Guest viewing is limited

TKR Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for all the messages. I am trying to develop a positive attitude :headbang: :SUNsmile: I'm just going to talk to her but all my friends that have been through this have the mindset of no pain, no gain, even my husband :sad: I'm going to talk with her and see if we can develop a plan for less pain.
 
Chickie, please don't let ANYONE try and force you into the mindset of no pain, no gain!! That is entirely the WRONG approach. It is no pain MORE gain. Maybe you should have your husband read some of our posts. We have all gone through having friends and loved ones giving us incorrect information and making us feel bad. You just hang in here with us, and we will see you through a better way to recover with less setbacks, less discomfort, and better results dear one. :friends:
 
all my friends that have been through this have the mindset of no pain, no gain, even my husband :sad:
All these people have had TKR? And all of them believe, incorrectly, in Jane Fonda's maxim about training? Wow.

Anyway, they're all wrong, because this isn't training, it's healing, and 'no pain, more gain' is correct.
I'm going to talk with her and see if we can develop a plan for less pain.
I am afraid you must be resolute. NO PAIN.
 
Less pain=more gain. Let us know how it goes with the PT next.
You're doing great chickie. :thumb:
 
Physical therapy was great today. :dancy: I have been doing my therapy at home and it really paid off! Spoke to the therapist, we agreed to lest me catch my breath between the warm up to measuring :thankyou: 120 degrees of ROM :bicycle1: I cried like a baby :cheers: :bow:
 
Very sore muscles this morning but feeling so good and able to see the top of this climb. I know I still have a long way to go but being a le to see the top of this hill is beyond beautiful.
 
Therapy yesterday was good....ROM 123, doing standing exercises in PT all the time. They have me on a single step but on Friday, I will go up to double step. My question, what is the maximum ROM I should be looking for. I'm very flexible, having done many years of yoga and do advances poses. Is this just up to the individual or is there a certain goal expected?
 
It's up to the individual. If you had good ROM beforehand, no reason not to get it in future. The joints themselves don't have inherent restrictions AFAIK.
 
I haven't had my percotte since early this morning. Now taking Motrin, 400mg. Can going off the percotte cause feelings of depression. I have been blue all day!
 
Unfortunately, yes, especially when stopped suddenly. Try cutting down, rather than stopping abruptly -- you can either spread the dose out or cut the amount down or both. Sorry you're going through this.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Finally
Chickie, I fully agree with the above---NO PAIN!!! Moving is good, pushing to discomfort is good, PAIN IS BAD! Recovery from TKR is a long road--three months before you begin to feel it may have been worth it, 6 months before you begin to feel "normal", and a year or longer before you can mostly forget you had it done. Keep in mind the TIME & PATIENCE are the key to a good recovery. You have to have (or find) the PATIENCE to give your knee the TIME it need to heal at its own pace. And it is your knee, so don't let others hurt you.


I have found an avatar that I thought you might like to use. It is already sized to fit perfectly as I have tested it. Just right click on the attached picture and "save image as" in your picture files. Then hover your mouse of your user name at the top of the page and from the drop down menu select "Avatar". The click the browse button and find the picture in your files and double click it. Then click "Okay"and you are done.

If you are not interested, my feelings will not be hurt. I just enjoy doing this when the opportunity presents itself.

[Bonesmart.org] Finally
Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Thanks for the avatar :) I reached 125 degrees on Friday, no pain. The therapist told me she was so happy and next week we will work on strength. My calf was touching the back of my thigh :yay: I went to a ball game yesterday, granddaughters were playing. I have been up and about more in the last two days and now find it hard to just sit and do nothing. I have some swelling but I elevate and ice every chance I get..for the most part, I am feeling great and amazed at how things have progressed so quickly :whistle: On another note, I ask her to measure the ROM in the other knee...145 degrees :flwrysmile: I know before the surgery, I also had the degree of ROM in the replaced knee. I am hoping that once the swelling subsides, I will also be able to reach that level again.....thanks yoga. I know this is a journey and not a sprint. :bicycle1: Thanks all who have replied to my post, keep smiling, I am!
 
Chickie, so pleased you like the avatar. And you are doing really well. Would you please put your surgery date in your signature, as well as what surgery you had (i.e., LTKR, RTHR) like the rest of us do? You can find the instructions here: How to create a signature. ​
​
But please also remember that our membership is international and for clarity use the International Date system being Jan. 10, 2013 or 10 Jan. 2013 rather than 1/10/13 or 10/1/13. Thanks so much for your cooperation. It's always a big help to know when someone had their surgery and which knee or hip when answering questions or concerns.​
​
​
 
You're doing great!
 
Ok, I have added my signature! Wondering if any one has used a wedge cushion to help reduce swelling? Pain is barely there but the swelling is problematic.
 
Chickie, many of us have used wedge cushions to help elevate while icing at the same time which is excellent for reducing swelling.
 
Great news! I'm off to get one. ROM today 126 :dancy: Feeling great, now to get this swelling under control :yes!:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom