TKR Finally found a new surgeon

That’s what I would do, providing my surgeon agreed that it was safe to wait.

And after 42 years of marriage, my husband and I are still in love, also. Click on my avatar and you’ll see us.
 
Last edited:
Oh thanks to all of you(my friends). My leg did hurt when the Dr tried to go past 90 degrees, he also said that it seemed to be locked. He told me that he is going to rebuild the TNR, also will includ the right size spacer as they think I have the ring spacer, take out as much scar tissue as possible. I pray he doesn’t have to cut the femur or the tibia any, as my surgery is secluded for November the 22nd and I have a vacation trip to Tennessee on the 16th Of December, as bad as I need my surgery I may have to postpone till January. What’s everyone’s thoughts on tha ? As bad as my leg was I was driving 4 weeks after my surgery before.
I
 
I love to see people weather all the storms of life and just “STAY” together.
A few years ago a friend of mine and his wife spent thousands of dollars for a re wedding, or to renew there vows, he said to me “ me Gary, when are you and your wife going to renew your vows?” I said to him “ I meant them the first time I said them.”
 
Be sure you talk to your surgeon before you reschedule the surgery, she might not think it’s in your best interest to wait. I know you don’t want to lose that vacation time, but you want the best situation for your knee. I hope she agrees that waiting will be alright.
 
I've had a surgeon whom told me almost the same words as yours told you. I didn't hang around long - too many good / great orthopedic specialist to have to put up with an arrogant ego. IMO!!!

I'm concerned about the timing though. Nov to Dec isn't much 'healing' time. Have you discussed this trip with your surgeon? I'd be afraid its just too much too soon. I totally get you want to go - weigh the pro's and con's and then you'll have your answer.

As an aside - we were high school sweethearts - married 41 yrs. My best friend and still the love of my life. I love happy stories.
 
Well folks, I have really considered both sides, wether th have my revision now or the first of January when my wife and I get home from our vacation. I have decided to wait, don’t want to have surgery three weeks before we go to the mountains in Tennessee. I know how my pain and discomfort was three weeks after my RTNR, so I think I will just enjoy the Mountains as much as I can,mthen come home and “GO FOR IT.”
As always, thank you all for your encouragement and advice.
:thankyou:
 
@Mr Gary, I think you have made the right decision to postpone your surgery until after your vacation! You would probably be miserable going 3 weeks after surgery. I pray your revision is a complete success!
 
@Mr Gary sorry to hear you are still experiencing so much pain.
I go to sleep every night with this in my prayers "thank god I only have two knees". I dont think I could do this a third time.
Enjoy your vacation and come back ready to slay this knee dragon once and for all.
You are among fellow knee survivors here, we understand like only survivors can.
 
Last edited:
@Mr Gary We haven’t heard from you in a long time. Did you have a revision last year? How are you doing?
 
Back
Top Bottom