THR Finally on the recovery side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pamac
Sounds like you are progressing very nicely. Good job! Yes, I have found the cane has many uses...from scratching my feet, lifting my leg and the ever important pointer.
 
@djklaugh Nothing was put in writing about the work thing, so I think we'll just keep it to ourselves. :heehee:

@Nana757 Yes! The foot scratcher!

Just was out in the yard and the smoke from fires is so bad my eyes started stinging and had to come back in. Sure wish it would rain.
 
Wow! I hadn't even considered what you poor folks on the west coast must be dealing with. The air quality must be miserable. I hope and pray all those fires are contained soon.
 
Wind shifted and today is really bad. It hasn't rained in months but maybe one day. Praying to the rain Gods to get those firefighters out of harms way, we've lost too many already. The smoke in town makes it so real.
 
Three weeks today! I have been working some from home - maybe 3 hours total but broken up into about 45 minute chunks. I'm walking without my cane and went around a couple blocks today (I take the cane with like a security blanket). Above my knee toward the outside still bothers me. It still feels like I did 100 leg presses. The posterior side of my incision is kind of swollen and numb, but it doesn't hurt. Probably because it's numb, duh. I walked up hill a little and I could do it! Preop the slightest incline was impossible. I either had to walk up hills backward or walk like the Mummy-step-drag, step-drag. I even did a few stairs normally today. I nap and ice after my walks. So far so good!
 
Congrats on the progress, it's amazing how our body heals and adapts isn't it. One week we're barely able to move with crutches, next thing you know your flying uphill with a single cane tucked under your arm. Good luck & I hope the progress keeps going for you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Cynthia777 I am doing ok. Just finding that you don't feel the effects of overdoing it for about 12 hours. So it's easy to do! I'm napping in the late afternoon and up at midnight. Still icing for overdoing it pain, and for this area of swelling on my hip/thigh. It's good! I did some stairs normally and that I think was one of those overdoing it things. I did some easy sweeping of the front sidewalk today. Nice to feel the sunshine!
 
@pamac Damn that sounds so familiar, but I bet getting outside for that little while felt good!

I think we are all finding the payback limits as we push onwards through our recoveries, but as per the advice I got the other day; if you plan an activity day then a recovery day you'll have some control over the payback and slowly the recovery times will decrease - at least that's the hope

Enjoy the sun, chill with the ice ( on the hips or in the iced tea ) and have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@AndyH99 Last night I enjoyed listening to some thunder and pouring rain which was music! We've had far too much hot and dry this summer. Today is sunny and blustery wind hopefully with some more rain on the way. I'll get a walk in first.
@Cynthia777 The swelling is just enough to smooth out a little cellulite :heehee: I'm going for some acupuncture today, maybe will help that a little.
 
@pamac Jealous now, I love storm watching. My favourite spot when on holiday is in a cafe on a seafront watching the storm play across the sea.

Enjoy the stroll before it hits.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ooh I love rain and thunder too, reminds me of camping:wink: I think we all do the bit too much and get that ache the next day or worse during the night. It's that learning curve of knowing what you can and cant do.
Let us know how the acupuncture went, and I hope the pain is easing too
 
@Suzette
I'm hanging in there my dear, thanks! Hope your work situation gets better! Good for you finding that prison training program!
Yep, Pluviophiles is a weird word indeed! I only know it because I truly have such a fascination with storms and I figured I wasn't normal, so I researched it! Lol!
 
@Suzette The acupuncture went well. We just did a short session to start and I could really feel the good chi! One thing I forgot about is that I'm still taking 2 aspirin a day so 2 of the needles actually bled a little and left a mark. My pain is getting better and the swollen part seems to be a little smaller and has more sensation. I am taking shorter, more frequent walks. The pain above my knee is still there, but less too. Slow and steady.
Our "storm" is over for now, it was sure refreshing!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom