TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

@Glamg1979 Do you have a date set for the second knee to be done? I think I'm going to pick a date in March to have my revision done. Maybe we can pick the same date and keep each other company. I'm glad that you will have both done then. Hopefully by then I'll get my knee fixed and my other one will get a chance to get some rest and shots will keep it happy.
 
Yes I think March. Just waiting for a phone call from my OS office to schedule. I'm thinking late March.
You know I will be there for you 100% and we are going to be exceptional patients :rotfl:.
I like that cruise idea.....hmmmm....going to have to "float" that idea by my husband. We used to cruise a lot and we haven't been on one in 5 years so I would say it is long overdue!! We are two lucky ladies!
 
@Glamg1979 I will probably be the patient from he** if I don't like anything. :heehee: I know how a good nurse should be and I know this time I have very high standards for everything. After my blood tests come back I'll message my OS and try to set a date. I think I'll be better off having an end date to this mess. My youngest is a CPA and works lots of hours in tax season but I don't think I want to wait until after then. I'm getting exponentially worse every day.
 
Hi all! 10 weeks post op today. Pain in knee gone but of course still plagued with that pesky swelling. If I overdo I feel it more in my hips and lower back, think those muscles are still adjusting to being back in alignment the correct way! Left knee is bad and I feel it even more now that my new knee is so awesome!! Left knee hopefully to be done in March, Obama Care permitting <sigh>. Can't afford COBRA anymore at $2000/month.
Glad I did this but the recovery is no cake walk and it is still ongoing.
Just as reluctant to do my other knee but it is just getting worse. So it is inevitable.
Luckily I have no job that I have to get back to, but we recently sold some investment property and are in the process of buying a new house. Looking at a move within a month.....let the packing begin!!
 
COBRA payments are just totally outrageous. I looked into Obama care. You can get help paying for the premiums that make it much more reasonable than the total amount. Just be careful about the deductible amounts. There might be different tiers meaning you might be responsible for 6,000 + of out of pocket payments.

I hope all goes well with your move. Make sure you try not to overdo too much. Packing is a lot of work.
 
It is exciting to be moving, but a LOT of work! I wish I could come sit and wrap dishes or something for you. It will be a good time to purge! My goal for the year. I am glad your knee is doing better and I will pray for you and knee #2 AND for good insurance!!
 
@KarriB I can hardly wait! This home is just one level and no stairs to get in...hooray!!! We own(ed) apartments and many were two levels. I haven't actually been able to get up to them in years, so I have had to trust my hubby when he told me a unit was clean and ready to rent. When the first perspective tenant would go up to see the unit I would ask them if it was really clean because mine and my hubby's version of clean was different :loll:We are now down to our last triplex but selling it and retiring from being landlords after 30+ years.
Hopefully this is our last house. Master bath has a whirlpool tub and safety bars in the shower..... Sold!
 
A whirlpool tub is a dream of mine. That's sounds wonderful. I have no steps to get into my house from my car so I've been lucky there. Will your daughter move with you with her children?
 
Yes daughter and her two toddlers will be moving in with us. Daughter has a two year plan and has applied to nursing school. Should be an interesting few years, but she will be a huge help, especially when I have my 2nd knee done.
She is already a paramedic. Daughter loves housework (I know, right?) and is an excellent cook. It is a win-win situation. Added bonus will be all those kisses and cuddles with the babies!
 
That sounds like your daughter is doing as well as she can is preparing well for her future. My youngest loves to do housework too. It was great to have her around until she moved out a couple of years ago. When she comes home for a couple of days she goes through the whole house! I'm still waiting for some little grandkids. In the meantime I do have some grand dogs!
 
My house was never cleaner than when I had my TKR. My best friend cleaned/organized quite a few rooms and kept everything spotless.
 
@Glamg1979 fyi: your scar photo has been moved to the Badges of honor thread.
 
Your scar does not look bad and it will lighten up. After my ankle surgery I had and awful red line. It look a little while but I can hardly see it now.
 
:rotfl: Packing?? :loll:Not going to well. Have packed a total of 2 boxes, living room is now clear of all family pictures and knick knacks.
Babysat my daughter's two very active children, 2 and 4, on Friday and I am still
recovering. Daughter has one of those deep sitting, very soft couches and my quads are killing me :tantrum:. Looked at it though as a very good PT session and I need more quad work.:angel:
Cold front moving into N. Florida tonight, probable first freeze of winter tomorrow.
Really feeling it with knees and the fibromyalgia. But even though I'm sore I would not of been able to baby sit for 6 hrs a few months ago. I was very excited!
:wow:
 
I really dislike packing! Will you have movers come in and pack once you get the "valuables" packed? Those low couches are a true workout. What a blessing to be able to babysit those Grandarlings!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom