TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@H2OPoloMom I have opal from a dig in California, garnet from a dig in Montana, etc. And fossils from all over the US. When we move in a few years I will have to thin out my collection. What I can't sell I will donate to the local high school. My daughter in law loves kids, can't have any of her own (eventually they plan to adopt) Most teachers she has subbed for keep asking for her when they need a sub, she is very popular. She is in the Tacoma Washington area. Hope you have a good day and don't overdo it!
 
Opal is my birth stone:) Sounds like an impressive collection with memories attached!

If other teachers are asking her to sub, she should get a full time job as soon as one opens. One of the disadvantages of teaching is that few positions open mid year. Are you planning on moving closer to family, downsizing or both?
 
@H2OPoloMom Downsizing and getting out of Missouri, hate the hot humid buggy summers. Moving to the Oregon coast. Our son and daughter in law live in Washington state, our daughter, husband, and grandson live here in Missouri. We also have family in Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana. We fell in love with the Oregon coast while passing through one time, and want to retire there.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a niece that lives in Astoria and I love the photos she posts on Facebook. She says she would never move back here. Looks beautiful and I hope I can visit her someday.
 
@Jozilla That is more the northern part, we are partial to the central and southern part (smaller towns). It is beautiful there. The summers don't get much hotter than mid 80s, the winters not much lower than 32. The rainy season is in November and December, so they can get a little bone chilling, but we have lots of snow here, and lot colder temps. The license for shell fish is only about $12 a year. We love to go crabbing (did it when we lived in Maryland). The water is cold so you don't get as many beach goers as California gets. There is even a casino with live music.
 
@H2OPoloMom Good morning, hope you got some sleep?! In many ways my hubby said that lack of sleep is about the worse part of the recovery from tkr. Have a good day!
 
Still getting random shots of pain and my bones feel bruised when I walk sometimes. I haven't been able to link it to any particular activity (the random shots of pain), and it doesn't seem to get better with rest, ice or elevation. It's very frustrating. My knee buckled toward the begining of PT on Friday, but I caught myself, so I guess I need to focus on just walking when I walk (no chewing gum at the same time). Off to bed, but if my pattern for the week holds, I should be up between 2 & 4am...
 
@H2OPoloMom Sorry you are have the shots of pain, I would be worried about the knee buckling. Maybe you should call your OS about that. It shouldn't buckle.
 
@tiredwife, I think the knee buckling is a symptom of my weak quads. It doesn't happen when I'm focused on my walking, so if I build up some more strength, it should eliminate the problem.

One week and counting before I head back to school (and get paid for it)!
 
@tiredwife, my first day back is a 14 hour day. I'm considering wearing a long skirt. I can Saran Wrap a bag of ice to my knee like the kids do and no one will ever know. If I wear shorts underneath, then I can elevate too. Except for the open house, I can sit most of the day.
 
Thank you @tiredwife! It would have been a great night if I hadn't fallen asleep before taking my pain meds. Does the weather affect a tkr like arthritis? I don't think I did anything yesterday (or the day before) that should have caused me to need both Tylenol and ibuprophen yesterday.
 
@H2OPoloMom according to hubby's therapist the weather can effect it. Maybe as the pressure in the air changes it puts pressure on the knee? I know they say if it gets cold it takes a while to warm it up. So if you go out in the cold make sure the knee is well covered.
 
I got weird shots of pain too. I think it's part of the healing. I think the buckling should get better as your quads regain their strength. But be careful. If it doesn't improve tell your OS.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom