Guest viewing is limited

TKR Finally found a new surgeon

@Jockette
Oh thank you very for the encouragement and support, I just have to keep keeping on. Sometimes I feel my knee is just locked in one position, then a few days later it will have mush better ROM, It just flip flops one day to another. I’m just going to stay on here and read everyone’s posts, it really helps me get through the rough times.
:thankyou:
 
If it makes you feel any better, my ROM is not fabulous and I still have a fair amount of discomfort and it’s been a year for me. But in spite of that I do see improvements happening. I am slowly bending better.
 
I have good ROM, but still some pain. Each and every knee is different. You are doing all the things you are doing without being restricted by your lower ROM. It's not hurting you at all. Enjoy your progress!
 
Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who has responded to my post, I appreciate you all and thank you for your encouragement and support. :thankyou:
 
@Mr Gary Hello. Are you sure you aren't passed 90? It's hard to do the stairs without being at least 100.
 
Do you have a goniometer? Are you measuring correctly. It seems unlikely that you are just 90* and able to do all those things you are doing.
 
Do you have a goniometer? Are you measuring correctly. It seems unlikely that you are just 90* and able to do all those things you are doing.
I was thinking the same thing. If you’re guessing you might be more than you think. That happened to me.
Sometimes I feel my knee is just locked in one position, then a few days later it will have mush better ROM, It just flip flops one day to another.
This is why we call this recovery a rollercoaster!
 
@Jockette
I’m just very puzzled

I don’t have a meter but I have done a lot of carpenter work and I’m pretty sure of the 90 degrees I am at.
My knee has very little pain at all, just don’t understand. Several months ago I took the advice of most everyone here and didn’t do the PT thing. I am very active and able to do just about anything. I read how some people have great ROM after just about half the time. I would feel so much better if I could find someone else that is in the same boat as me with there ROM. I sometimes second guess myself wether I did the right thing by not torching myself with the PT.
I don’t want to even think about the Manipulation thing.
 
Hi Mr Gary.. I just read your story and can relate to the ups and downs you've been through. It helps to know your not the only one on the rollercoaster. But we will all get off it eventually.
My PT said most surgeons are looking for you R O M of 90 to function properly, ie walking up stairs. You are doing everything you want to do with 90 so I. Wouldn't worry too much about the numbers. It's easy for someone to say you have to push it but they don't have the pain.
Hope you get to where you want to be eventually.
Take Care
 
@Mr Gary do you have an exercise bike? I got a lend of one and it helps a lot.
I put the seat up as far as I could and tried a revolution slowly, it was quite tight at the top but found it easier to back pedal for a while. After a few minutes my knee warmed up and could do a full rotation. Then build on your progress. The only way is up
 
It is one year now and I still can’t work. It hurts to walk, stand and sit and stings while trying to get to sleep. I have my one year check in 2 days..I’ll try not to cry, but this is the worst thing I have ever done in my life.
Anyone else in my shoes?
 
@roxylee25
I’m sorry for complaining about my, ( only 90 degrees) I will pray for you that things get better. Please PM me and let me know how your Dr visit goes and what they plan to do to help you. I never dreamed that would happen to anyone.:cry::shrug::boohoo:
 
Ok I’m reporting in.
I will be at 9 months post op, I can do most anything, I “still” can only bend my knee 90 degrees, I’m starting to wonder if that is all I’m going to be able to bend. I mow my yard, go up and down stairs, although going down gives me a little trouble. My wife and I are on vacation in the Smoky Mountains, and we have been doing a lot of hiking, 4 and 5 miles each day, I’m having very little pain and swelling. The only thing I’m worried about is my ROM. MY other knee is starting to bother me some, but I WILL NOT have a Knee Replacement until I absolutely can’t walk on it.
I would appreciate any comments.
 
Sounds like you're doing great, in practical terms. You have such a positive, amazing attitude and that's your best ally.

I think you can still gain more flexion. If you're concerned about your flexion, and your pain and swelling are minimal (or better yet, gone) you can do things to see if you can help it along. Do you bike? A stationary bike, at home or the gym, can be used to strengthen and work the joint. Outside biking, same thing. I'd recommend other advisors who know more about this, if you're interested.

Another option is to find an excellent physical therapist, one who understands rehabilitating TKRs, who can help with exercises you might do to improve your flexion. It might be a very gradual process.

Remember that your knee isn't finished healing yet. It still has some pain and swelling, so it's not done yet. So you don't want to force it or push it too hard. Stay active, enjoy life, and be a support player for Team Knee.
 
Why worry about ROM when you're doing all the things you want to do. I'm sure it will continue to increase in its own time. Quit worrying and enjoy life! Oh, and I'm with you on waiting as long as possible for the other knee replacement! I don't want to have to go through another one!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom