Guest viewing is limited

TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

Hey, @Kansas Teacher ! Guess what?! I've decided to retire at the end of this year! In November my PSERs report (Pennsylvania state educator retirement ) stating this was year 35 and I was eligible for retirement June 2016. It was like a switch went off, I was ready then and there. The school offered a decent incentive that will cover my insurance for the next 6 years. The countdown is on, 58 more days!
 
Oh @KarriB , I couldn't be happier for you! You'll love retirement. I have time to do my hobbies, walk, spend time with grandkids, travel and its all wonderful. You'll love it -- wish I lived close enough to come to your retirement party!

All is well here even though I've been pretty bad about not getting on bonesmart and giving updates. I guess I've just been living life and not thinking much about my knee. I will hit my one-year-anniversary on May 1 and it's nice to have the rough early months well behind me. I walk a couple miles a day, snorkeled on vacation, bicycle -- all without pain other than a bit here or there from the other knee. It doesn't even feel stiff anymore unless circumstances prevent me from being my normal active self for a few days -- then my knee reminds me that I need to get moving again.

I was reminded how grateful I am for Bonesmart and the warnings we all received not to do aggressive PT in the early days when I talked to a cousin. He had a knee replacement last fall and was still having a lot of pain just a month or so ago. Apparently, some very aggressive physical therapy had made some nerve damage worse and he said he had no feeling from his knee all the way down to his ankle. I wish I would have steered him to Bonesmart early on.

I'll try to get on here now and then and give an occasional update but , if I forget, just assume that I'm busy living my life. Best of luck to all of you. Take it a day at a time and it really does get better over time.
 
It's lovely to hear how well you are doing, @Kansas Teacher. :yes!::happydance::flwrysmile:
And it's great to hear that you have been busy, living your life again. That's what a knee replacement is supposed to do - give you back your life.
 
the warnings we all received not to do aggressive PT in the early days when I talked to a cousin. He had a knee replacement last fall and was still having a lot of pain just a month or so ago. Apparently, some very aggressive physical therapy had made some nerve damage worse and he said he had no feeling from his knee all the way down to his ankle.
This is what I fear for all the BoneSmart members who are getting abused in this way. And it's why I wrote this article about the worst of the worst PT: the seriously grave consequences of doing too much of it
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom