TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

I hope all is going with with the new grandson and your new baby knee!

Did your OS write a script for the pool therapy? I was wondering what the wording was on it. I just got the basic strengthening and ROM for PT.
 
New grandson is doing very well. Was a little jaundiced so he had to stay in the hospital another day. Home now and his big sisters, ages 3 and 5, can't get enough of him. We are going to visit tomorrow.
I started water therapy today and it was wonderful! Therapist worked with me for 35 minutes and every move was very easy. I was exhausted when I got out of the pool and it took some effort to drive home and had to lay down for about 30 minutes while I iced and recovered. I am so excited about my therapy because I know I will be compliant. So hard to face the clinic/gym setting because of my fibromyalgia. My therapist's mother has fibromyalgia, so she was very knowledgeable and understanding.
My OS put the phrase 'OK for water therapy when wound completely healed' on my script. Also ordered strengthening, ROM, balance, comfort measures, etc.
Maybe your OS could fax an order to the therapist stating water therapy OK.
Hope this helps!
 
Thanks for the info. I have six weeks before I have to go back to work and I figured I could get some stamina back without burning out my old knee.
 
Hi! I am just catching up. Congrats on the new grandson!!!! I love his name...I have a Christopher Michael (son) who was 7lbs 19 3/4 inches...funny similarities. Can't wait for mine in September:)
 
Thank you @PegGar16! I think those two names are strong good names . Michael means 'of God' and Christopher is 'of Christ'. I was thrilled that DIL wanted to make him a Jr.
Hope you are doing well. You will be more than ready with strong knees for that new grandbaby :loveshwr:
 
:sneaker:How are you doing? Are you enjoying the pool therapy. I hope your new little grandson is doing well.
 
Hi, I love the pool therapy!! Easy to do the exercises and I have a very nice therapist and we chat away during my sessions.
My knees are great, but my energy level is really low. I have to keep reminding myself I have had 2 major surgeries in 5 months and the last was just 6 weeks ago.
Have that dreaded aching in my legs when I lie down at night too.
My knees feel so good I want to get out there and enjoy life a little more..... but I get so tired :sleeep:.
This too shall pass with time. How are you doing?
 
That tiredness is driving me crazy too. I have water therapy in a class just once a week. PT might discharge me at the end of the week so that will be the end of the pool. I got a reduced membership for the gym that owns the pools so I can take some classes in the pool then. I've got to be back at work in a month so I'm not sure whether to push myself harder or not so I'll be ready for those ten hour days. Sometimes I wish I could just retire.
 
My knees are great, but my energy level is really low. I have to keep reminding myself I have had 2 major surgeries in 5 months and the last was just 6 weeks ago.
The stamina is one of the last aspects to return after a TKR or a BTKR. I found it frustraing at times, but it ever-so-slowly subsided.
 
Good morning! I just wanted to stop in and see how you were doing. I hope things are well with you, your daughter, and the grands!
 
Hi there @Timetolive! I actually had my 8 week post op appointment this morning and x-rays looked picture perfect. My legs feel great and still working on my stamina. Will continue with aqua therapy once a week for the next 6 weeks because I love it. Has helped me a lot.
Daughter doing very well and so are the kids. New grandbaby turns 1 month tomorrow and there is another due in August....I am in baby heaven....sigh.
How have you been? Is it getting hot where you are in NC?
 
Congratulations on the new grands! What a blessing.

Hot in NC??? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: It was 90 degrees today!!! This has been the strangest Spring/Early Summer. Would you believe I had a fire in the fireplace at the farm on Monday?? It is the my only source of heat in the room I work in. What kills us here is the humidity. There is no way around having BIG frizzy hair here. :yikes::yikes:

Ralph is doing ok. He is still swelling when I am on the leg for any period of time. I guess it will eventually stop. That makes for a stiff knee, although I am walking and doing most everything I want. The diverticulitis has been a difficult problem to figure out. Still making the rounds of doctors and testing for that. One day.....life will be more normal.:bored: I am blessed beyond measure though and thankful for my little blessings each day.
 
Great 8 week report. Wow another grand on the way? How wonderful. I got kicked out of my aqua group because I was doing too well!

@Timetolive The weather here goes from 30 some nights to 85 today. I guess the weather is crazy everywhere. I hope the doctors can finally find the answer for you.
 
Had a dental filling fall out and cracked a crown. OS prescribed 2000 mg (4 capsules) to be taken one hour before appointment. Does this sound like the right dosage?
 
Oh no! I am sorry about the crown and filling. 4 capsules of??? I take 4 amoxicillin before dental work - an hour before.
 
It depends upon which medication you took. 2000mg of one med is not equivalent of 2000 mg of another.
 
Sorry my mistake. 4 capsules (2000 mg) of Amoxicillin taken 1 hr before appointment. Guess it is right if that is what you take @Timetolive .
I am sick to death of all this medical/dental stuff.
 
I'm facing a lot of dental work soon too. I hope you can get it done and over with as soon as possible. I hate going for medical or dental work too.
 
Hi Marian! How are things going for you ? Won't be long until you have to return to work but sounds like the idea of you on your feet for 20 minutes and then resting for 10 will help a lot. Such a blessing to have supportive co-workers and boss.
My R knee, done in October, still swells but the L knee is doing really well. I wear a compression sleeve on the one that swells per my OS recommendation and it really helps a lot!
Went to lunch and shopping today with my best friend and we were out for 4 hours and 3 of those were on our feet shopping....yay! Felt like a major accomplishment. Am continuing PT in the heated pool 1 day a week for the next 6 weeks and then will join the pool for water aerobics twice a week.
Hate the dentist, have an irrational fear and I am slated to be in the chair 3.5 hrs this Monday. My dentist has worked with me and my phobia for over 20 years so fortunately I will be sedated. Dentist allows my hubby to be in there with me during the procedures and hubby has told me if I even wince or grimace my dentist backs off and administers more Novocain. Still my phobia persists!

.
 
I'm doing well thanks for asking. Still some swelling but no real pain at all. What a big difference with this knee. I tried a compression sleeve but I have some swelling or muscle of tendon tightness behind my knee which it bothers. Sounds like you're doing very well with going out and doing some shopping and going out to eat.

Hopefully the de twist visit will go by quickly and it will be behind you soon. It's great you can have do one within you during the procedure.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom