TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

80s and humid here in Pittsburgh. Gotta admit I'm not looking forward to the last 9 days of school with hot humid weather, no air conditioning and 22 first graders. But at least we can get them outside.
The weather is effecting your mood, I'm sure. I was recovering during the Polar Vortex last winter, so it was very difficult to get out. Wishing for sunny days in Kansas soon!
 
I am sure you are right, @KarriB . The weather is definitely affecting my mood but I don't think it's just me. We have the radio on this morning and the morning DJ was talking about how depressing the weather is too. I think a lot of Kansans are feeling it.

No air conditioning at your school? Yuck. We did have air conditioning in the district I retired from last December and I really appreciated it because Kansas summers generally are hot and humid although this year is certainly an anomaly. I taught first grade too for a number of years and really enjoyed it. Schools here dismissed for the summer last week so I hope you can survive the last few days!

Have a great day,
Roxie
 
I'm a bit north of Baltimore in Maryland. We had a gorgeous weekend, today hubby is working, but made sure everything was closed up and turned the a/c before he left because it's supposed to get humid later and he knows it doesn't take much to get the recuperating wife cranky!

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
Roxie, I just looked at your profile and see you are in Wichita. I expect to be traveling there several times this year, as my company is partially owned by a company based there (I'm sure you can guess which one!).


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow, @JennyLynne , I don't know a lot of people who have travel plans to Wichita! And yes, I'm pretty sure I can guess who your company's partial owner is -- the one who basically owns the world! But, in spite of all the criticism of that company, they have done a lot of very good things in Wichita for which most people here are grateful. You will have to let me know when you are coming to town and maybe we can meet for lunch, dinner, etc. At the very least, I can give you suggestions of where to go.
 
Yes, THAT company! I was worried when they purchased a big piece of the company, but the numbers speak for themselves - they know how to make money!

Glad to have a new friend out that way! :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne , they certainly do know how to make money and have been very generous with it in the Wichita area. Wichita State University has been the beneficiary of a lot of their charitable giving along with Salvation Army, and many others. A lot of people may disagree with their politics but they are generous.
 
Would somebody please tell me again that the tight band-like feeling across the lower part of my knee is still normal at a bit over 3 weeks out? It feels like it is constricting my movement so much it's driving me crazy. I am elevating and icing frequently during the day and I don't see that it's helping a whole lot!

Roxie
 
At only 3 weeks, I would suspect that is normal. My knee has just started to feel like it's a real knee and not a foreign body at 6 months. Patience, grasshopper! You're doing great for only 3 weeks out.
 
It's normal. I still have it, but it's reduced. Tends to be a little more pronounced in the morning or evening. Gentle stretching and gentle massage helps.
 
Would somebody please tell me again that the tight band-like feeling across the lower part of my knee is still normal at a bit over 3 weeks out? It feels like it is constricting my movement so much it's driving me crazy. I am elevating and icing frequently during the day and I don't see that it's helping a whole lot!
Yes, it's normal!
Treat it like pain and keep taking your pain relief on schedule.

3+ weeks is still very early in terms of this recovery. If you can, think of the recovery journey as being more of a marathon than a sprint.
 
l think recovery sneak up on you,,twice yesterday l lifted my leg up on to the couch without using my foot lifter with out realizing it,I am at 5 weeks today
 
l think recovery sneak up on you,,twice yesterday l lifted my leg up on to the couch without using my foot lifter with out realizing it,I am at 5 weeks today

Isn't that a good feeling when you can do that? :)
 
Congratulations @sabbath . Impatient me is certainly ready for it to "sneak" up on me. We had more rain last night but yay for a beautiful blue sky and sun this morning although more rain is expected again tonight. Our yards certainly are nice and green.

Have to admit that I'm kind of grouchy today. I had trouble getting comfortable and sleeping well last night. Maybe after PT, I can take a nap!
 
Still mostly a blue sky although I'm starting to see some clouds start to roll in. Even my PT today was complaining about all the rain and how gloomy it made him feel. I told him to try combining it with a TKR and see how he handles that!

Good PT session today -- I really like my PT, Tom. My flexion was 110 but then he gently massaged it for a bit and measured it again and it was 112. Nothing forced or pushed -- just some massage. When I go on Thursday, he's going to have me go in the warm water pool and walk on the treadmill. That should be enjoyable.

Roxie
 
Jealous of that warm water pool.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Water therapy will be great! I'm jealous! The only good thing about our hot and humid weather is that it's heating up the pool water for when school is out. I'm a lap swimmer and do some walking in the pool as well. My PT used the treadmill for me to practice a better gait after years of limping.
 
Mine told me I really didn't need to use the water therapy because I was making good progress but I think he knew I kind of wanted to give it a try and he agreed that it would certainly feel good. So, that's the plan for next Thursday's PT. I'm kind of looking forward to it.
 
The VA therapist offered hydrotherapy to me, and I am thinking about taking them up on it. I have my annual exam next month, so I'll see about the referral then.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Back
Top Bottom