MUA Getting Back in the Saddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Alison,
I am so happy you have an app. With your o.s :) in the mean time, don't let any p.t touch you :no-fin:
Cancel your app. With them until you get to your doctor. Is it painful when you move around ? I would
Think if it was loose, it would be painful. Maybe the surrounding muscles are just weak ?
I will say a :angel: for you, that this is not a serious problem. You really have been through so much,
I hope things slow down & you can just recover in peace. :)
Sending :console2: your way,
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile:
 
Thank you for your best wishes and thoughts everyone. I am definitely in more pain when I walk and I'm getting some nasty stabbing pains at rest too, going down my tibia. The clunking is loud enough for others to hear it :yikes: The pain when I walk is on the outside of the knee and also below and under the kneecap.

Anyway, I must stop speculating and reading up about aseptic loosening .... because I am just scaring myself stupid into thinking my OS will want to do a revision. And the thought of going through all this again so soon would just about tip me over the edge :beg:
 
Dear Alison,
Where are you? I am at a high tea all by myself, being refined & genteel. I feel my old self coming out :yikes:
I can't do this any longer, I am slipping into the mud pit I miss my " warriors" & Y&M from Y.M.C.A fame.
I don't care what anyone says. I just got out of work & need a piña colada & a back rub :egypdance:
Genteel & refined can only get you so far, I need some attention from the men around here :rotfl:
Diana.....queen of the mighty, mighty, " warriors"......mmmmmmm" warriors" :yahoo: :yahoo:
 
Hi Alison,
How are you today ? Good I hope :) you will not believe what I am doing today. My darling sweet daughter
Caitlyn ( who is never home) is looking to adopt a puppy from Arkansas ( down south ) she has a lady coming by
To check out if our house is O.k for the dog.
I have been scrubbing floors :shocked: scrubbing cabinets :yikes: I don't clean this much when people come over,
Never mind a puppy :hissy: the dog will probably rip up my rugs, **** on my floors & who knows how my cats will
React :kittykiss:
I need a back rub & a :martini:
Talk soon,
Diana.....all this for a :puppysmooze:
 
Hi Diana
How lovely to be getting a puppy :puppysmooze: I think its really exciting, you must post a picture when the doggie arrives :) As for the cats, you may find they are rather upset by the new arrival and you need to protect the puppy from them! Our cat became rather nasty when our dog arrived and was very quick to lash out with those claws on a little doggie face :yikes: Somehow you always think it will be the dog getting the cat but that is not the case - your puppy will want to play and the cats will not!
You be careful with all that cleaning :) don't hurt your knee :no-fin: and yes, the puppy will make a mess anyway! The main thing to be concerned about is places indoors and outdoors where the puppy can escape or get out.

My knee has been painful today. I had to sit for 2 hours at an "education" session at the gynae clinic learning about my forthcoming operation. Ugggh :yikes:

I need the warriors and a pina colada :cheers:

Take Care
Alison
 
Dear Alison,
I know you have OS on Thursday...when is your Gyno surgery ? Do you have to do stirrups :shocked: I hope
Not for your knees sake. I believe we both need a :martini: & some horsey time for you, my dear :yes:
Is your surgery " day" surgery ?
Thinking of you, my little sun beam :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
The Gynae surgery is on Friday 4th October. Pelvic floor repair!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: My boys were both forceps deliveries as they were both in the back to back position and were 9 pounds :gaah: I blame them for this :)
Yes it will be stirrups unfortunately and my knee will not like that :hissy: I will have to stop in one night I have been told but hopefully home the next day. Spinal anesthetic with sedation so I don't intend to know anything about it!

I tried to appear normal at the session today but after 2 hours on the chair my knee was throbbing and I could barely put weight on it and hobbled out the room :cry:

Thank you for thinking of me :SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:
 
Alison I had a hyterectomy with a pelvic sling put in. Is that what you are having done? So far it's been good for me. I had some issues after my surgery but now 5 years later I have no problems.

Robyn
 
So glad you have no problems now Robyn :SUNsmile: The first few weeks are awful though aren't they! I actually had a hysterectomy 10 years ago with no problems but it would seem this left plenty of space for things to move around :yikes: So I am having pelvic floor repair and a bladder sling! I am hoping it will not be too painful as coping with that as well as my knee issues is more than enough!

I have delayed it twice because of my tkr but my knee problems don't seem to be going away any time soon so thought I would get this other thing over! Not sure if this is the right decision - will let you know after the op :umm:

Thank you for your encouragement :)
 
Hi Alison
The photos of your babies are beautiful - it must be great to have them to look forward to. I am feeling guilty as I have had the cats shut out of my room since June as they tend to race up the stairs and jump on my knee or leg - I wish I had lap cats who would trot in and settle next to me :kittykiss::kittykiss:

Sorry to hear that the rehab team are still causing you pain - perhaps you should follow RestAssured ´s example by giving a practical demonstration of how much it hurts (I think she hit the PT) :yes!: I think by now I would be asking myself whether I needed to try a different physio approach. I am sorry that the gynae problem means that you will be having another surgery - are you sure that your knee is up to it?
 
Hi Alison

Sorry to hear that the rehab team are still causing you pain - perhaps you should follow RestAssured ´s example by giving a practical demonstration of how much it hurts (I think she hit the PT)

No one, not a PT a bystander or anyone else should be allowed to cause you pain! :yikes:

You may borrow my suggestion if you wish! :wink:

A PT at a former clinic was sitting on the end of my table, and I had my leg "slightly" bent. She was talking to another PT when all of a sudden WHAM she slammed her body weight backwards into my leg and I screamed! I reached forward and promptly slapped the the back of her head! :yes!: She screamed, and said "that hurt"! I said "so did mine"! I asked for my walker and hobbled out of the building set on finding a place that would treat me with respect! :happydance:
 
Sonja I am tempted to follow your advice! Unfortunately I was lying on my tummy today and she was digging her fingers into the back of my knee so I was not able to respond appropriately although I did have a very strong urge to kick out :)
I am so confused at the moment as I am getting such conflicting opinions about why I am in pain and "clunking" so I am just waiting until I see my OS on Thursday afternoon in the hope I get some answers.

puffin I have tried different physio approaches and I just don't know what to do for the best. I feel I am going backwards! As to whether my knee is up to the Gynae surgery, it probably isn't but if I am at home still rehabbing my knee then I might as well get it done. I have delayed it several times and it is getting embarrassing, the Gynae Consultant always asks after my knee :) Just hope I can get it in the stirrups - perhaps they will have to wait until I'm asleep and then jam it in :yikes:
My cat also jumps on my leg and it really hurts so I can understand you shutting yours out the room :gaah:
 
Hello Alison,
I wanted to wish you good luck at your O.S app.tomorrow :) hopefully it will ease your fears.
Boy, you have a sneaky P.T, she get's you when your not looking :yikes: maybe you could tell
Your doctor how therapy is really hurting you.
Thinking of you always,
Diana...."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
Thank you for your best wishes Diana :) I will let you know how it goes!
Yes, the PTs from the Rehab Team are very sneaky .... and they always write "Alison consented to treatment" on my notes. Not that kind of treatment I didn't :yikes::yikes:
I have had a very special day today .... I have ridden Ruben :happydance:He was such a good boy considering he has been a field ornament for so many months, I was so pleased with him. Bit painful getting on today but once I was on I felt very comfortable.
Hope you're having a good day .... how is your son now? Any news?
Alison .... a June Sunbeam :SUNsmile:
 
Good luck tomorrow at the OS. I hope things go well. As for the PT...that is awful. I think I would have made a comment to the office manager or someone in charge. If you don't want them to do something or are not consenting to something they are doing you should not have to endure it.

Maria... a June sunbeam :SUNsmile:turned ODIC president.:doh:
 
Alison I had no pain with the sling the only thing was I couldn't go the bathroom on my own so I had to come home with a catheter and had to have that for 2 weeks. Don't know if it was the hysterectomy or the sling. I am doing great now though.
 
Tweet25 Eeeek I have been warned about that. Evidently it is relatively common after a sling. My hospital said they rarely send anyone home with a catheter any more - they teach you how to self catheterise and send you home with the tubes to put in yourself :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes: Please keep your fingers crossed for me ... I really don't want this to happen!
 
Well I am pretty upset after my visit to the hospital today. I was supposed to see my Consultant but got sent to his Registrar - someone whose English was not very good and who had absolutely no idea about my history or what had been happening. he made no mention of the MUA or Arthroscopy or even the TKR but wanted to go through my tibial plateau fracture of 3 years ago and how it happened :yikes: He did agree to xray me because of my pain which was the only positive!
I waited an hour in xray and then went back for the results. Lo and behold he had the xrays of my plate and pins on the screen and said "what a mess". "Do you remember this?" Well of course I do :yikes:I asked to see todays xrays and he said they are fine. "You need to use your knee". I explained that my whole ****ing day was geared around my knee - cpm for 3 hours, exercises, stretching, icing, elevating!! So he then said "Is your pain 50% better or 75% better than before the operation". I presumed he was talking about the TKR and told him the truth - I am in more pain now than before my TKR. "Oh" he said "Well its early days so lets just wait and come back in 3 months".


To cap it all they then tried to make my next appt for 3pm on Christmas Eve! Which I declined and made them make me one for the week before :hissy:

So I have no answers about what was found at Arthroscopy, the scar tissue, no mention of the clunking, which I explained at length or the pain I am in, or my bending ability.

I am feeling really upset this evening and I am just totally fed up of the whole thing, the pain, the clunking, the limping. I am now wondering whether I should get a second opinion or just wait for next appointment and see if things have improved for me. Or maybe I should write to my Consultant saying I was unhappy with appointment and asking for his input?

Josephine You are the expert in dealing with the NHS, do you have any advice? I am happy with my Consultant but follow up appts often get palmed off to various registrars who don't know what is going on.

I really hope I feel better in the morning :SUNsmile:
 
HorseyLady You bet you should write to your consultant! That appointment with the Registrar was a waste of time. Put all your worries about your knee into the letter, explain (briefly, but accurately) what happened at your appointment, and say that you want a new, earlier appointment with the consultant himself.

By the way, your sneaky physiotherapists are doing you no good. If you decide to go there again, before you lie down on that couch, tell them that you will not tolerate anything that hurts you. Say that if they still hurt you, you will not be coming back and, furthermore, you will be laying a complaint. They are assuming that, by lying down and allowing them to touch you, you are giving consent.

A good physiotherapist can do great things to help, but a bad physiotherapist can set back your recovery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom