 mpg!!! That hydrotherapy sounds so good. I'm still working on getting into a tub with warm water. My knees aren't bending that we'll, hope it improves real soon.Msuybe I need to ice and elevate more. Try to do it twice a day, sometimes I have trouble fitting it in. How's the incision looking now that your staples ate out ?
 
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was a very nice day.
My car was a Hyundai Santa Fe and it was a great car, low mileage, 12 years old and had never given me any problems. Gonna miss the ol'gal. Not up for car shopping right now.
My incision looks great and is already healing better than the first one.
Had in home PT today and have 3 more sessions until I can start in the pool. This therapist was the best one yet. She explained what was happening to the knee during the healing process and stressed not exercising to the point I am cringing and grimacing in pain. If the exercise is painful then our muscles tighten and guard and that can cause the tissue to scar. So our session was effective but gentle exercises.

Wish there was some way around taking the aspirin, stomach getting queasy. Taking with food and milk, now going to try taking Prilosec.
There is an end in sight......that keeps me going!
 
I took aspirin twice a day my first time around but it did do a number on my stomach too no matter what I did. I would up going to GI doc and I was put on Protonix and Zantac both twice a day until I stopped taking it. Hopefully the Prilosec helps you. I have a Hyundai Tucson which is the little brother of your car and I love it. I'm sure you'll be able to get a new car when you're ready. It's amazing how different every PT can be. I'm glad you found her.
 
How have you been doing? I hope your stomach is handling the aspirin ok. Are you still getting around well too?:sneaker:
 
I am doing pretty good Marion. I think the Prilosec takes a few days to start working but I am caustiously optimistic that it is helping.
My pain level is really low. Just need something at night like Tylenol ES. Like you my energy is almost nonexistent. My knee is doing so well I have to remind myself that it hasn't even been 3 weeks since surgery and that is why I have ZERO energy.
Glad you are catching up on your sleep!
 
What is energy?? :) they have had me on omeprazole twice a day since the first surgery. It does help.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom