Guest viewing is limited

TKR Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to laugh when I read your last message. I saw my OS yesterday and overall he was happy with my knee's progress. I'm almost 5 weeks out. I had a slight infection in the incision and he has been seeing me weekly. Anyway he checked my ROM and he said I was about -5 and 110. He said I really had to push my PT. That after 3 months whatever my ROM is then it will stay forever. I just don't get it. You would think with all the TKR's that are done a study would be conducted to see which method works to maximize ROM. It's very hard to disregard what your surgeon tells you. I'm very active, or at least was until my TKR, and want to be able to do all or most of the things I did when my bad knee was good. What everyone here on Bonesmart says is logical but it's very hard to simply ignore all the advice given by those who should know. I wonder if any studies have been done in this area? Good luck with your recovery. I hope you see nothing but improvement.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Finally
Chickie, love those flips. They are so chic-e :heehee:.
 
icecoldtony, please start a thread of your own where you and your questions and concerns can get the attention they deserve and other members can communicate with you without hijacking another member's thread. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

I have developed an avatar that I thought you might like to use. It is already sized to fit perfectly as I have tested it. Just right click on the attached picture and "save image as" in your picture files. Then hover your mouse of your user name at the top of the page and from the drop down menu select "Avatar". The click the browse button and find the picture in your files and double click it. Then click "Okay"and you are done.

[Bonesmart.org] Finally


If you are not interested, my feelings will not be hurt. I just enjoy doing this when the opportunity presents itself.

Looking forward to your first post in your own thread.

 
Look at that ROM!! 2 months out today :happydance: this is the knee that was replaced....still a little swelling but feeling great and doing great :dancy:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Finally
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 179
Almost 10 weeks and I am feeling great :dancy: I have been having some pain but I can take care of it with Lorcet. Think I will get a good anti inflammatory and see if that will help. Still some swelling but I was able to climb on my kitchen stool this morning and rearrange some cabinets :yay: I am not worried about my recovery, I know it will come when it comes, just good to be up and doing stuff :happydance: just wanted to check in and tell everyone hello. Does anyone know of a good anti inflammatory that is easy on the stomach?
 
Great to hear that you are doing well. I use Celebrex. It doesn't bother my stomach and I have been taking it for years.
 
Good morning all :SUNsmile: I am now 11 weeks out and feeling wonderful. I would guess that ROM is around 145, can do anything and everything :dancy: I don't want anyone on this thread to compare themselves to me, please :flwrysmile: I am still having some swelling and occasional pain but I figure that is going to happen for a while longer. I would say, on the pain scale mine At its worst is around 1, again, don't compare yourself to anyone else. TKR recovery is not an easy ride so just take things nice and slow, don't push yourself to the point of pain, follow the Bonesmart mantra and good luck to everyone. Lets get this day started :bicycle1:
 
I forgot something, of course, I did get an anti-inflammatory, Metloxcam. I have been taking it for a week, 15mgs/day. It is causing swelling in my ankles so today, it's on to Motrin, OTC. I have noticed the knee is looking more and more normal! Sleeping all night and feeling good.
 
Hey Chickie,

Wow! Sounds like you are progressing wonderfully! :SUNsmile: Keep up the great work!

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom