TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

Update: 3 weeks post op today. Pain almost non existent, same for swelling. Had so much pain in the beginning but now I am amazed at my progress. All that persists is the energy drain and it is a drag, literally. Sleep about 10 hours at night but my shower wears me out so I have to rest again. Up for a few hours watching TV and then it is nap time.

Family birthday gathering here last Sunday and family took care of the food, etc... I was having such a good time that I joined, again, the ODIC. Everyone was still here but I had to lie down, all of a sudden I was dizzy, shaky and nauseated. Could feel it coming on but ignored the symptoms......oh well, loved having everyone here!
 
I'm sure you enjoyed your trip into the ODIC! Sometimes, it's worth it, but not if it becomes a habit.
 
Good to hear you are not having anymore pain. I was truly amazed myself when I felt so much better after a week. It sounds like you were able to enjoy your birthday gathering that a short visit to the ODIC was well worth it.
 
Wonderful to hear your good reports! Sooooo glad you are getting along well. Second time around you know what to expect and have a better idea of what is happening and why. You're doing amazing!!! Keep it up...literally! :heehee:
 
How are you doing? I hope all is going well for you. Is your pain still minimal? Amazingly mine is but that energy drain has hit me hard.
 
Just catching up on your thread. Glad you're not in pain, and hope you're recovering from overdoing it. It happens so easily, doesn't it? Thinking of you.
 
Pain is still minimal, thank goodness! But the energy drain is bad. As you and others can probably relate @newlybionic, it feels as if I have been down for 6 months. Sick to death of not being able to pull my own weight or getting out for a day with friends and shopping. Having a bit of a struggle with the post op blues right now.
Am hoping that getting a new car this week and getting out on my own for hydrotherapy will help.
Going for blood draw today to check thyroid hormone levels since it has been about 5 weeks since Dr upped my dosage.
Whoopee...... another chance to get out of the house. :thumb:
 
I'm sorry you're feeling down and tired out. That energy drain sure loves to linger for ages, and you've had a double dose, with two knee replacements in less than six months.
That's bound to have taken a lot out of you - no wonder you feel drained. :console2:
 
Hang in there. Focus on one little thing you want to do each day and try to do that. Accomplishing little things can lead to a feeling of satisfaction too. We can't do everything we want each day, but we can enjoy little blessings each day. You are prayed for and loved.
 
The energy drain was very strong for me too, still is. Having two TKR's in 10 months did a job on me. Yours were even closer together. Timetolive is so right, just focus on accomplishing one thing a day for now. You'll get your strength back eventually. Sometimes just a shower and doing your hair is all you can manage for the day, and that's OK too. Glad you will be getting to hydrotherapy soon, that sounds so soothing. They never recommended for me. Need to be satisfied with warm baths. Getting in & out of the tub is a major event for me!!! Our house was built in 1930 and years ago we had one of those nice,deep tubs put in. Didn't realize 30 years ago how hard it would be someday to get in and out of it. Also getting that thing filled with reasonably hot water is a challenge. Great once I'm finally in there☺☺☺☺.

Hoping some of your strength returns today. Remember that every day is one day closer to be back to your normal self again.
 
Hi @Glamg1979 ! I know the lack of energy is a drag. Hopefully now that you have had the second knee done you will be able to recuperate all the way. Seems like I start to get feeling good and not needing to nap after a couple of hours of work and I end up with another surgery:) And being home-bound gets old really quick. I have a "field trip" planned for Friday night...going to the Phoenix Botanical Garden to see the Bruce Munro Sonoran Light Display. I made sure they got me a wheel chair when I had the last surgery just for this. Have fun car shopping and the hydrotherapy sounds great.
 
Hello everyone!! My new grandson was born this afternoon (he is perfect!) and I am exactly 4 weeks post op today. We spent about 3 hours at the hospital ,2 hours sitting in waiting room and one hour at the new momma's bedside. Mostly was on my feet with some sitting but no propping up or elevation of leg.
Knee is now reddened and warm to touch. Am I right assuming my knee is just angry because this is the most I have been on it since the surgery?
 
Yup. Your knee wanted to be up the way it likes it but I trade a hot swollen knee for a new grandchild any day! Congratulations!
 
Thanks!! I was so excited and couldn't miss seeing him "just born". Thanks for the prompt answer, I kind of figured that was the reason. Leg is not swollen or tender.
This was grandbaby #5 and #6 is due in August. Think I need to start Christmas shopping now!!
 
Better start saving now for all those gifts! I remember when my girls were young their best gifts seemed to be the empty boxes that they could climb into!
 
Congratulations!!! There's nothing better than a brand new baby! I'm sure you're knee is not very happy after all that standing. I hope it calms down soon. Can you rest tomorrow?
 
What a blessing!! There is nothing like a new granddarling! Congratulations. :roseshwr::roseshwr: Details! Name, weight, length, how is Mom, how is gram? What are the ages of your other grands?

My knee would get angry from sitting with it down - and still does! Try to elevate and rest today. I bet it will calm down.
 
Congratulations Grandma! How great that you were able to be there for your grandsons arrival. My grandson is 21 now and I still remember that first moment I saw him. Your knee will calm down again in time. Feels like our knees get jealous if we pay attention to anything else!!! Again congratulations, enjoy every moment with your new grsndson.
 
Knee calmed down today, but still aches. Guess that is to be expected.
Grandson is 7 lbs 19 inches of sweetness!
They made him a Jr. so his name is Michael Christopher, a good strong name!
Have assessment/evaluation tomorrow with PT and next week will start in the pool. More than ready and hoping it will help my stamina.
Thanks for the congrats.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom