TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

@Thesoutherncook I took your suggestion and have elevated my legs on 3 pillows and it has helped! Using the pillows differently than I did immediately post-op. I stacked the 3 pillows horizontal and let my lower legs bend at the knee therefore taking stress off of the lower back and quads. NOT a good thing to do early in recovery but being just about 3 months out I was comfortable with it. Works beautifully! No more quad pain!
 
Good morning. I read your post on the Depression thread. It is tough. Very tough at times. You want to get out and try to have a "normal" life, but the knees remind you that they are not ready. You are doing so good and always are a good supportive friend. Enjoy the good times, rest, and remember you are important to so many.
 
Have you read @Nana moon 27 's thread? I think she also suffers from fibromyalgia and has just recently said she's beginning to feel better, but it's been almost a year. It has to make recovery so much harder.
 
For me the fatigue from fibro has always been worse than the pain. I think it made my energy drain last longer or more intensely with the tkrs, but eventually it did improve.
 
I could be wrong, but I thought I read about fibro on her thread. Let me know if I'm wrong, just so I know.
 
Hi @Glamg1979 and @KarriB

Don't worry, it's an easy mistake to make. I don't have Fibromyalgia but the doctor and consultant both think I have mild CRPS. The consultant suspected it three months after the second knee replacement. I've now been referred to a pain clinic today. I'm just waiting for the appointment to come through. The nerve pain tablets (Pregablin/Lyrica) work great in the day but I do get tired very easily. The nights are not so good. Hopefully I will get some answers now.

I've read your thread and love that you try out suggestions made by others who have been through this journey.

You're doing so great, well done

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Might of been the mention of Lyrica, @KarriB because it is also used for the treatment of fibromyalgia. Appreciate the heads up though :console2:.
Thanks for responding @Nana moon 27, CRPS is no cake walk either.
 
I did nothing at all today but sit in recliner with leg elevated and got up to use the bathroom and shower. Deep aching muscles in operative leg are doing much better. My husband has achieved sainthood status :angel:, I can't believe how patient he has been with all of this.
Counting my blessings!
 
I am glad you got to take the day off. You have earned it. Yes, those husbands can really come through when you need them and surprise you too!
 
Pulling for you and sending positive thoughts your way. You have been so kind and generous when I needed help.
I second timetolive's support for taking a day off. Get some extra sleep if you can!
 
I am now 12 weeks post op today!! After 2 days of rest I am feeling much better. Think my knee was trying to get my attention and telling me to slow down.
This forum is always immensely helpful to turn to when I am blue and doubting myself.
My ROM is excellent, better than it was pre-op. If I over do I still swell but not as bad as in the early weeks. When I get up from resting or sitting there is some stiffness but that disappears after 3-4 steps.
My scar, not so pretty, but will take it in exchange for being pain free!
I still suffer from extreme fatigue some days but I believe that is mostly due to my fibromyalgia. Too bad a new knee didn't fix that :snork:
Making it to this 3 month point was a goal and next will be (hopefully) at 6 months and I can tell you all how wonderful I am doing :yes!: :cheers2:
 
I'm glad you're feeling better after taking a couple days of rest. You are doing well and I'm sure you will continue to do so.
 
I am right about the same points as you in recovery. My new knee, Nellie, is only one day older than yours. :) I am finding all the same things you just described. Also hoping the 6 month mark will be a remarkable improvement. :happydance:
 
How are you and your family doing? Have you moved yet or are you still packing? I hope all is well.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom