TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

Hi! Happy you are feeling better! When you mentioned the stiffness with getting up all I could think of was how I appreciate the stiffness instead of the grinding I used to get before the surgery:) I hope the move is going well.
 
MY knees still feel stiff when I first get up in the morning, and they're 4 year old and 16 months old. However the stiffness works off after I take a few steps.
Mind you, i'm getting older and other parts of me, like my back and my neck, feel stiff in the mornings, too. :heehee:
 
Still packing! Official moving day is next Wednesday....ugh. Excited and dreading it as well :yes:.
Knee continues to do well. Swelling finally reduced to the point it is no longer uncomfortable, just feels like I am wearing a compressive sleeve on it. Still working on my stamina, hubby says I am running at about 60%. :bored: I'm impatient.
 
I gotta hand it to yah. I HATE moving at the best of times. To deal with it now--you are superwoman!
Have you figured out how you will get yourself set up, so you can sit/lie down/elevate and ice asap?:bath:
 
Good luck on the move! I know you are excited to be in your new place. Will you put your current house on the market?
 
Fortunately we are moving just 25 minutes away so bed will be set up first!! As well as my recliner. Have the luxury of leaving stuff behind and getting it later because the house we are leaving is a triplex we own and will rent it out later. Then will put it on the market For Sale.

First thing when in new house I will run disinfectant through the jacuzzi jets in the master bath so that evening I will be able to take a nice long bubbling soak ! Ahhhh......
 
Hi all, got my date for my second knee today. LTKR to be done March 29th. Almost 5 months to the day after RTKR.
Mixed feelings. Not thrilled but sick of my life revolving around these knees!
 
...
Mixed feelings. Not thrilled but sick of my life revolving around these knees!
I know exactly what you mean! You will be so happy when your left knee is done. My OS warned me that getting two new knees wouldn't make me sixteen again, but I'm not so sure about that- I feel pretty darn good!
 
This will be the start of your life without knee pain! You should be settled in your new place by then. Just think about how good that jacuzzi tub will feel when that incision heals.......:bath:
 
Yes--and at least you now know and can look beyond. Think of it. By the fall you will be out and about with no more arthritis to hold you back. Maybe even the recovery will be a bit more pleasant--you will be able to sit outside in the fresh spring air and sunshine and listen to the birds courting. I had an hour bundled up on the porch this past weekend--it was a lovely and unseasonable 62 degrees in New England. The sun did me a world of good! You have that lovely hot tub for the other days as timetolive pointed out!
 
Hi Glamg, I had my 2 tkrs done 10 months apart last year. I found the second time was easier. I knew what to expect and that made it a lot less scary. Also you have learned how to get around and knowing you got through it all once before is helpful. I'm still recovering from my RTKR done on Dec 7th. We can both look forward to the future and being able to do all the things we'd like to without being in pain.
 
GlamG: Did you move yet? I'm starting to get a nice tan on my scars. Still bright white on my cortisone circles though. Don't think they'll ever tan.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi all, sorry to be MIA for a few days. Finally moved into new place! Boxes everywhere still needing to be unpacked but they can wait. I haven't been this exhausted and miserable in years :dead:We do not have basements here in Florida so this new house is built on a concrete slab and both my legs and hips are really hurting to the point I am about useless. The house we came from was over 80 years old and built up off the ground and had wonderfully creaking but giving hardwood floors. Hope I haven't made a mistake :bawl:but am thinking and praying my muscles will soon adjust to these new rock hard floors.
Doesn't help that the move has thrown me into a fibromyalgia flare. If this persists I am going to call for an appointment with my GP next week. I feel like I have been hit by a Mack truck!!
 
Boxes can always wait. Take some time and get some rest so you can feel better. Use your new:bath: and take some time for yourself.
 
Get some anti-fatigue mats--I use them in my studio, which has a cement floor.
A life saver.
Congrats on the move, now take a real load off!
 
Rest my friend. You have been doing lots of things that were extraordinary for your new knee. I am sure things will settle down. You are exhausted. Does the hot tub provide you some relief? I pray your GP will give you something to make you feel better. You are in my prayers. Those boxes will be there when you feel better.
 
@Glamg1979 No rush to unpack--the rush always is to get out of the house:) Arizona is also "no basesments" for the most part. I have the one story ranch with the concrete slab and then tile on top. I have found that the memory foam rugs (from COSTCO) work well in the kitchen where I do most of my standing. The bedrooms are all carpeted with a nice thick pad, the rest is tile. Wearing nice thick (rubber soled) sandals is great for around the house.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom