MUA Getting Back in the Saddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Alison
Sending you positive thoughts for your surgery tomorrow - hope that all goes well :friends:

Glad that you have an OS appointment soon so that he can hopefully resolve your residual problems
 
Well I get to the hospital this morning and they say they can't find me on the list :hissy::hissy: After some investigation it seems there has been some kind of "administrative error" and that despite calls from the secretary, attending the preop and being given all the instructions - I never made it to the list. So cancelled and back home again!

I am annoyed at being messed around as had made arrangements for the horses etc. but have to admit to feeling slightly relieved :what::what: as really wasn't looking forward to the pain on top of my knee issues.

Got to wait for a new date now ....
 
That sucks. Hopefully you will get it squared away.
 
Dear Alison,
What is going on at your hospital ? :shrug: Should I be happy or sad ? I'm sad, you were all set with your fears &
Now you will have to prepare all over again :hissy: How is your knee ?
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Diana - welcome to the world of the NHS :) Someone has made a mistake - but it was laughable when they tried to blame me initially:
- you should have gone to the day unit (NO it is overnight stay and says Admissions Unit as per this letter)
- you must have the day wrong (NO please read letter)
- We know nothing about your operation (Really?????? Is this why I have attended clinic, tests, signed consent form and had a PreOp Appt and a blood test, ECG, MRSA etc.)
- The secretary hasn't spoken to you (Really???? Did I arrange my own surgery date and PreOp Appt?)

As you can tell I am still somewhat riled about it. Mainly because of all he arrangements I had made for the horses, and the things I cancelled - but also because I wanted to tie recovery in with my knee. I have still not gone back to work following TKR and MUA/Arthriscopy as still in pain and now clunking - it is now 16 weeks.

At least I have an appointment with my OS on Thursday - yes the man himself :)

Had some horsy cuddles this afternoon .... I need them :SUNsmile:
 
Dear Alison,
I really can't believe they tried to blame you, & you had a letter with the date :headbang: Do you know if
You have to re-take all the pre-admission tests ? I sure hope not :gaah:
At least you got some horsey snuggles :puppysmooze: ( they really have to get a horse icon) :heehee:
That always makes you feel better.
Do you have your questions written down for your O.S ? It's very important to do...so you don't forget anything :scratch:
I do this all the time...saves me & the doctor time & I get all my questions answered. :ok:
Any plans for the weekend ?
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Well I sent my OS a list of questions when I emailed him. I am going to print that out and take it with me so I don't forget. Not that he has answered my email but I guess his response was for an appointment to see him and hopefully he will will verbally answer me :) I agree, it will be best because I have found in the past that he sort of bulldozes over me without listening. This is NOT going to happen on Thursday :no-fin:

No plans for the weekend ..... I was supposed to be in hospital :headbang: I am going to find myself something nice to do to cheer myself up. Maybe a little ride on Ruben ..... I definitely need something nice or I will mope about this all weekend :sad:

Have a lovely weekend Diana. Have you got plans? Anything nice? :SUNsmile:
 
Good morning Alison,
My plans for the weekend are Baseball, cookout,Baseball, cookout :happydance: work on Sunday. I know most
Folks don't care much....but, Our Boston, RedSox are in the play-offs :yahoo: It's like a big party..people are
Skipping work, drinking beer, eating greasy food. :cheers:
We are finally getting some much needed rain, we need it for the lovely New England foliage.
I hope you get to cuddle with your horsey babies & I hope your knee behaves.
My best,
Diana...."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile: :friends:
 
:gaah::hairpulling::hissy::headbang: I cannot believe it!! (chanelling my inner Victor Meldrew) - that you went through all this for a stupid admin error to stop your operation :yikes: I am speechless!!

I am glad that you have an appointment with your real OS coming up - hopefully you will get som proper answers this time from that big cheese

I guess the only silver lining is that your knee will have a little longer to recover before your gyn surgery
 
Hi Alison, I popped in to see how your surgery went! What a fiasco! I wonder if my OS secretary hasn't moved from Canada and started working for your OS. I call her "Miss Please leave Your ......
Why does it seem like everything is "Hurry up and wait" sometimes, and when one thing goes wrong so does every thing else? :sigh:
Do enjoy your beauties this weekend! We have to deal with about 400 pounds of moose meat!
Wanda
 
Hello Alison,
How are you ? Good I hope :) well I have some news that will cheer you up. We will be getting a :puppysmooze:
As soon as I can pin down one of my daughters we will try & post a picture. We are getting him next weekend
I told my :kittykiss: they have a week & a half to enjoy the peace & quiet :heehee:
Are you all set for your app. On Thursday ?
Have you been to visit your horsey babies ?
Last but not least, how is your knee feeling ?
Diana....."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile: ......picking up poop..... :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
Hi Diana. A doggie how lovely :):) Yes please post a picture as soon as you can. I love dogs! And tell those pussycats to enjoy their freedom as their lives will be changing for ever. You may find they become very jealous :kittykiss:
All set for Thursday. I have my questions ready. I just hope he is not going to be funny with me for causing a fuss :sad: I just need some answers.
An appointment has come through to see my Gynae Consultant on Monday. Don't know why I need to see her, I just want another date for my surgery! Maybe she wants to apologise??? Hopefully I won't be subject to any more examinations or tests :yikes:
Yes I have been seeing my horsey babies and I have had another couple of short rides on Ruben. Even a little trot! My knee is ok when I'm riding as there is no weight on it. Mounting is painful! I am doing plenty of poo picking but this is quite stressful to my knee. Did you know that each horse does between 10 and 20 poos a day? :spin::spin: This is because they have small stomachs. So plenty of work :shocked::shocked:
The physios have stopped pushing my bend :yay: and have been concentrating on scar massage only. This is because they are concerned about "instability" and making it worse - so they are waiting for the opinion of my OS on Thursday and then will review my plan.

How did the Boston Red Sox do? Did you have a good weekend?

Alison "Queen of the Poo Pickers"
 
Hello Alison,
"Queen" of the " poo pickers " :rotfl: :rofsign: I love it !!!!! I have kids who are tech smart, except when Mom
&Dad need something done :hissy: I promise by the weekend to have a picture up of :puppysmooze:
Maybe, if I offer a few dollars, they will remember how to do it :beg:
I guess you will be having back to back doctors app. I really hope you get some answers about your knee.
The Red Sox had a lot of problems last night ( walk of home run in the ninth, with 2 outs) :headbang:
They are playing tonight, you should here the words that come out of my husband :yikes: :yikes:
I will keep you in my prayers for your up coming app. :angel:
From 1 Queen to another Queen,
Sincerely,
Diana :friends:
 
Dear Alison,
Here is a picture of "Twix" named after a candy bar made from carmel
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Getting Back in the Saddle
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 213
Oh how beautiful :puppysmooze::puppysmooze::puppysmooze::puppysmooze: Absolutely gorgeous. Love the name - we have Twix in the UK too - and the caramel is just the same colour as your doggie. So who will be responsible for walking? House training? etc.

So pleased for you. A puppy brings so much love into a family.
 
Hello Alison,
I offered my youngest daughter $10.00 to get the :puppysmooze: so you could see him. My, how fast they
Move when money is involved :shrug: My oldest daughter & her boyfriend will train the puppy.
My husband & I both work nights, so I'm sure we will have him mornings. they just put a new dog park in
Our town. Twix will get his share of exercise, so won't my husband & I :)
When you go to your app. Tomorrow take a deep breath...& explain what is bothering you. I'm sure if P.T
Is concerned he will listen to you.
I hope all goes well at your app. :beg:
Sincerely,
Diana...."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile: taking things one day at a time.....
 
Thinking of you, Hope everything went well at your O.S appointment :)
Have a wonderful weekend,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Alison,
I hope everything is alright :) I miss you but, I understand taking time off from the forums. We are getting :puppysmooze:
On Saturday. Take your time coming back....I am thinking of you :friends:
Talk Soon,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom