TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

Your water PT sounds lovely. I'm having my pre and post op PT at the hospital where I'm having the surgery and they have a hydro pool there. I've been told that I'll probably go in the pool one or two days after surgery! That sounds good and bad!

Really enjoyed reading your thread. So pleased you've made good progress - especially doing the stairs!

Well done! :flwrysmile:
 
I think you will love the hydro pool @Raffs . It's warm and soothing and you can move so much more easily in it than on land. If it's like the one I went to, they'll use a waterproof bandage until your wound is healed enough to be sealed off. They told me that when they use it early on, it really helps range of motion!

Roxie
 
It's going okay @tigz ! I have been able to fix myself some simple healthy meals and my stomach is back to normal. I guess that confirms that my sweet husband's cooking did me in! That said, I miss him very much but he's having a wonderful time with the grandsons and our daughter and son-in-law. I think he'll stay in Phoenix through the weekend before heading back. I have been walking in 1/3 mile increments around our development, sometimes with a neighbor so I have company. Tomorrow, friends are coming over after PT with lunch for us all to eat together. Then Friday, my almost-10-year-old granddaughter is spending the night. It will be fun to have her here and she's excited too. I haven't been the Grammy I like to be for awhile because of my knee.

So all in all, I think I'm doing fine! Thanks for asking.

Roxie
 
It sounds like you're keeping busy and having fun!

How long of a drive is that?
 
Pretty long, @tigz . I think it's about 19 hours from Wichita to Phoenix. We don't mind a road trip though!

Roxie
 
Long drive! That would drive me nuts, especially since hubby hates to stop. :-)
 
@tigz , that's part of the reason I sent him without having him wait for me after PT was finished. My OS said we would have to stop every hour or so and walk around because of the blood clot issue and that would have waaay slowed that trip down! I will give him credit and say that he is much better at stopping than he used to be!

Here's hoping we both can sleep tonight.

Roxie
 
Rejoice! I actually got some sleep last night. I went to bed about 10:30 and went right to sleep. I did wake up at 4 but it was time to take another dose of ibuprofen and tylenol so I did and, low and behold, I went right back to sleep and slept until 7. Sleep is definitely underrated.

Roxie
 
Me too..11 to 6:30. Woke up at 4 and feel back asleep while debating a potty visit!

It's really been an every other night thing for me. Strange.

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
My husband says he wakes up during the night, and since he's awake, he gets up for the bathroom anyway, then heads back to bed. I guess he used to debate it but has decided not to waste the time.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Yay! I was released from PT today with an extension of 0 and a flexion of 120. I think the additional walking I've been doing around the neighborhood has helped that quite a bit. I really appreciate the fact that Tom, my PT, never pushes or forces anything when he measures rom so I feel pretty confident it's an accurate reading. Now it's just up to me to stay active and continue to keep the recovery going. Weird, but I was kind of sad leaving Tom. I wish I could clone him for all of you who have aggressive PT's.

Roxie
 
This is great to hear. I have been on PT on my own for 7 weeks, but after my last OS appt I'm back on for isolation work on quads without knee strain. So I went back to my non- pushy PT instead of the one they have at the center.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That is great news, Roxie!!! I know you will keep at it, you have been really dedicated to your recovery. I think one of the issues I have is due to my working from home - I am sitting on my bed with my laptop for hours and hours, and forget to get up and move!

It's so great that you really liked your PT. I adored my home PT, and I am looking forward to returning to my "old" place for outpatient PT soon - a great group of people. Too bad it clearly isn't that way all over.
 
I saw that, @wberry . It's really a bummer that you're having to go through this and it makes me sad. I'm glad you went back to the non-pushy PT. It would be nice if this would be a solution for you.

Roxie
 
also, totally unrelated, but I have had songs from "Chicago" in my head for weeks... every time I see "Roxie"!
 
Congrats!

I'll take your PT since you aren't using him anymore. My primary PT is OK, but sometimes I get the feeling she's blaming me for my knee not getting with the program!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom