THR Glad to be in this side<

:roseshwr::loveshwr::yes!: GrannyC you have no idea how glad I am to read this....You really are progressing well I think a lot of things are normal healing but they don't tell us..... I too plan in a few weeks to cut PT for me it's cost more than anything but I was approved for 90 visits that's a bit much and I haven't been in 2 weeks cost and dad's funeral and all....Blab later
.. BTW tomato plants almost a foot high... almost lol
 
GrannyC... Hope all is well with you. How is your garden getting along. We have tomatoes but none ripening yet... Loads of squash and zucchini and the corn is tasseling so having to throw lots of water in it. Rain is in the forecast thankfully.
Can't believe I'm saying this, the theory is we get back to our lives... But I really miss letting the rest of the world turn and getting advice and comfort from my hippie friends.
I get the financial struggles but ...New hippies...be grateful for the healing sabbatical!
Sure hope you are doing okay:flwrysmile:
 
@Mojo333, @MyAussieGirl @Minnie15 Yesterday was my six week postop check with my OS. It went very well and he seemed very pleased with my progress. I told him that a couple weeks ago I started feeling a bit stiff after sitting and I wondered if it was something from PT. He said it was just part of the healing process and that I don't need PT. He said I'm still healing and it will just continue to get better and better. I asked about going up stairs normally and said I can't do it smoothly and I can sometimes feel it in my knee. Again he said feeling it in my knee is most likely really because of my hip healing and that doing the stairs normally will come in time.

I mentioned my hip feels tired after walking not that far but it doesn't bother at all after I get back home. I asked if I should be using the cane for the walk or just tough through it as it doesn't really hurt - just aches. He suggested carrying the cane along and use it if I felt I needed it. He repeated that it will all continue to just get better and better.

I don't need to go back again until six months and at that visit I will see the PA.

Other than that there isn't much to report. I feel great and love that there is no more OA pain. I'm trying to make sure I walk each day and will try to practice the stair thing each day now. My sewing room sets down one step so I can put a chair on top of stairs while I stand below the one step. Then I can use the chair back as support to step up one step and then back down. That way I can do it more smoothly and help strengthen that leg. They had me stepping up on a box in PT to practice this so very similar. I don't plan to return to PT now that OS verified that I don't need it. The therapists were good and not pushy but I'm not going back.

I still marvel at how wonderful everyone is here on the forum and I thank the Lord that I found the forum prior to my surgery because it has truly helped through this journey. Everyone is so VERY helpful and VERY supportive and I thank each and every one of you! You are the best! :loveshwr:

Granny sounds like you are doing great ! I had hip #2 same day as you so I follow your thread religiously! I am feeling wonderful today a tad sore as I pushed it a bit yesterday. Went swimming in lake, mowed front lawn ( small area) first time in 2 years!, and taught 2 hours of tennis lessons last night yep [emoji1303]

My goal after #2 on April 27 was to walk into my sons HS graduation cane free and pain free and I did it. And secondly to teach my summer tennis program for the 6th straight year ( last year it was brutal as I was in terrible OA pain) and I'm doing it !!

Thanks to great doctors and some awesome support here I was able to stay positive and accomplish both goals. And, I'm hoping it gets better and better as my hips are now 27 weeks/ 8 weeks old respectively. So let's keep it up one day at a time [emoji1319]

Have a happy OA free day!!

Chuckster


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@GrannyC I've been meaning to ask you about how many hours a day are you walking around even room to room ... cleaning ...just walking outside combined do you think you're doing about now? I ask kind of as a gauge to see if I'm under or over...Hugs and thank you.
 
@MyAussieGirl It's hard to say how much I walk around the house. I haven't been outside walking now for a few days. First, we've had so very much rain and then my husband's back is really bothering him so he can't walk so I've stayed home. I ride my stationary bike some days and other days I'm just working around the house. I spend most of the morning sitting in my sewing room but from about 11 or 12 until after supper, I am on my feet puttering around the house or out working in the garden. I know the in house stuff and garden aren't the same as going for a walk but it will have to do for right now. It is keeping me very active and quite busy.

I read on another thread that you are going to OS friday so I hope that goes well and that the results of all your blood work comes out as it should. You have come a long way and are doing so well. I think some of your aches and pains are due to the bad hip you still have. Once that is over and done with, you will be good as new!!
 
Hi GrannyC - so good to hear how good you're doing! I'm sewing and walking, but we've had so much rain! Today is another mean day. Oh well, just one more doll to finish before our trip and she's mostly done.

Keep on keepin' on!
 
@labanan I live in northern NY State and we have just been inundated with rain since early May. In May we got twice the amt of rain we normally get and June is looking to be similar. Last Friday was the wettest day on record! I imagine the rain goes right from my house to yours so I know exactly what you mean about the weather. Last Friday we had puddles in our garden even. Yesterday was sunny but today more rain :bawl:
 
GrannyC would you guess you're on your feet around 5 hrs or more daily? I thank you again and see my page I'm going to update
 
Things are going very well so there really hasn't been anything to report. I feel like I'm pretty much back to normal. I do still take the cane if I'm going for a longer walk but I'm finding I need it less and less. It has also occurred to me this week that I don't think I get as tired as I did before surgery. I know the pain from OS does tire you out and I thunk I'm just now realizing that I don't get as tired as quickly as before my surgery.

Happy 4th of July everyone!!
 
Happy 4th late to you too I am off and on but I went all day today no cane. My non operated side hurt as I covered much new terrain but hey we be cool yes :snow dig: lol I take that back
 
@MyAussieGirl I don't think I want to be that "cool" right now. I'm enjoying the sunshine the last 2 days after nearly 2 months of lots of rain. I'm not a big fan of the cold and snow and I, too, don't like walking when there is snow and ice as I'm afraid of falling. Your day out at the beach sounded nice. We didn't do much this past week as my husbands back has been bothering him a lot. It is gradually getting better now I think.
 
@GrannyC I am so sorry on hubby's back. I am like you though I loathe winter period and yes falls yikes!

It's been busy here we been to the beach 3 times now...Sometimes in my thread I do not tag I really don't like to but some want them so I think hope you never think I ignored you....We need more rain for the lawn yard and gardens but...beach time will be killed so I dunno .... Hugs
 
@GrannyC
Been a while since I caught up with you on here! So glad things have progressed well. You're sounding great!

10 weeks post op, can you believe it!
I'm feeling really good and strong too. No crutches now just take one in the car as back up. Can do the stairs well now which was difficult for a while.

Scar still quite tender especially when I lie on that side, so massaging the area.
Scar looks neat though!
I do find I feel like I'm sat on a lump at times, do you get that? Guess its normal scar tissue inside.

Little man doing well, two weeks left at school before the summer holidays.
Home life and my emotions still a little up and down but getting there slowly.

Take care x
 
GrannyC... Hope all is well with you and hope you're husband's back is better.
I've noticed as I've gotten older, I'm still good at putting fires out but can only handle one at a time. Tell him he has to wait till it's his turn.:heehee:
I asked my 21 year old sweet but high strung daughter to please not have any emotional crises... Boyfriend issues, work issues, etc.. until I am able to handle it.
I wonder how your hip is?
 
@Minnie15 It was so good to hear from you and know that you are doing well. It does seem hard to believe that it has been 10 weeks already since we went through all this. I am doing very well thank you. I'm not using a cane any more although I have been carrying it when I go on a longer walk just in case I feel like I need it. I feel strong again and actually feel that I feel less tired than I was before the surgery. I'm assuming being in pain took more out of me than I had realized. I can go down stairs ok but I'm still working on going up stairs smoothly and normally rather than step by step. I work on it each day and I'm not quite sure if my leg is a bit weak from not doing stairs normally for so long or if it is my knee. If I haven't improved much by the time I go for my next appt in Oct, I'll ask the OS.

I'll post a bit more on your thread. Take care. :loveshwr:
 
@Mojo333 All is well. I'm really doing great. Rains have let up some so I've worked on getting a few of the weeds out of the veg garden as well as my flower garden. It's amazing how well the weeds grow, no matter what the weather!! It sounds like you're doing great! I love the picture of you standing so straight and tall. I can't imagine how good that must feel to you! :yes!:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom