Guest viewing is limited

TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

I used them a lot in the month before surgery. Big difference! Yeah, definitely don't forget to unplug before driving off. :)


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
oh I have to chime in LOL - My dad was ill and loved getting out so I took him to Stop and Shop and he road in one of those carts - well you do have to go slow and watch out for people!!! He ran into a little old lady's grocery cart and I think she almost had a heart attack. To say the least- that was the last time I took him with me. I was mortified...... So be careful @Kansas Teacher!!! The only good thing is Cosco's aisles are a lot bigger than the regular grocery store.

@referee54 that is good to know on about the sleep front. I am already using Tylenol PM. I was using 1 pill and it was better for awhile but last night I took 2 because the two previous nights I could not sleep. I do feel a little groggy this morning though - waiting for that to clear.....
 
Well, now you've got me nervous again! I slept all the way through until 5 -- instead of 4. I was a little uncomfortable so I walked around a bit and went back to bed instead of to the recliner and then went back to sleep and slept until almost 8. That's a record for me.

Roxie
 
I am further along and I make it till 5:00 now fine and with no pain medication. That is mostly due to
my bladder, not my knee. I have gone as much as 4 days. I take them only as needed, but I would not recommend it to anyone. Always check with you OS and let your pain and need levels be your guide.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good for you @wberry ! I am still taking extra strength Tylenol and an occasional ibuprofen for pain. I take 1000 mg. of Tylenol right when I go to bed and it seems to get me through the night mostly.

Not sure I'm going to make my Costco trip today and, no, I didn't chicken out. But it's supposed to be 99 degrees this afternoon and I'm not too motivated to get out when I really don't need anything.

Roxie
 
I hate Costco! Tho, riding a motorized cart while eating one of those giant fro-yo twists sounds pretty good.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
First time is a bit tricky, but after that look out! I love it makes me feel like a kid.:heehee:
 
No Costco trip today -- it was so ridiculously hot I just didn't want to go outside. I rode my stationary bike for about 5 minutes -- no tension. Went up and down my stairs a few times doing things around the house and iced and elevated quite a bit. Husband will be home sometime on Friday and I'm looking forward to seeing him.

Roxie
 
Darn! I was wondering how the electric cart went : )
 
Well, after about 3 nights of better -- still not great -- sleep, last night wasn't so good. My knee was kind of achy on that medial side that tends to hurt and my IT band on the outside of my leg was hurting from lying on my side. Got up, walked around and kind of went back to sleep.

My husband is on his way home from Phoenix and should arrive tomorrow. I've kept busy and have been fine these two weeks but I sure am ready to have him home.

Roxie
 
You have done amazing on your own this whole time, and I hope you get a little pampering as a reward!
 
You've done much better than I think I would've done! It's hard to watch the world go by, but you just jumped right in there!
 
Thanks @KarriB . Honestly, some days were pretty long. Fortunately I have a son, daughter in law and grandkids who live nearby and I was able to spend a bit of time with them. I still don't really feel up to a big shopping trip yet.

Roxie
 
I wasn't very good at that before surgery!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom