Knee Infection Finally Finishing Up

Hi @KarriB Did your arm bother you after the picc came out? I'm having pain from my elbow to the underarm. It hurt to put on deodorant this morning.
 
I don't remember having a lot of pain, maybe just some soreness. The office nurse pulled that sucker out with no warning. Boom, it was out and in the sink. Was there a problem when they took it out?
 
Toward the end of it there was a fibrin sheath that had formed. It was starting to clog/block the line. It mad the last couple of inches rough.
 
That might make it sore. Have you tried some heat on it?
 
Hope some heat helps. I remembered that something happened when they pulled he PICC line, but wasn't sure what.
 
@PegGar16 we were so lucky to have missed this storm - my town is about 20 miles northwest of Boston and we got less than an inch of snow! After last year's record-breaking winter, most people here don't seem to mind missing a storm like this. (Well, at least the adults don't mind!)
I am sorry you are so sore where the line came out - it sounds really uncomfortable. I am hoping that you have managed to show that infection out the door permanently and that this will all soon be behind you :SUNsmile:
 
Hello, just popped in.

I have had three pics in. Never hurt, itched after removal and left some little scars, but, I never had pain. I hope it checks out For you. I got mine wet and grew used to it, pulled on it, got it dirty and it was all ok.
I would keep my Dr. Informed.
Good luck
 
Hi Peggy,
I've started to follow your journey, after you reached out to me with my first post!
I'm so sorry to hear you're still having problems - but you sound positive - good for you.
Hopefully your recovery will go smoothly from this point on.
And hope you're enjoying our Seattle sunshine today - we sure need it:cool:
 
@KarriB Hi. The heat didn't help but it hasn't gotten worse. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and will have him check it out. I have to work (from home) so you have a good day:)
 
@Steve4kids Glad you "popped in" :) Hope you are doing OK with the waiting game. I see a Doctor tomorrow and will check it out.
 
I'm glad you have an appt. with your dr. Is it warm to the touch?
 
@KarriB It's not warm or red...that would be a trip-infection on top of infection:) It is just sore. There is a little bruise about an inch away from the injection site. It might just be from that rough ending. I really didn't feel anything when she was taking it out until the very end. Never a dull moment here..all though I could use one:)
 
I hope everything is alright with the PICC line removal and that your knee continues to heal. Hopefully will be ok.
 
Hopefully it'll feel better every day. Let me know what your doc says.
 
@KarriB Hello! Doctor believes it was just bruised and tender from taking it out. Not to worry. Now I get to wait on my OS appointment in 2 weeks to go over the X-ray report.

Impression: There's been interval removal of antibiotic beads from the joint. No evidence of fracture or hardware loosening. Soft tissue swelling in the infrapatellar region. Patella is slightly tilted medially.

I am a little worried about that tendon not healing right on the patella - They had to redo the tendon when they opened it up for the infection clean out. I hate waiting but patience is everything :) My appointment is on Feb 9th.

I have a trip to Las Vegas planned for Feb 15th where I am meeting up with my sister (from MA) and her family. I had to cancel all my trips last year so I really don't want to miss this.
 
I'm glad there were no problems with the PICC line. That's one less thing to worry about. It is hard waiting for an appt with the OS to find out what comes next and when. Hopefully you will steadily get better from here on out.
 
Good to hear it's just bruised. After an infection it seems we worry about everything!

I would go to meet your sister, even if you needed a wheelchair. At some point you just need to have a life instead of waiting at home. Anytime you're sitting put the leg up, that will help the soft tissue and swelling. But you can put it up in Vegas as well as you can at home.
 
@KarriB I am going no matter what..Propping the knee up beside the pool sounds really nice:) I need my family fix..she is my only sister and I missed our summer visit.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom