Guest viewing is limited

TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

Glad you got some answers. I know you feel better about things. :prayer:My heart goes out to you.
 
Well, after managing my all-day trip to and from Kansas City yesterday, I had another sleepless night. My IT band hurt again along with the inside of my knee. Sigh. The IT band honestly acts up the most when I am inactive and sitting too much which is why I think it's given me problems post-surgery. But, if I overdo and am too active, then the knee aches. Oh, to find that perfect balance. Today, I suspect, will be a rest day.

Oh, the roller coaster that is recovery from a TKR! At least I'm far enough into it to know that this too shall pass and tomorrow will likely be a better day.

Roxie
 
I am sorry you have been having difficulty Roxie. It is so true about the roller coaster recovery. Do you go to PT? I could not remember.
 
No, I have been released from PT, @MidwestTKR . Lately it had been doing better and I had been sleeping better. The OS said my IT band needed time to settle down because of the strain put on it by my pre-surgical knee but that if it didn't in time, he would send me back to PT. The pain on the inside of my knee is just normal healing pain. I think 7 hours in the car yesterday did me in. It will get better.

Roxie
 
@Kansas Teacher my surgery was May 18. I get tight bands around both knees (BTKR) and restless nights. Took a prescribed sleeping pill and slept for four hours last night. Still undergoing in home PT. How are you doing with your walking? Love to hear more.
 
Yesterday was a big day with a lot of travel and activity. I think it's normal to be sore and hurting the next day, especially as you said, 7 hours in the car with your leg down. What's the weather like in Kansas? It's a dreary day here in PA, would be a perfect day to rest, elevate and ice. Tomorrow is a new day. :SUNsmile:
 
Rest rest rest. Twas a long day for you yesterday!
 
It's not raining, @KarriB , but it's cloudy, overcast and very very humid. Yuck. @ptmhcm , I am walking about 1/3 mile three different times throughout the day. Walking feels good but I am trying not to overdo that as well. My ROM is good both on flexion and extension. I still have some of the tight band feeling around my knees but can tell that it is ever so slowly improving. I did a few gentle exercises this morning then took a short walk. Now I'm resting, elevating and icing. The story of my life.

Roxie
 
Seven hours - ouch! Reading your last post it sounds like you are doing really well.
Its lovely weather here in london.
 
I am doing well, @Hopper , and truly having a great recovery. But I'm a bit whiney today because I didn't get a lot of sleep last night! Sorry all.

Roxie
 
Unfortunetly I can relate! 5 hour car ride last Friday and 5 hours back on Sunday plus way too much walking.
I could hardly move on Monday, but of course rest, elevate and iced all day Monday and Tuesday and finally feeling a little better today. Hope all is well now for you, this is the best place to be whiney:tantrum2:.
 
Well, sheer desperation for sleep took me to the pharmacy last night where I bought some Tylenol PM. It helped! Now, I won't go so far as to say it made me sleep like a baby, but it did help and I feel better this morning. Planning on a good day!!

Roxie
 
Hi Kansas Teacher! Glad you slept better last night. Have you tried Melatonin? I just took a dose last night and it did help me sleep. Here's to us both having a good day!
 
Getting decent rest can make all the difference in the world!
 
@Kansas Teacher I take it now every night - Tylenol PM - 1 pill is a little to little and 2 pills I wake up with a hangover so I cut one in half and that does the perfect trick for me. I sleep like a log...... So hopefully it will still work AFTER the big day!!! I am glad you got some sleep!! Nothing like it!!! :alarm:
 
1/2 or 1 Tylenol PM used to knock me out. Now, I take 2 and still struggle to fall asleep. It takes me over an hour, minimum. I hope to go back to being a lightweight soon!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom